Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Karma
Power: 82
Jaxie is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-31-02 , 07:58 PM

Here are the best pics yet! And to clear up something that was said to my earlier most, I was not looking for a tension setting for my ring, I was looking for one for a diamond I purchased for my fiance. I was hurt by that person's comment and I didn't find it funny. But for those of you who actually wanted to see pics of my ring, I promise these are the last ones!! I am camera happy, LOL. Sorry, I can't help it. Now please post some pics of your rings! I want to see!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Last One, promise :)
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-31-02 , 07:59 PM

Last One!!

Old marriahlyn

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 81
marriahlyn is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-31-02 , 08:27 PM

I didn't understand the comment that was made to you either. I too have chosen many different settings and asked lots of questions. I plan on getting most of them with VG's but was perturbed by that comment.

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

marriahlyn
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-31-02 , 08:38 PM

I am Jacqueline, the girl. I bought my fiance, Joe a diamond for an engagement present because he loved the one he gave me so much. So I have been asking questions on here, trying to find out what options we have for setting it.

I was asking about tension settings for Joe, and unfortunately, it started a bit of an argument. Anyways, that was why someone posted that lmao comment about my last posting of pics, because they were not reading my posts correctly and assumed I was looking for a tension setting for my (the girl) ring.

Unfortunately some people can be rude and not realize their comments can hurt people. I apologize for the confusion, as I realize some people might not have understood that I was looking for a guy's tension setting, but really that comment was uncalled for.

I just wanted to clear things up so people did not assume I was making a big deal about finding a tension setting and then not even buying one.

The pics are of my E-ring, which was purchased a few months ago and thus, I did not need suggestions on tension settings for an e-ring but for a .20 diamond I purchased for my guy. I thought I had been clear, but I guess not.

Anyways, thanks for your kind post. If you have any pics of your rings, please post them! I am most interested in seeing other people's beautiful rings.

Old GIA

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 84
GIA is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 03-31-02 , 08:43 PM

Jaxie,
Thanks for the beautiful pics Hey, what does lmao mean? I'm sorry if you got your feelings hurt, some people on DT can sometimes be mean and catty, I've seen it more times than I wanted to. Anyway, I knew you were looking for a tension setting for your fiance and that you were posting a pic of YOUR ring. I'm glad you stuck around

[Edited by GIA on 03-31-02 at 07:44 PM]

GIA signature
Old Ling

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 75
Ling is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 03-31-02 , 08:48 PM

Jaxie,

Great pic of a lovely ring

I can't wait till I get my ring and post a few pics (although I must admit, my photo taking skills are a bit lacking)

Hope you have more success in finding a suitable setting for Joe's diamond. I think that David is set on a tension setting and we just have to figure out where we can get one made.

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

LMAO
Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 03-31-02 , 08:50 PM

GIA,
LMAO means Laughing My A** Off.

Sorry, it is rude, I know, but you wanted to know.

Thanks for your kind posts, you are one of the reasons, I still post. Many Thanks!

Happy Easter!

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Ling
Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 03-31-02 , 08:53 PM

If you find someone to build you a tension setting, please let me know! I want to get one for Joe, but unfortunately, I don't have the 2,000 to spend on it and he won't let me anyways. He wouldn't let me spend 800 on a different idea (I wanted to ) but he said no, it was too much.

Good Luck Ling! I can't wait to see your ring. What kind of diamond do you have?

Joe is the one with the picture talent, my pics look really bad

Old Ling

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 75
Ling is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 03-31-02 , 09:00 PM

Was the 800 the quote for the rattle ring? I thought that was a great idea. We were contemplating something like that too but were'nt sure as to how to go about it.

We were thinking of something similar to the rings below, but it would be a simple band which opens with the message and a little 'hole' for the stone.

I got a 0.77 F vs1 Superbcert, which was much bigger than I expected It's so lovely and sparkly... I miss it so much lol

Old Aimee S

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 77
Aimee S is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 03-31-02 , 09:14 PM

Jaxie,

I spend a lot of time lurking rather than posting here at DT's very informative site. You have a very lovely ring. I reread the previous thread to see what you were referring to, and I interpreted the remark as a lighthearted kind of thing; you made the impression that you really, REALLY wanted a tension ring, and I think the poster was just chuckling that it appeared that you had fallen in love with an entirely different kind of setting. When my husband and I were searching for my e-ring upgrade, I must have changed my mind a billion times! Don't take the post too harshly, in my opinion, it was not meant in a mean-spirited sort of way.

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Thanks, but..
Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 03-31-02 , 09:37 PM

I never wanted a tension setting, thats just the thing. The tension setting was for an entirely different purpose. I am having trouble relaying that idea it appears, and I apologize, but that comment was kinda of upseting especially because the person that made it didn't even understand why I wanted a tension setting idea, it wasn't for my E-ring, but for my boyfriend, therefore, they had no reason to laugh at my E-ring because it wasn't a tension setting. I never wanted a tension setting for my E-ring, my boyfriend wanted one for his tiny diamond I bought him.

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Thank You
Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 03-31-02 , 10:14 PM

For the reply. I was a little hurt, but mostly because I have been getting a few nasty replys to my pleas for help in finding what I need.

I thank you for offering to open an account, the problem lies in the fact that I am only a student, and I don't have the $2,000 to spend on the brand name tension setting. I was posting to find some help, to see if any designers out there might be able to suggest something cheaper or to make the ring for less. (Many Many Many other DTers ask this same thing daily) and I was frustrated to be getting little help and a few mean comments at that.

I understand now that you were not trying to be mean, but in retrospec, I hope you can see why I might have taken it that way. I try very hard not to be mean in my comments to other people, and I was only hoping for the same respect.

I apologize for making it seem you were being mean, but thats the way I took it. I am sure you are a great designer/jeweler, and if I ever get the money together, I would be glad to contact you for your suggestions.

Again, I apologize for any trouble I may have caused.

Thanks for the praise of my ring, my fiance will be glad to know everyone approves, LOL his pics come out so much better than mine. I just wish I could give him something as nice, but unfortunately it appears I haven't the means right now.
At least he has his diamond

Old marriahlyn

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 81
marriahlyn is on a distinguished road

Contact Juan
Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 03-31-02 , 10:20 PM

He is making me a tension setting. I am getting one first for my right hand and if he likes it, we will have one as his wedding band. Juan is making me something similar to this. I posted a reply to your other thread asking about tension settings. I'm doing the half bezel on my ring.

Juan should have mine done in a couple weeks and I'll post pics (or he will) as soon as it's done.

Old MelissaCT

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 89
MelissaCT is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 03-31-02 , 10:59 PM

Jaxie,

Your ring is gorgeous!
Can you post pics without the flash though?

MelissaCT signature
M E L

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

MelissaCT
Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 03-31-02 , 11:03 PM

Non-flash pics will come later tonight, when my fiance gets home from work, I am not the camera wizard, my pics come out all blurry. I will get him to take more pics without the flash when he gets home, he likes taking pics of it,

Thanks! I think its pretty too.

Old christie

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 78
christie is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 04-01-02 , 12:22 AM

Your ring is beautiful! I love contour mountings. Just curious, what is your ring size?

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Ring Size
Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 04-01-02 , 12:25 AM

Right now it is a size 4. But it's still alittle big sometimes, so I have to wear a ring snuggie with it (clear plastic tube that fits around the shank to make the ring snugger) I am afraid to get it sized down and then have it too tight on some days. Because sometimes it fits perfectly and somedays it twist around alot. Wierd, I know.

Old Aimee S

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 77
Aimee S is on a distinguished road

Jaxie
Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 04-01-02 , 12:42 AM

I'm having the same problem with my ring; sometimes it fits perfectly and other times it drives me NUTS by spinning to the side. Where did you find the ring snuggies for your ring?

Old christie

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 78
christie is on a distinguished road

ring snuggies
Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 04-01-02 , 12:58 AM

I've seen them at Wal-Mart.

Old Jaxie

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Ring Snuggies
Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 04-01-02 , 01:23 AM

Wow, never thought of Walmart, but I get mine at Claire's, those junky teenage costume jewelry places. They have alot of fix your jewelry to fit, lost the back of an earring junk. They work great, easily applied and removed, plus you can cut them to make the perfect size! Good Luck!

Old Fliz

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 76
Fliz is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 04-01-02 , 10:52 AM

Jaxie, I just wanted to tell you that your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I'm a big fan of diamonds of that size (read in another thread), and I just love the setting. Very classy! Congratulations on finally getting your dream-ring after your misadventures with Zales.
I hope everything turns out for you in your hunt for a tension setting for your FI.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic HOW do you observe COLOR by sam02
Up a Topic Van Graff Custom Ring posted in JEWELRY by Tatertott
Older:
Down a Topic LONG SUPERIDEALS SIDE BY SIDE ACA SuperbCert 8star by Cupid
Down a Topic What s this setting called posted in JEWELRY by Shopsalott