Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old shehatad

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
shehatad is on a distinguished road

1.42 Carat Diamond Studs--Please help!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-10-10 , 12:34 PM

Hi, everyone! I've had a great experience in the past with this site, and so I am again seeking advice!

I have a guy in a little office in the diamond district in NY who I've bought from over the past 5 years. (One diamond tennis bracelet, and one engagement ring and I am pleased with both!)

I want to get diamond studs and he has quoted me $4400 for handmade martini studs in 18k white gold. They are G-color, SI2, with Very Good Symmetry, polish, and cut, no fluorescence. They are Canadian diamonds and GIA certified.

My question: I've found things online (blue nile, diamond studs for less, ebay, etc) for superior stones (VS2 and VS1) for less! My NY connection tells me he's seen things from Blue Nile and similar with major issues and flaws and so doesn't recommend buying from the net.

I don't necessarily want a "deal" but I don't want to be ripped off. What are your thoughts on this? I want to mail a check to him tomorrow, and so I am in a hurry to get any feedback.

Thanks!
Deena

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Network Jeweler : offline
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488
Diamonds: 1
Gemstones: 10

My Karma
Power: 281
Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=2545, In=1
Referrals: 3

Re: 1.42 Carat Diamond Studs--Please help!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-10-10 , 02:47 PM

Both certed diamonds and Canadian sourced diamonds carry a bit of a premium. Are you concerned about Canadian sorcing and having certs for these ? I'm not sure if Blue Nile has certed diamonds as stock pieces, but you might want to check that and their sourcing. Your guy's pricing is reasonable for GIA certed diamonds, though any of the vendors on this site can undoubtedly do a bit better price wise, (at least I know that I can).

Michael_E signature
Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic What do you think of this bluenile diamond by kenglim17
Up a Topic Question about strange setting posted in Antique and Estate Jewelry by ringquestion
Older:
Down a Topic Is this a good deal 2 carat diamond by NGKTECH
Down a Topic What does 14k Cousins mean posted in JEWELRY by lbistro