Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old pugsly8422

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
pugsly8422 is on a distinguished road

Am I getting a good deal?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-09-12 , 05:18 PM

Hello, this is my first post. I've been searching for a while, and think I've finally found the one, the first one listed. I wanted to hopefully get some expert opinions.

1.53 carat
D color
Excellent/Excellent/Excellent (hearts and arrows) cut
SI1 clarity
Table - 55%
Round
EGL-USA certified
$8300 tax included

1.7 carat
H color
Very good/Very good cut
VS2 clarity
Table - 58%
Round
EGL-Europe certified
$8000 tax included

1.62 carat
H-I color
SI2 clarity
Not certified
$7800+tax

I wish they were GIA certified, but I can't seem to afford any that meet the specifications I want, and are GIA certified. #2 seems to be out of the question because it is EGL-Europe, and I had to basically force the guy to let me take a picture of the certificate. I'm thinking the stone is probably smaller than 1.7, and the color is probably worse than H. #3 isn't certified, but when I saw it in person it was very impressive. I realize it's difficult for anyone to give an opinion without seeing it in person, but I'm hoping to get pointed in the right direction and find out if I'm even getting a decent deal.

Thanks for reading.

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old MachadoandSons

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
MachadoandSons is on a distinguished road

Re: Am I getting a good deal?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-14-12 , 01:22 PM

Hello. #1 seems to be a very nice diamond. However, would you be able to provide the depth% along with any crown and pavillion % or angles? That way, us experts here, can chime in and offer you recommendations. As for #3
I would recommend the seller to have it at least pre-graded by EGL NY to confirm the details. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsly8422
Hello, this is my first post. I've been searching for a while, and think I've finally found the one, the first one listed. I wanted to hopefully get some expert opinions.

1.53 carat
D color
Excellent/Excellent/Excellent (hearts and arrows) cut
SI1 clarity
Table - 55%
Round
EGL-USA certified
$8300 tax included

1.7 carat
H color
Very good/Very good cut
VS2 clarity
Table - 58%
Round
EGL-Europe certified
$8000 tax included

1.62 carat
H-I color
SI2 clarity
Not certified
$7800+tax

I wish they were GIA certified, but I can't seem to afford any that meet the specifications I want, and are GIA certified. #2 seems to be out of the question because it is EGL-Europe, and I had to basically force the guy to let me take a picture of the certificate. I'm thinking the stone is probably smaller than 1.7, and the color is probably worse than H. #3 isn't certified, but when I saw it in person it was very impressive. I realize it's difficult for anyone to give an opinion without seeing it in person, but I'm hoping to get pointed in the right direction and find out if I'm even getting a decent deal.

Thanks for reading.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Anyone Heard Of Canadian Gemological Services by Guncho
Up a Topic what is the correct procedure to sell my personal ring posted in Greet New Members by sparkiekp
Older:
Down a Topic My ring pics by Raech
Down a Topic New Designer in the forum posted in Greet New Members by MachadoandSons