Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old warmuster

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 76
warmuster is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-06-02 , 12:08 PM

HI all,
I am curious to know what kind of wedding ring many of you have chosen to go with solitare e-rings. Mine is 1.58 and set in a 6 prong plat style and is about 2mm wide.
I am leaning towards a diamond band but am having trouble finding styles that look nice. Any advice or pics??????
I also like the idea of a thin plat band AND a diamond one so I have three rings instead of two to be a bit different but i know the solitare is classic and some rings may look off
what is everyone's fave look for a solitare?

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old emnightingale

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
emnightingale is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-06-02 , 01:12 PM

My favorite is a simple solitaire with a plain metal band.

But anniversary bands look nice too.

Old Jan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 272
Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=16842, In=5945
Referrals: 24

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-06-02 , 01:28 PM

One that might look really nice would be a skinny pave style band such as this one.

Jan signature
For those that want to know the TRUTH about diamonds, just ask

Diamond Brokers of Florida
Old Jan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-06-02 , 01:30 PM

Sorry wrong one, I meant this one.

Jan signature

Old warmuster

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 03-06-02 , 01:31 PM

Wow Jan that ring is lovely!
I really want something that is nice without the e-ring and that would certainly do it.. I had not considered pave but its becoming a fast fave

Old GIA

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 83
GIA is on a distinguished road

Past, Present, Future and Eternity...:)
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 03-06-02 , 01:36 PM

My vote is for eternity bands (diamonds all around). My wedding band is an eternity ring and I couldn't be happier

It looks great with my three stone ring, so I'm sure it will work well with a solitaire, just depends on the type of solitaire setting I guess.

GIA signature
Old addicted

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 73
addicted is on a distinguished road

GIA
Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 03-06-02 , 01:42 PM

do you have a pic of your 3-stone and eternity bands together? i'm newer to the board so you may have posted them before. i'd love to see them.

Old Tamar

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 71
Tamar is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 03-06-02 , 01:46 PM

I have a solitaire in the identical setting/size (diamond is smaller though) and I wear it with a plain platinum band currently (this was a request from our rabbi, it's an old Jewish custom).

I love the pave ring that was posted. Also - there was a thread posted yesterday about eternity bands with lots of pictures. I like the rounded bands with diamonds kind of scattered around. I'll upgrade to one of these styles eventually.

Old GIA

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 03-06-02 , 01:49 PM

Hi addicted,

Welcome to Diamond Talk!

Thanks for asking, but I don't have pics of my rings. I don't have a digital camera I basically have a three stone all RB diamonds on a platinum band. My center stone is a Round Brilliant diamond 1.02 and the sides stones are .20 each (also diamonds). I prefer the look of three stone rings when the center stone is considerably larger, not all three being the same size. My eternity ring is also round brilliants bar set in platinum.

Funny thing about eternity rings, you may like a certain setting, but you actually have to try them on to see which best fits your hand and in my case my e-ring.

What kind of rings do you have?

GIA signature
Old addicted

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 73
addicted is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 03-06-02 , 02:05 PM

i dont have pics of my ring either. i wear a 5 stone 1ctw channel set band. i only wear one ring. i looked for a pic online, since it's such a simple ring, but strangely i cant find one...weird, huh.

warmuster--it'd be great to have a diamond band on each side of the solitaire...

Old warmuster

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 03-06-02 , 02:22 PM

Addicted,
I agree! I am drawn to the three ring look. I just emailed my Fiance and he has agreed to go look for pave bands in person and see them on my hand with a plain band and our e-ring. Yah!!!
My center stone is a treasured family stone so he is going to get a nice quality dia band for me and that is why this is so impt. I chose the setting but not my dia and all that so choosing the band(s) means a lot to us. If I had 2 rings I could wear them together and have a lovely set from him and then add the solitare at will. The pave and or eternity styles seem so feminine to me and so classic i think it would 'soften' the solitarie look
everyone's rings sound so wonderful!

Old Jan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 03-06-02 , 02:41 PM

Here's a picture of a bar setting eternity ring we did a while back for GIA.

BTW the picture is for GIA, the ring was not for GIA.

Warmuster, let us know which style you decide to go with.

[Edited by Jan on 03-06-02 at 01:42 PM]

Jan signature

Old GIA

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Jan
Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 03-06-02 , 04:05 PM

That's my wedding band! I really liked the boundless design at first but when I tried it on with my e-ring, I found that the bar set looked best.

I picked the worst name for this forum huh? I didn't realize I'd be sticking around so long, I just had a quick question and had my GIA grading report in front of me! Not very original, I know.

GIA signature
Old GIA

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 03-06-02 , 04:11 PM

By the way, when you are wearing that ring, you don't even see the bars, it looks like you just have a ring full of diamonds - with no metal.

GIA signature
Old warmuster

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 03-06-02 , 04:19 PM

I love the pics and opinions!
I am going to try on several styles, I was thinking of going to fortunoff (not to buy just try on) the dvatche line of paves and some others to see it with my e-ring
I can't wait!!!

Old kimberly

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
kimberly is on a distinguished road
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 03-06-02 , 04:29 PM

The bar set eternity band is identical to the one I originally got "way back when" and the very same one that no longer fits (due to my knuckle). I suggest that anyone who is thinking of an eternity band, takes into consideration the problems that may arise when the band becomes too tight.
Warmuster, go to Fortunoff's with an eye towards buying. I very recently priced a ring (with exact specifications) and Fortunoff's was able to give me a quote several thousands of dollars under what I was quoted by several online dealers. I have not made my purchase yet but keep this in mind when you are shopping.

Old GIA

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 03-06-02 , 04:56 PM

Kimberly,

I don't know about channel set eternity bands, but bar set eternity bands is definitely one of those that CAN be resized. I know this for a fact for many reasons, one, because I know someone who has one and her jeweler just resized it for her after she had a baby (her fingers stayed bigger).

Also, both my jeweler and the place that I bought mine from told me that when my time comes and "if" I need mine re-sized they can re-size mine for me quite easily.

I have heard from DT that there are many jewelers out there who claim that eternity rings cannot be resized, but there are also plenty of those who claim that they can and will do it. I've talked to a quite a few jewelers in my area, (and believe me, that's A LOT since I frequent the Gift Center / Jewelry Mart quite regularly) and they all say they can be resize it for me anytime.

According to one jeweler in particular "a good jeweler can do anything you want him to"

GIA signature
Old icequeen

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 77
icequeen is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 03-06-02 , 05:03 PM

I have a solitaire e-ring, and was convinced I wanted a diamond eternity band. I tried several on and they didn't seem to look right with a simple solitaire. To my eye of course. I went with a partial diamond eternity band -- seven 5 pts stone around the top. I much preferred that. I also like the three stone look for a wedding band too, but the reason why I didn't go down that route was because I wanted to have the option of adding two side stones to my solitaire to make a three-stone ring for our five-year anniversary.

In another thread about diamond eternity bands, I think GIA posted some pretty eternity rings. My favorite was the bezel set. So purdy.

[Edited by icequeen on 03-06-02 at 04:04 PM]

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 168
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 03-06-02 , 05:24 PM

My favorite look: an anniversary or eternity band next to the e-ring.
I wear a beautiful 6 stone .75tw anniversary band made by Kwiat.

Old PX

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
PX is on a distinguished road

GIA --->>
Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 03-06-02 , 07:30 PM

You could always take a conventional pic of your ring and have it developed with a CD. You could then have digital images to share!

You could also just bring in any conventional pics you have to Kinkos or simiar stores and have them scan the image for you...

.Px.

Old GIA

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 03-06-02 , 08:21 PM

Thanks PX! Next time I have a camera loaded with film I'll take some pictures

GIA signature
Old abunnybabe

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 75
abunnybabe has a spectacular aura about abunnybabe has a spectacular aura about abunnybabe has a spectacular aura about

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 03-06-02 , 09:43 PM

I too had a hard time finding a wedding band that was flat enough to go with a 6 prong knife-edge solitaire. Here is my wedding ring, it has diamonds half way around. It lays perfectly flat against my E-ring. I wear it with a simple platinum solitaire of just over 1 carat, D color. It looks smashing together.

Old abunnybabe

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 75
abunnybabe has a spectacular aura about abunnybabe has a spectacular aura about abunnybabe has a spectacular aura about

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 03-06-02 , 09:44 PM

I too had a hard time finding a wedding band that was flat enough to go with a 6 prong knife-edge solitaire. Here is my wedding ring, it has diamonds half way around. It lays perfectly flat against my E-ring. I wear it with a simple platinum solitaire of just over 1 carat, D color. It looks smashing together.

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 168
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 03-06-02 , 10:03 PM

abunnybabe--beautiful ring! I like milgrain.

Old kimberly

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
kimberly is on a distinguished road
Referrals: 1

old custom
Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 03-06-02 , 10:41 PM

Tamar, what is the custom to which you refer? Sounds interesting!

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Different Idea for engagement ring by snowrs
Up a Topic Different Idea for engagement ring posted in DIAMONDS by snowrs
Older:
Down a Topic ideals and HA in same ring by addicted
Down a Topic ideals and HA in same ring posted in DIAMONDS by addicted