Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old fixatedkitty

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Anklet

My Karma
Power: 0
fixatedkitty is on a distinguished road

Just Wondering
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 08-23-10 , 02:41 PM

I'm no stranger to the gemstone world, however I've recently decided to sell my collection and was wondering what on earth some of the stones are. I bought most of my gemstones in bulk, nice stones but have no clue what they are. I believe I have at least 200 carats worth of loose gemstones. I know I have 1 ametrine, a lot of peridot, some really deep red/maroon stones, 1 tanzanite, some citrine, and what I believe is labradorite. But there are some other stones in the collection that I couldn't begin to guess what they are. So, if anyone knows how to get them looked at and identified without spending an arm and a leg, please help!!

Gemstone Search:

Budget:  

Old uniquesapphires

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 47
uniquesapphires has much to be proud of uniquesapphires has much to be proud of uniquesapphires has much to be proud of uniquesapphires has much to be proud of uniquesapphires has much to be proud of uniquesapphires has much to be proud of uniquesapphires has much to be proud of uniquesapphires has much to be proud of

Re: Just Wondering
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 08-23-10 , 06:58 PM

How about some pictures, descriptions or old reciepts.

Old fixatedkitty

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 08-24-10 , 04:50 AM

Because they came in a parcel, the receipt(if I can find it lol) will only state the carat weight of the parcel. There are a lot of stones and a description of each would be a novel long lol. Pictures I can probably post up tomorrow when I can catch them in natural light.

I have all different colours, cuts, and sizes. Some look like yellow sapphires, some are just clear stones(not diamonds but not CZs) that I really can't tell apart. Its rather disappointing that the parcel didn't come with identification for all the stones...

I have my guesses as to what a lot of them are...but some are hard to figure out. Like the dark "dirty" pink round cut stone I have...it looks like it could be rubellite tourmaline, but then again I can't be sure. But I'll get some pics up tomorrow as best I can. It's a rather large collection so lots of photos in order lol Thank you!!!!

Old angellee

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cricket

My Karma
angellee is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-13-10 , 01:12 PM

Do one thing take snapshot of them and then post at the forum through that i can get an idea that how much time they old. You can search on the internet for the same images and you can also ask to a expert who has much experience in Gemstone.

Old fixatedkitty

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 11-08-10 , 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellee
Do one thing take snapshot of them and then post at the forum through that i can get an idea that how much time they old. You can search on the internet for the same images and you can also ask to a expert who has much experience in Gemstone.

Thank you, I just so happen to have a snapshot of a little of the collection as well as a few up close of a few of the amethyst....

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...ah/P1010002.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...ah/P1010004.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...ah/P1010003.jpg

Those are the few pictures I have....

Old PrimeStyleCom

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
PrimeStyleCom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 01-31-12 , 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixatedkitty
Thank you, I just so happen to have a snapshot of a little of the collection as well as a few up close of a few of the amethyst....

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...ah/P1010002.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...ah/P1010004.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...ah/P1010003.jpg

Those are the few pictures I have....

From a glace I saw aquamarine, citrine, amethyst, toumalines, and blue topaz. If you have paperwork for the stones, I would suggest taking just a few to a local jeweler to get his opinion on them. Also ask him if he knows of any estate sales coming up that you would be able to participate in.

Read Messages in: GEMSTONES All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Looking for an Alexandrite can anyone tell me a good dealer by StonesRock07
Up a Topic Beautiful Tiffany Co Diamond Ring 1 28 carats posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by dmarie
Older:
Down a Topic Looking to buy a Sapphire and could use some opinions by ksharp4
Down a Topic Resized Platinum Engagement Ring Is this off posted in JEWELRY by MsPTC