Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Jill67

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Marc Williams RHR

My Karma
Power: 79
Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of

Full circle - literally
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 02-11-10 , 11:26 AM

It's funny how things come full circle. In my case, it's my wedding band. Here's a timeline:

1985-2005, wore a 4mm plain milgrain yg band, the original.
2005 - put it away for a new thinner band to match a new solitiare (didn't know we could have melted it down, or I would have!)
2007 - learning that melting is OK, had the original melted down to a thinner band, but often wore both wedding bands stacked with solitaire because each was worn during special times - my wedding, cuddling with my little ones to caring for my babies/little kids, holding my sister-in-law's hand while she was in hospice. These are just a few dear memories over almost 25 years.

So I'm very happy to have finally decided to have both meaningful bands made into one round shiny plain 4mm band. I have long admired this simple solid look on other women. And though it doesn't match my solitiare's width, I really like how they look together. And best of all, it holds its own if I want to wear it alone, like in winter under gloves, or even if I forget to put my ER (really 23rd anniv ring) on when I get out of bed. I've been thinking of wearing my ER just on Sundays to church and for special occasions. I remember dh's one grandmother did that, and it seemed so special. (Not sure about that though, as I sure love my sparkly!)

Here are pics of the model it's being made after. DH is going to present it to me for our upcoming 25th anniversary. It's costing $200 to do it, because my jeweler is doing the lost wax method. I can't wait to wear it!!!

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of

Re: Full circle - literally
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 02-11-10 , 11:29 AM

Ummmm... I clicked "Preview Post" and it just went on the board. Here are the pics...

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Attached Images
2010 9-1 008rs2.jpg 2010 9-1 002rs.jpg 2010 9-1 010rs.jpg 2010 9-1 004rs.jpg

Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 02-11-10 , 11:31 AM

I should have cleaned my diamond. It's an E SI1, but was soapy - oops...

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Old lcom

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Vintage Girard Perregaux

My Karma
Power: 68
lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future lcom has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 02-11-10 , 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill67
It's funny how things come full circle. In my case, it's my wedding band. Here's a timeline:

1985-2005, wore a 4mm plain milgrain yg band, the original.
2005 - put it away for a new thinner band to match a new solitiare (didn't know we could have melted it down, or I would have!)
2007 - learning that melting is OK, had the original melted down to a thinner band, but often wore both wedding bands stacked with solitaire because each was worn during special times - my wedding, cuddling with my little ones to caring for my babies/little kids, holding my sister-in-law's hand while she was in hospice. These are just a few dear memories over almost 25 years.

So I'm very happy to have finally decided to have both meaningful bands made into one round shiny plain 4mm band. I have long admired this simple solid look on other women. And though it doesn't match my solitiare's width, I really like how they look together. And best of all, it holds its own if I want to wear it alone, like in winter under gloves, or even if I forget to put my ER (really 23rd anniv ring) on when I get out of bed. I've been thinking of wearing my ER just on Sundays to church and for special occasions. I remember dh's one grandmother did that, and it seemed so special. (Not sure about that though, as I sure love my sparkly!)

Here are pics of the model it's being made after. DH is going to present it to me for our upcoming 25th anniversary. It's costing $200 to do it, because my jeweler is doing the lost wax method. I can't wait to wear it!!!

What a pretty classic style! I think they look good together. So nice to have the original gold, congratulations!

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 480
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=254, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 02-11-10 , 11:57 PM

it looks very nice together with your e-ring. Wear them in happiness and health.
Irish

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 474
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 02-17-10 , 11:58 AM

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!!

I think the new band will look beautiful & tasteful (with or without your engagement ring).

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old Elegy

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Elegy is just really nice Elegy is just really nice Elegy is just really nice Elegy is just really nice Elegy is just really nice

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 02-17-10 , 10:48 PM

What a beautiful set, and such a lovely story!

They look perfect together.

Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 04-24-10 , 12:37 PM

OK, I finally have the finished ring. Also, I had my jeweler put my .88 rb (E SI1) into an older Littman solitaire that I had. It's heavier and I thought it looked better with the wider wedding band. Also, it really makes my diamond pop. I've gotten more compliments on my "sparkly" ring when wearing it... I also like that dh picked this e-ring setting out in Dec 2004. I shoulda stayed with it all along. I do love the swoopy slender solitaire, but not on my large-ish hands. I'll probably give it to one of my daughters, as they both love it.

I also threw in an "arrow shot"

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Attached Images
2010 4-24 018.2.cr.rs2.jpg 2010 4-24 018cr.rs2.jpg 2010 4-24 006cr.rs.jpg 2010 4-24 033rs.jpg 2010 4-24 002cr.rs.jpg

Read Messages in: JEWELRY All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Lucky Jewel by BeadMe
Up a Topic Artificial Diamond Manufacturing posted in Greet New Members by BrijMohan
Older:
Down a Topic Below 350 by BeadMe
Down a Topic Hello Newbie Just Joined posted in Greet New Members by ey007