Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old jean

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
jean is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-28-02 , 10:30 AM

Does anyone have a Diamonique which got cloudy? I have had one for 3 years and it is still okay, although I do not wear it everyday.

Gemstone Search:

Budget:  

Old MelissaCT

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 66
MelissaCT is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-28-02 , 10:33 AM

I had one; it got cloudy. And I kept it clean.

MelissaCT signature
M E L

Old marriahlyn

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 58
marriahlyn is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 06-28-02 , 11:06 AM

I have a 2 carat marquise diamonique and it got cloudy and all scratched and looks terrible.

Old Starfishdsb

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds
Diamonds: 1

My Karma
Power: 51
Starfishdsb is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-28-02 , 12:16 PM

Ive had Diamonique, Absolute, Victoria Wieck, and Bella CZs and they all look terrible (IMO) after several wearings....and I keep them clean!
I will stick with the Van Graffs! (i dont have an Asha)

Old jan695

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 49
jan695 is on a distinguished road

diamonique
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 06-28-02 , 03:42 PM

I have a 3ct round from qvc. I've had it for more than a year. It pretty much looks the same as it did when i got it. But I never wear it. I've ordered absolute from hsn and sent everything back. It should be called absolutecrap! lol It reminded me of bubble gum machine rings. I'll stick to my Asha!

Old tildeplus

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
tildeplus is on a distinguished road

6 years
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 06-29-02 , 10:51 AM

And still going strong. Sorry all you "SuperSim" lovers. If there were such a thing, don't you think a huge company like Swaro would have started making it? Or maybe they have been making it all along.

[Edited by tildeplus on 06-29-02 at 10:51 AM]

Old MelissaCT

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

TILDEPLUS
Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 06-29-02 , 01:58 PM

Here you go again.

All I know is that I had a QVC CZ and it went bad, quickly. I have had my Asha for a little over a year and it is still gorgeous. So you can &*%$ and moan against the "super sims" but the evidence is out there, the consumers have spoken.

MelissaCT signature
M E L

Old diamondangel

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
diamondangel is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 06-29-02 , 03:51 PM

I had a 3/4 carat diamonique, wore it everyday for a year, and it was stolen (but still looked good when it was stolen!); I have a V. Weick for the past 5 years, and it still looks incredible. The setting for it is a little tarnished looking (which is funny considering it's white gold), but the stone is still amazingly believable.

Old tudortwo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 56
tudortwo is on a distinguished road

I had that same V.W ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 07-02-02 , 04:33 PM

. . . that you posted above. I returned it. The cut didn't bring out the sparkle, and it looked a bit cloudy. I also thought the setting was a bit too chinsy. Although I'm happy you're glad with yours Diamondangel. Maybe they just don't have the best quality control or something.

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 457
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=117, In=1

Did you guys read the thread
Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 07-02-02 , 06:39 PM

started by the manager from Signity??? I asked him/her about the Signity being Diamonique, absolute, bella, etc. He said "not all diamonique is Signity", which means some of the mass merchandisers cz jewelry is made with Signity.
They do have a pretty product, but when you buy from any of those operations you have no idea who's stone you're buying.
That is why I choose Van-Graff, I know that Juan controls the product from beginning to end.

irish

edited to point out that I don't know if the manager at Signity was a man or woman

[Edited by irish on 07-02-02 at 06:41 PM]

Old tildeplus

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Re: TILDEPLUS
Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 07-02-02 , 11:58 PM

Quote:
MelissaCT :
Here you go again.

All I know is that I had a QVC CZ and it went bad, quickly. I have had my Asha for a little over a year and it is still gorgeous. So you can &*%$ and moan against the "super sims" but the evidence is out there, the consumers have spoken.

Melissa as usual you only repeat what you are told on this message board. There is no such thing as a super simulant.
If there were a better CZ composition, Signity would have bought the stone, studied it, made their own version, and announced it to the world. I find it strange that the only thing they have done is started marketing a new CUT, not a new type of CZ. That tells me that this so called "super simulant" is nothing more than a more precisely cut grade A CZ from the usual CZ material.

If you consumers learn anything from this thread it should be obvious by what another poster said, that some of the other CZ's being sold by mass merchandisers are Signity, that's why there is a variation in the type of CZ you receive and how well it performs. Obviously, I received one of the Signity CZ's because I specifically bought it during a Swarogem show on QVC. Since the CZ I purchased has lasted 10 years without going bad, that in itself attests to the quality of a Swarovski CZ. Since Swarovski/Signity is going to be producing it's own version of the Hearts and Arrows cut, and probably at a lower price than the other merchandisers that frequent Diamond Talk, it makes sense to me that if you are interested in this type of stone, wait to see what Signity has to offer and then make your purchase.

[Edited by tildeplus on 07-03-02 at 12:12 AM]

Old Cassandra

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Cassandra is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 07-03-02 , 12:13 AM

Scuse me, Tildeplus. You are OUT of LINE calling Melissa that. I don't care if you edited it out.

First of all, wouldn't it be Idiotic of a company who has a product that is superior of what's out on the market today turn around and sell that product to another company that makes the same kind of product but of lesser quality, when they can sell the product to the public themselves, and make more money? Eh??

Old Starfishdsb

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds
Diamonds: 1

My Karma
Power: 51
Starfishdsb is on a distinguished road

Clarifying my earlier post
Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 07-03-02 , 12:15 AM

Of the ones mentioned above, I will have to say that the Victoria Wieck (earrings) looked the nicest the longest.
I dont want to step into a heated debate among sims...but my Van Graff eternity rolling ring is prettier than any CZ creation Ive seen (with the exception of the Asha princess). The Asha was believed to be real until tested by three different jewelers....any other CZ Ive had (above) was smirked at by same jewelers...
Proof is in the puddin'

Old Cassandra

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 07-03-02 , 12:18 AM

And by the way, tildeplus, I have Owned ordinary CZs. And I have 3 VanGraffs. The VanGraffs win hands down ANY Day. Would you care to come to Michigan to compare my regular CZs to my VanGraffs to actually see the difference with your very own little eyes?

Old Queens

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 50
Queens is on a distinguished road

Tildeplus
Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 07-03-02 , 01:14 AM

I made a similar comment a while ago and asked if the Signity Star would be comparable to the Super Sims. Juan replied and said that the H&A cut was only one part of it. He said that the formulation of the cz material is different. Since I'm not in that business and Juan is, I will defer to his knowledge and experience. I think you ought to do the same. Are you a natural contrarian?

Old tildeplus

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 07-03-02 , 04:28 AM

Quote:
Cassandra :
Scuse me, Tildeplus. You are OUT of LINE calling Melissa that. I don't care if you edited it out.

First of all, wouldn't it be Idiotic of a company who has a product that is superior of what's out on the market today turn around and sell that product to another company that makes the same kind of product but of lesser quality, when they can sell the product to the public themselves, and make more money? Eh??

Try clarifying your statement so that it will make sense. If you are trying to state that Juan or Les sell their product to Signity, where did you even get the idea that I was suggesting that? No wonder you are so gullible, you can't understand the written language.

Re-stated.....If Juan or Les actually had a product superior to Signity, Signity would have bought a SAMPLE of their product, studied it to see if it were actually superior to their product, reproduced the sample with a few minor changes in the chemical makeup if necessary (which probably isn't because I have noted that none of these products have been patented) and sold their version of a "super simulant" to the jewelry market with great fanfare.
Because Signity has chosen not to market a "super simulant" and only market their version of the Hearts and Arrows cut, then obviously Signity doesn't think that there is anything so super about these new simulants that would make these products better than their own CZ formulation except for the cut.

As for deferring to Juan's "intimate knowledge on this message board...Juan has been proven to be a liar several times over. Juan is a salesman using a gimmick to sell a product, that's all.

And Queens, no I'm not a natural contrarian, I just naturally tend to expose lies and liars.

[Edited by tildeplus on 07-03-02 at 04:40 AM]

Old MadAsHell

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
MadAsHell is on a distinguished road

Changing the Subject
Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 07-03-02 , 09:32 AM

I just want to comment on a saying .

There was a thread here recently about the words of songs people had misunderstood ("scuse me while I kiss this guy," etc).

*I* want to discuss that pudding !!

The saying is, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating,". In other words, the true worth of a pudding is measured by how it *tastes* and *feels* once one actually *EATS* it. (Not in how it looks or smells or appears superficially.)

I am not sure how the saying turned into, "The proof is in the pudding," (which makes no sense), but I acknowledge that is has.

People also say, "tow the line" instead of, "toe the line" (which means to keep oneself exactly where one is supposed to be...toes behind the line).

Just wanted to go off onto that tangent.
You may go back to your regularly scheduled fi...I mean discussion now .

AGBF

Old jean

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
jean is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 07-03-02 , 09:38 AM

Well said AGBF

Old MadAsHell

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Where's the Beef?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 07-03-02 , 09:47 AM

Quote:
tildeplus :

Re-stated.....If Juan or Les actually had a product superior to Signity, Signity would have bought a SAMPLE of their product, studied it to see if it were actually superior to their product, reproduced the sample with a few minor changes in the chemical makeup if necessary

As for deferring to Juan's "intimate knowledge on this message board...Juan has been proven to be a liar several times over. Juan is a salesman using a gimmick to sell a product, that's all.

Well...here is my dispassionate reaction to your posting tildeplus:

You have not proven to my satisfaction that a Van Graff has no chemical superiority to the CZ used by Signity.

You have stated that if a Van Graff were superior that Signity would have copied it. Where is the proof of that?

As to Queens' suggestion that you defer to Juan's superior knowledge of Van Graffs: Of course no one should simply take Juan's word about a product on which he makes money!!

On the other hand, you offer no proof that Juan is lying or has ever lied.

I am open to learning more, but I don't care to make some of the leaps of faith you suggest any more than I care to believe something a vendor says if *he* does not back up his position.

AGBF

Old Cassandra

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 07-03-02 , 09:47 AM

Quote:
tildeplus :
Quote:
Cassandra :

Try clarifying your statement so that it will make sense. If you are trying to state that Juan or Les sell their product to Signity, where did you even get the idea that I was suggesting that? No wonder you are so gullible, you can't understand the written language.

Re-stated.....If Juan or Les actually had a product superior to Signity, Signity would have bought a SAMPLE of their product, studied it to see if it were actually superior to their product, reproduced the sample with a few minor changes in the chemical makeup if necessary (which probably isn't because I have noted that none of these products have been patented) and sold their version of a "super simulant" to the jewelry market with great fanfare.
Because Signity has chosen not to market a "super simulant" and only market their version of the Hearts and Arrows cut, then obviously Signity doesn't think that there is anything so super about these new simulants that would make these products better than their own CZ formulation except for the cut.

And Queens, no I'm not a natural contrarian, I just naturally tend to expose lies and liars.

[Edited by tildeplus on 07-03-02 at 04:40 AM]

You know, I really don't like you. Thank you so much for putting words in my mouth. At least I don't need to call somebody a jack@$$ to get my points across.

"No wonder you are so gullible, you can't understand the written language."

Gullible? There are a few things I would like to call you, but I'd rather not make other folks reading this thread blind or ill.

I did NOT say that "Juan or Les sell their product to Signity". I said, why WOULD they, if they could make more money selling their products on their own?

And I see you RE-STATED, obviously to clarify your points which you did not clearly state before, and you realized this. So perhaps I didn't misread your first posting after all, eh?

So, Signity has never once lied about any one thing ever during their entire existance? And why is it Signity is the 100% angel out of this whole thing, while all the other vendors are "evil"?

"obviously Signity doesn't think that there is anything so super about these new simulants"

Why would Signity admit that another product that they do not sell is superior to their own product?

You don't have much good business sense, do you.

Well put, AGBF.

Old Cassandra

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 07-03-02 , 09:52 AM

Also, If Signity jumped in and said, "Hey look, THESE CZs are far more superior than ours, so we're going to switch over to these now." - How do you think aaaaall those people who bought the previous Signity CZs would feel knowing they had a cheaper and not as nice CZ, and that if they would have waited, they could have bought a Signity SuperSim too without having wasted money on the old junk.

Just curious what your thoughts are. Try to not insult anyone in your posting this time, and I promise I won't insult you.

Old Cassandra

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 07-03-02 , 09:54 AM

Say, tildeplus... Do you happen to work for Signity? You don't seem to want to leave any room for discussion that someone could offer a better product than them.

Old MelissaCT

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 07-03-02 , 09:56 AM

Hmm I am slightly curious about what Tildeplus said about me before the post was edited. Oh well, I really don't care.

The thing is...he/she (I don't even know) is never going to agree with anything we say about the super sims, regardless.

All I know is that my Asha blows away any regular CZ I have seen, Signity included (I was sent samples for free by someone who will remain nameless).
So even if my Diamonique wasn't a Signity, I have seen true Signity stones, and remain unimpressed.

MelissaCT signature
M E L

Old Cassandra

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 07-03-02 , 09:59 AM

Sent you a PM, Mel.

Old MadAsHell

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Tell Me, Too!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 07-03-02 , 10:04 AM

Quote:
Cassandra :
Sent you a PM, Mel.

Well...I hope you send me one, too, then Cassandra! You know that saying about the pudding? Oh...no...it isn't that one. It's, "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anyone, come sit by me". Please tell me all the dirt. Pretty please .

AGBF, ready to check her PMs at the drop of a hat!!!

Read Messages in: GEMSTONES All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic My asha at Tiffany s by tudortwo
Up a Topic Please tell me someone can help me posted in DIAMONDS by NDnewbie
Older:
Down a Topic Emerald Heart shap altered 1 00ct approx by Minex
Down a Topic GIA cert stones posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by mkded199