Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old 210diamond

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
210diamond is an unknown quantity at this point
Hits: Out=812, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 04-03-02 , 08:48 PM

Platinum S+1(TM) was developed in 1998 by Kretchmer as a harder, low melting point platinum mix. The first hard mixes were done as early as 1988 but never by a "designer" with a marketing system to sell the metal. It is much harder than 950 plat with Irid. They do not release the exact mix but most have an alloy, Gallium in them. This seems to reduce the melt point of platinum from 1773C to the 1550 C range. That means it must be soldered if sized or repaired, not welded like Irid or Ru mixes.I have a slight problem with that but guess I just have to get over it.
PT/IR 950 is a 80 HV ( on the softer side)
Platinum S+1 is 135-145 HV
Platinum S+2 is 170-200 HV
Plat-Ru 950 is 125-135
It can get harder if treated.
I have not used one as I do not wear any rings. Another designer I met said his ring was several months old and it looked in very good condition. I have not sold many with the mix but no one was unhappy. It may be awhile before I offer it with my regular line as the price is way up at this time. Only one supplier is allowed to sell it and they get at least $75.00 per ounce over what I pay for 900 or 950ru mix. Long list of metal hardness at my website.
http://www.diamondsunlimited.com /...ormatio n.html

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 202
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 04-03-02 , 08:53 PM

Thank you very much. I knew who you were by your user name. I have perused your site with great interest in several rings. I just need to make up my alleged mind. I really like the wide, thick, heavy rings, and in a size 12 they pretty much all run over 1K so it's not a tirvial decision.

I appreciate the info. I fear that with the Mideast crisis and increase in oil prices, that we will continue to see increases in precious metal costs. Guess you already know that.......

Thanks again.

The Rodentman

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Old MICKIRaTT

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 71
MICKIRaTT is on a distinguished road

Great Stuff!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 04-04-02 , 10:18 AM

I couldn't agree more! Like I have mentioned on another thread, this guy has great stuff. I too have e-mailed and spoken to this vendor and I am very impressed with his knowledge, expertise, and customer service. I haven't purchased from diamondsunlimited.com yet due to economic conditions, but I am confident that I will in the near future. I recommend to anyone looking for a great deal in designer platinum to check him out!

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic bellataire diamond by susanpdavis
Up a Topic bellataire diamond posted in DIAMONDS by susanpdavis
Older:
Down a Topic Channel Setting by misterk
Down a Topic Appraisal posted in Appraisal & Insurance by redpippi