Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Gin is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=14
Referrals: 13

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 04-06-02 , 01:44 PM

How about those belly button rings? They'd be pretty cool with VG's!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old VanGraff

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 101
VanGraff is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=17715, In=5866
Referrals: 35

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 04-06-02 , 02:14 PM

I don't like them!

VanGraff signature
Sincerely

Juan Manuel
Old Bella

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Bella is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 04-06-02 , 02:21 PM

OUCH!

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

MelissaCT,
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 04-06-02 , 02:43 PM

With all those belly baring shirts and clubbing doesn't MelissaCT have her belly button pierced? I thought this was very popular?

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Please input needed!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 04-06-02 , 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Van Graff
I don't like them!

OK. I'm really curious now. Will everybody respond to how you feel about belly button rings (male & female)and if you have one?

OR... if you'd have one if it were classy, like one with VG's.

Or... if all belly button rings are associated with 'trailer trash' so to speak!

Brittany Spears has one.....

I think they're kinda cute. On a cute belly!

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 85
sweet7696 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 04-06-02 , 03:04 PM

I'd get one if I didn't look like I was pregnant!LOL! I've always wanted one, but unfortunately I'm too lazy to get the abs you need for a bellybutton ring...
Jess

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 479
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=244, In=1

I agree with Juan
Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 04-06-02 , 04:29 PM

"trailer trash......Brittany Spears has one...."

enough said!!!!!!

irish

Old cinnamongirl

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
cinnamongirl is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 04-06-02 , 05:48 PM

i am not fond of perms, but people keep getting them. i suppose it is just a matter of taste, and it goes the same for body piercing.

i happen to be a fan of tattoos and body piercing. i feel that you should be able to decorate your body, face, etc, however you like. personally, i have this idea that belly buttons are dirty and a place for infection to become prone if pierced...then again, i have my tongue pierced, so who am i to judge? at least you can rinse your mouth out with antibacterial mouthwash just about everywhere. you just can't clean out your belly button with soap and water any place and any time!

it is my observation that a lot of belly buttons, eyebrows and noses get infected than any other type of piercing.

Old exotik1

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 71
exotik1 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=108, In=0

navel rings
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 04-06-02 , 05:56 PM

um..navel rings aren't trailer trash..once again the west has taken an eastern trend (in this case navel piercing) and claimed it as their own. navel rings glorify a womans child-bearing belly, and enhance both sleek and supple figures. it is when women don't conduct themselves well that they look cheap, not what they wear. I'm sick of ignorant people knocking global influences without trying to understand their origins.

Old GIA

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 83
GIA is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 04-06-02 , 05:58 PM

Personally I'm not into any form of body piercing besides ears It doesn't mean I think it's "wrong", just "not me."

GIA signature
Old missyricker

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
missyricker is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 04-06-02 , 06:07 PM

I don't care for face pierceing, but I did the belly pierceing. It was the craziest thing I have ever done, It was the big "30" birthday present to myself. I figure after having three kids and I can still get a away with it--what the h-ll. But that is as far as I go........ I will take it out some day but for now....I get alot of compliments on it

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 04-06-02 , 06:20 PM

I like piercings & tattoos..I'd love to have my nose and bellybutton done, but I seriously doubt my dad would find it amusing. I also want a couple of tattoos, but I'm chicken!! I don't think they are trashy at all. Exotic1 is right. It's the way you act that makes you trashy... and I don't like perms too much either, Cinnamon girl. LOL
Jess
*edited because I can't spell*

[Edited by sweet7696 on 04-06-02 at 05:21 PM]

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 479
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=244, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 04-06-02 , 06:36 PM

Opinions were asked for and I gave mine. I find it odd, the need to label me ignorant when I just put 2 references from someone else's post and added my own comment.

I found it funny that trailer trash and Brittney Spears were mentioned together and I chose to point that out. It was a joke. Lighten up people.

irish

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 202
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 04-06-02 , 06:42 PM

>>i happen to be a fan of tattoos and body piercing. i feel that you should be able to decorate your body, face, etc, however you like. personally, <<

Agreed! However, be advised that tatooed, pierced, or branded people are not a protected class such as handicapped, veterans, people of color, etc. IOW, an employer CAN refuse to hire you based on tattos or piercings. I could be told to keep my forearms covered since there are 2 squirrels, 2 chipmunks, 3 peanuts, and a feeding frenzy going on in ink. They probably WOULD tell me to do that if they were offensive, showing nudity, racial hatred (Swastika e.g.) So yes, we should be able to decorate our bodies, but there can be drawbacks. If someone does not like tattoos, thinks they are the height of douchedom, or a waste of money, or whatever, fine. They don't have to get them, but I believe I should have the right to.

I don't care for piercings but it's your right to do so. Personally, I don't find piercings artistic and I do not undertand the attraction of having rings in your nose, lip, or eyebrow, sometimes connected by metal chains.

But people should have the right to do it if they are willing to accept the risks of being ostrich sized.

The Rodentman

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 04-06-02 , 06:48 PM

BS (Britney Spears) is not trailer trash. In fact, she's extremely bright. Look, she burst onto "the scene" at age 16(?) was most carefully and specifically molded to hit a target market, was made up, dressed up, and marketed and became a success without any particular artistic talent. She was manufactured. She will make a huge amount of money and then fade. Her agent is a genius.

The Rodentman

rodentman signature
Old emnightingale

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
emnightingale is on a distinguished road

I have my naval pierced and I think it's cute.
Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 04-06-02 , 07:05 PM

I don't think it's "trailer trash" at all. It's simply a form of body decoration like any other. I've had it pierced for over three years, and while it was infected for the beginning part of that time, I usually forget I have it pierced now - it doesn't hurt a bit and never gets infected. I wash it in the shower but otherwise don't bother with it much.

I'm going to post some not-too-obscene pictures. Be gentle - Em hasn't done enough crunches lately and yes - there is some hair on my tummy like everyone else.

Em

And the old ring:

[Edited by emnightingale on 04-06-02 at 06:14 PM]

Old 210diamond

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
210diamond is an unknown quantity at this point
Hits: Out=812, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 04-06-02 , 07:06 PM

Love them....of course not on me!
Just sold one several weeks ago, platinum with a Exact square Radiant Diamond, about a E-VS.....just under $6000.00 . I think that is out of the white trash area. Could not take a photo as it was a rush and my camera would not work.

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Em
Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 04-06-02 , 07:07 PM

You have a little waist!!
Jess

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 04-06-02 , 07:18 PM

I was a little wasted once.

The Rodentman

rodentman signature
Old Kabuki

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 75
Kabuki is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 04-06-02 , 07:52 PM

Maybe I am an old fuddy-duddy, but I do equate navel rings and body piercings (with the exception of one hole per ear on women only) as passe kid stuff. The trend is over. It seems that a lot of people are letting their miscellaneous piercings heal or getting their tattoos removed. I am all for fun trends in clothing, but not things that cause permanent damage to your body.

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 04-06-02 , 08:03 PM

Different strokes...

I got my first tattoo in 1978 when I was 28 years old. Since then I have accumulated the 24 you have heard about a few photos of which I have posted on DT. I am now 52 and considering the next one, a firescope image of an EightStar. I do not consider these "passe kid stuff" and have no intention of having them removed. I would not give up my tats if removal were free, painless, and scar free. Well I would have one removed and improved, but that won't happen.

The key here is that what is right for *me* aint right for *you* and that's how it should be. I don't think the trend is over. In the "old days" only outlaws, bikers, and outlaw bikers had tattoos. Now, athletes, professionals, etc are getting them.

I have a dream this afternoon. That someday people will be judged by the content of their character not the color of the ink under their skin, I have a dream!

The Rodentman

rodentman signature
Old pebblepuppy

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
pebblepuppy is on a distinguished road

I want to be a Plastic Surgeon
Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 04-06-02 , 08:13 PM

I am seriously considering going into medicine and be a plastics guy. In ten years when everyones clammoring to get their tats removed, it'll be the profession to be in. One lil tidbit I ran across, Alexandrites are used in tattoo removal.
A friend of mine had an eye-brow pierced & developed redness and swelling, hid it from her parents because she wasn't supposed to get it done. The infection went behind the orbit and she nearly lost her eye.

Old siloxane

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 74
siloxane is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 04-06-02 , 08:23 PM

I heard that belly piercings were used to make belly dancing more erotic. Aparently, there was a chain hooked to the ring with the other end clipped elsewhere. Hence, as the belly moved, pleasure derrived.

However, I also have heard that the idea of navel piercings on belly dancers was made in Hollywood. Made characters in movies appear more exotic.

Old emnightingale

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
emnightingale is on a distinguished road

I'm with RM...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 04-06-02 , 08:24 PM

Different strokes for different folks. While I do have my navel pierced (I also have one hole in my right ear and two in my left) I doubt I would get a tattoo - logic being when the navel ring gets old I'll just take it out and let it heal up. It healed the first time I had it done and the scarring was minimal. Still, I really like tattoos on other people. My mother and brother each have two and really like them.

People are going to find horror stories like pebblepuppy's for anything they don't really like. In high school my friend's dad launched on a tirade about ear-piercing and how many people have their earrings ripped out of their ears. You hear all sorts of things about tattoos stretching, fading, or being outgrown. Tongue piercings carry a lot of risks too - loss of sensation, infection, dental damage, choking, etc... But one can't forget that there are many people out there who have altered their bodies for one reason or another with these very same devices and are very pleased with the results.

Em

[Edited by emnightingale on 04-06-02 at 07:28 PM]

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 04-06-02 , 08:44 PM

The vast majority of tattoo removals are of gang related or home done tattoos with india ink and a needle. Tattooed people who have had bad tattoo work done or want a change usually have the piece reworked (IOW a cover-up job.) Laser removal is very costly and insurance will not pay for it, as far as I know. People opt for cover-ups, creating a new design over an old one. Results are usually pleasing.

"Everyone" will not be lining up to get their tattoos removed. I know I won't.

The Rodentman

rodentman signature
Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Websites of antique reproduction pave engagement ring settings by moxee
Up a Topic Websites of antique reproduction pave engagement ring settings posted in DIAMONDS by moxee
Older:
Down a Topic Need some advice on 2 diamonds by yeew
Down a Topic Need some advice on 2 diamonds posted in DIAMONDS by yeew