Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old ihatepavelbure

My Profile
View profile photo
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Karma
Power: 0
ihatepavelbure is just really nice ihatepavelbure is just really nice ihatepavelbure is just really nice ihatepavelbure is just really nice ihatepavelbure is just really nice

garnet cocktail ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-10-10 , 04:28 AM

Hi all! I have an 8mm round garnet. I really like smaller, understated jewelry so this is a large stone by my standards.

I'd like to have it set into a white metal cocktail ring for under $1000.

This is a broad question: Anyone have any ideas...seen anything you like?

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Network Jeweler : offline
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488
Diamonds: 1
Gemstones: 10

My Karma
Power: 280
Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=2528, In=1
Referrals: 3

Re: garnet cocktail ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-10-10 , 02:22 PM

What sort of style do you prefer ? Filigree, more modern sweeping styles or even very broad expanses of very modern, polished gold are all possibilities. Setting your garnet into a white gold setting would be very easy and can be rather inexpensively done if you would be happy with a commercial setting. Any small diamonds can cause the price to go up significantly, so you'd need to consider this when deciding on a setting. You could even have a custom made setting done within your budget, if you were not concerned about having added small diamonds. There are lots of options within your price limit and many things that can be done for much less than that. If you'd like a list of commercial mounting suppliers or would just like to discuss the details of such a ring let me know, (via e-mail), and I'll get right back to you.

Michael_E signature
Old ihatepavelbure

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
ihatepavelbure is just really nice ihatepavelbure is just really nice ihatepavelbure is just really nice ihatepavelbure is just really nice ihatepavelbure is just really nice

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-10-10 , 03:37 PM

I'm actually feeling really flexible about it right now...I don't have any strict ideas of what I would want. I just want it to look nice. :-) Last night I was sort of browsing for ideas and two photos jumped out at me:

http://www.faycullen.com/victorian_...0/gc415r2d.html

and

http://applesofgold.com/HGO-R129GTW.html

Two very different styles and no diamonds on either of them, although I realize there is a large amount of detail on the latter.

Attached Images
ihatepavelbure_applesofgold_HGO-R129GTWC.jpg ihatepavelbure_faycullen_2.jpg

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488

My Karma
Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-10-10 , 04:09 PM

Either of those style could be easily done well within your budget. The Fay Cullen ring would need to be custom made, but it would be a much stronger and more durable ring than the filigree ring style. For round filigree rings there are several sources, (though it too could be custom made to suit you).

One of my favorite sources for reasonably priced filigree rings is here:
Filigree Rings.com

I buy these, set the stones, rework the millgrain and polish them for a very nice look at a reasonable price. The page linked to has several rings designed for an 8mm stone and these can be ordered in a variety of metals. Though you can order from this source, it's actually less expensive to you if I order and do all the work.

Michael_E signature
Last edited by Michael_E : 01-10-10 at 04:10 PM.
Old ihatepavelbure

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 01-10-10 , 08:10 PM

Michael, that looks great! I do like a few of those filigree rings and I think that's a definitely good option.

Alternately, how much do you think it would charge for you to remake the Fay Cullen ring in 14k?

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 01-11-10 , 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatepavelbure
Michael, that looks great! I do like a few of those filigree rings and I think that's a definitely good option.

Alternately, how much do you think it would charge for you to remake the Fay Cullen ring in 14k?

There are a number of questions that I'd need to ask you to get a firm idea of price. Things like your ring size and questions regarding construction make a bit of a difference and I'd really prefer to discuss price via e-mail. If you could e-mail me at: michael@gemshoppe.com I'd love to discuss this with you !

Michael_E signature
Read Messages in: Jewelry Design All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Tacori by sparkyvalentine
Up a Topic Tiffany Co Lucida Diamond Platinum Ring for Sale posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by evontran
Older:
Down a Topic Embrace Bridal Set by 71dartswinger
Down a Topic Question about strange setting posted in Antique and Estate Jewelry by ringquestion