Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Horizon

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 87
Horizon is on a distinguished road

My searach for a setting..Is this it??
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 05-24-02 , 09:37 AM

Hi all,

I may not be on this forum as much as I have been as I took a leave of absence from work yesterday due to my stress levels. Anyway, that's a secondary issue..be thinking of me

I've been looking at custom rings, similar to dvatche royal crown for my pear. The cheapest is around 500.00 so far.

Then I saw this posted on BTD.com....What do you think? It's a great price, only $195.00 And I love the square shank.

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old jean

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
jean is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 05-24-02 , 09:46 AM

Is this a tension setting. Have you read the other threads about tension settings and that some are not true tension settings and therefore not secure. Maybe one of the experts could comment on this.

I like the look of the ring though it is lovely.

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Gin is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=14
Referrals: 13

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 05-24-02 , 11:32 AM

Quote:
jean :
Is this a tension setting. Have you read the other threads about tension settings and that some are not true tension settings and therefore not secure. Maybe one of the experts could comment on this.

I like the look of the ring though it is lovely.

If I'm not mistaken this is a picture without a head on it yet, just the shank, so to speak. Since this design could hold any shape/size stone.

Old susanpdavis

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 81
susanpdavis is on a distinguished road

shank and head
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 05-24-02 , 11:38 AM

This is indeed just the shank and various heads in various metals will be available, just not on the site yet. I hope to be ordering the cathedral solitaire setting. Susanp

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Re: shank and head
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 05-24-02 , 12:09 PM

Quote:
susanpdavis :
This is indeed just the shank and various heads in various metals will be available, just not on the site yet. I hope to be ordering the cathedral solitaire setting. Susanp

Susan,

This setting is just wonderful! Does the price include a head (just specify what you need)?

Thanks,

Old Horizon

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 05-24-02 , 03:06 PM

I'm waiting to find out if it includes the head. Even if it does, last time I only paid 55.00 for a 2CT head...So it should still be a very reasonable price.

And yes, this is not a tension setting, it's just a ring without the head shown

I think they may also customize it to allow the sides to come up a little higher, maybe more like the dvatche...I'm HOPING!!

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 05-24-02 , 03:13 PM

Horizon,

I think this is a beautiful mounting. I like the other rings on BTD's site, too. Very smooth lines, nice thick shanks. The deep squared off back is good, too. Sometimes the squared off back is not big enough to prevent 'ring spin'.

What shape/size stone is going in here?

Old susanpdavis

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 81
susanpdavis is on a distinguished road

ec or radiant
Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 05-24-02 , 05:41 PM

I am going to order an emerald sim and a radiant sim in 2 carat size and then see which one I like the best. Hopefully I can return the one I do not care for and get it credited to my credit card. Then I will order the Aphrodite setting or the Tiffany Cathedral setting. Not sure which one will work the best with the rectangular shape, but know it will look great. Am doing the white gold with the rhodium plating as cannot afford the platinum this year, maybe later.. Susanp

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Re: ec or radiant
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 05-24-02 , 06:49 PM

Quote:
susanpdavis :
I am going to order an emerald sim and a radiant sim in 2 carat size and then see which one I like the best. Hopefully I can return the one I do not care for and get it credited to my credit card. Then I will order the Aphrodite setting or the Tiffany Cathedral setting. Not sure which one will work the best with the rectangular shape, but know it will look great. Am doing the white gold with the rhodium plating as cannot afford the platinum this year, maybe later.. Susanp

I have a 2CT Princess cut VG set in a 14K WG Tiffany Cathedral setting, die struck, with a 3mm wide comfort fit band in a size 7, very, very nice.... I just haven't put it on eBay yet. I am waiting for the discontinued items to sell out before I start listing my new inventory.

Here's a preview of the Tiffany Cathedral:

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 05-24-02 , 06:50 PM

The Tiffany Cathedral profile:

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 05-24-02 , 07:16 PM

Oh, while I'm at it I am going to post a picture of a Tension Mounting with a 2CT Princess VG sent in 14K WG in size 5-1/2, that will be listed in eBay, also. I'm getting so excited!!!

The big problem is they are all so beautiful that I don't want to sell any!!! So, ordering in a 5-1/2 (my size) MUST STOP!!!

Edited to apologize for my horrible photography!!!!

[Edited by Gin on 05-24-02 at 07:17 PM]

Old Hest88

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Hest88 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 05-24-02 , 07:26 PM

I really like the structural look of that cathedral, and I usually don't like cathedrals. However, this one looks very balanced and clean.

The tension-set is nice, too. I'm rather partial to those!

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Thank you!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 05-24-02 , 07:29 PM

I am so excited about getting things rolling on the eBay store. I just am not sure about having the discontinued models at the same time as the new inventory. What do you think?

Old Blink

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Blink is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 05-24-02 , 07:45 PM

I'd rec. having seperate sections. Some people are always looking for "deals" while others want the latest and greatest at ANY price...

Just my .02, but I do get paid for "Marketing" at work. ; )

Blink

Old Horizon

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Get new products out the door...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 05-25-02 , 10:39 AM

I agree, if your new products are ready, and they're beautiful!!! Get the on the site. Just have a "clearance" section, some people love those (like me) and a "new" section.....

Old CarmenTN

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
CarmenTN is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 05-25-02 , 11:04 AM

Gin,

You're going to have to quit it with the pc's, they are gorgeous, they're killing me! And of course you and I are the same size, You know I'm going to have to get one! plus a digital cam, plus some scroll basket earrings, plus....

ooooooh! I love a good "clearance" section, just the word makes me want to buy, and I usually do!

Horizon I like your choice, the square is very neat. I can never make a decision, I put all my faith in Gin, she's my jewel psychic! From here on out, all my jewel purchases will be ok'd thru her first!!

Call now for your free readin from Ms. Gin!!!!!!

Old Hest88

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Hest88 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 05-25-02 , 12:39 PM

Gin, definitely have both the discountinued items on at the same time. As the others said, bargain hunters will be attracted to the discountinued items straight-away. Then, even if they don't bite, it will also lead them into your "new" section. It's really a win-win.

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 05-25-02 , 12:48 PM

I appreciate you guys so much!!!

OK, I'm going to create a 'clearance' section and move everything that is discontinued and marked down there, both rings and earrings... I see, that will separate the two and we can get on with this!

Now, to get this photography thing under control. Of course all the DT'ers can see through bad photos to the real beauty of a piece, but I don't think the average eBayer will.

Juan will provide me with the photos on all pieces done by him. But on the pieces I have commissioned (which I promise will be of the same quality or I won't sell it!) are another story! I've gotten some suggestions and am definately building a light box and digging out the tripod!

Stay tuned!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I'll start making the changes in eBay catagories as the active auctions end...

Thanks again!!!

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic FedEx signature release on file by 210diamond
Up a Topic Diamond for sale posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by jlvsm1991
Older:
Down a Topic OT Anyone here into photography by Sapphireangel
Down a Topic OT Anyone here into photography posted in DIAMONDS by Sapphireangel