Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old FirstTimer5

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
FirstTimer5 is on a distinguished road

What can I expect for $5-10K?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 07-28-12 , 01:07 AM

I know this is a wide range, in the $5,000 to $10,000 range. But when looking for a loose diamond in this range, I was hoping I could get a bit of direction as to what I can expect to find at the stores.

I know I can find a .25ct J, SI1 Good cut diamond, but i would be overpaying at the $5,000 mark

and I know that a 4ct D, VVS1 Excellent cut diamond could never be found for a price as low as $10,000.

So to get the 'best' ROUND diamond, what would you suggest is the correct mix of the C's to get the largest size with the most 'sparkle' that can be seen?

I must have at least 1ct, must have at least VS2 and it should be noted that this will be set in yellow gold, though likely a 6-prong setting, but maybe 8 -- the setting will not "surround" the table, so if there are options other than prongs, they may also be taken into account.

I am getting a bit off topic though, can anyone suggest a diamond i should "look" for that will be both large and sparkle, in this price range that gets the most 'bang for the buck' please? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
  • Clarity: 0
  • Table Percent: 0
  • Girdle: 0 0
  • Culet: 00
  • Polish: 0
  • Symmetry: 0
The preceding form was filled out on our Ask DT page.

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old DiamondAdvice

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Karma
DiamondAdvice is on a distinguished road

Re: What can I expect for $5-10K?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 09-20-12 , 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimer5
I know this is a wide range, in the $5,000 to $10,000 range. But when looking for a loose diamond in this range, I was hoping I could get a bit of direction as to what I can expect to find at the stores.

I know I can find a .25ct J, SI1 Good cut diamond, but i would be overpaying at the $5,000 mark

and I know that a 4ct D, VVS1 Excellent cut diamond could never be found for a price as low as $10,000.

So to get the 'best' ROUND diamond, what would you suggest is the correct mix of the C's to get the largest size with the most 'sparkle' that can be seen?

I must have at least 1ct, must have at least VS2 and it should be noted that this will be set in yellow gold, though likely a 6-prong setting, but maybe 8 -- the setting will not "surround" the table, so if there are options other than prongs, they may also be taken into account.

I am getting a bit off topic though, can anyone suggest a diamond i should "look" for that will be both large and sparkle, in this price range that gets the most 'bang for the buck' please? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
  • Clarity: 0
  • Table Percent: 0
  • Girdle: 0 0
  • Culet: 00
  • Polish: 0
  • Symmetry: 0
The preceding form was filled out on our Ask DT page.

Hi FirstTimer5, did you find your diamond yet? If not, I'm happy to help you find one. The $5-10K budget is a nice range. You can definitely find a nice 1.00ct ideal cut diamond within that budget. A little larger if you are willing to sacrifice on color/clarity. Let me know and I'm happy to help.

Old Icerocc

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Icerocc is infamous around these parts Icerocc is infamous around these parts

Re: What can I expect for $5-10K?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-24-13 , 03:27 PM

You can find a nice .5-1 carat diamond in that range.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Is this a good price please by s1nn0n
Up a Topic 1 31 carat Deep Purple Sapphire Marquise posted in FEEDBACK by Michael_E
Older:
Down a Topic Black Diamonds by ilmzomz
Down a Topic TiffanyCo Classic 6 Prong Platinum Engagement Ring sz6 posted in FEEDBACK by yoeshi