Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old icallyou604

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
icallyou604 is on a distinguished road

best place to sell your ring in vancouver area?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 02-24-11 , 09:05 PM

Hi, Im trying to sell my 1yr old diamond engagement ring(pretty much brand new,been in box whole time).Beside Craiglist, Im hoping to sell local if possible.Anybody have any experiences selling these at jewelery stores?
I walked into a few pawn shop and a jewelery store.They're offer me prices around $700 to $1200 for my ring.I brought my ring for $5700 last year.Im trying to sell it for around $3k-3.5k range.
Im gonna go down to vancouvergold.ca store to see their offers.
Any recommendation appreciated.Also looking for a jewelery store that can try and help sell my ring for a commission(10%-20%.
If i try to sell on this site internationally, how does one go dealing with the taxes and duties etc?
Thanks!

Last edited by icallyou604 : 02-24-11 at 09:09 PM.
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old sellmydiamonds

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
sellmydiamonds is on a distinguished road

Re: best place to sell your ring in vancouver area?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 02-14-12 , 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallyou604
Hi, Im trying to sell my 1yr old diamond engagement ring(pretty much brand new,been in box whole time).Beside Craiglist, Im hoping to sell local if possible.Anybody have any experiences selling these at jewelery stores?
I walked into a few pawn shop and a jewelery store.They're offer me prices around $700 to $1200 for my ring.I brought my ring for $5700 last year.Im trying to sell it for around $3k-3.5k range.
Im gonna go down to vancouvergold.ca store to see their offers.
Any recommendation appreciated.Also looking for a jewelery store that can try and help sell my ring for a commission(10%-20%.
If i try to sell on this site internationally, how does one go dealing with the taxes and duties etc?
Thanks!

Firstly, stay away from craigslist, there is no amount of money that is worth your personal safety. Craigslist has a history of scam artists, criminals and others that can be worse. Jewelry stores are an option (on consignment) but it may take years before anyone buys it. without knowing what you have, I can't comment of amount but if you go to the site sellmydiamonds.ca (local Vancouver buyer), we can set up a secure location appointment to assess your diamond ring and possibly make you an offer. You must remember that you probably purchased your ring at a retail location which means you paid retail prices while all of the sites/companies who buy diamond rings from the public, will only offer wholesale value. Whatever you do, much success.

sellmydiamonds.ca team

Read Messages in: Canada All forums
Newer:
This is the first topic
Up a Topic 35CT BLUE DIAMOND 24PCS WHITE DIAMONDS W 14K SOLID YELLOW GOLD posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by silverado991
Older:
Down a Topic Salary for diamond grader G G in Toronto by BonBon
Down a Topic Confused about mounts posted in Jewelry Design by Muscus