Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Baylor830

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Baylor830 is on a distinguished road

Need Help Finding a Diamond!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 12-08-09 , 03:20 PM

Hello All,

This is a great forum, and I have found the abundance of information here priceless. Before I started doing some research for an engagement ring I didn't realize there was this much to learn. I suppose doing the research is a good thing as opposed to being ignorant and just doing into a chain and buying the first thing that sparkled, right?

Anyways, I plan on proposing in the next month or 2 and of course I'm trying to find the perfect diamond. I have gone with her and looked at rings to see what she likes. Here's where I stand:

She definitely wants a princess cut, size is the most important thing (but I still dont want to sacrifice color, I figure G-I would be good). As I have learned the cut is the most important factor and I should probably stay with a GIA or AGS Cert. My Budget is in the 8-9K range.

So I was hoping the masses here, which is much more knowledgable than I am might be able to suggest a few diamonds with these credentials. Also, any insight (maybe if I should/shouldnt sacrifice some color etc) is always appreciated! Thanks so much!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old gbaycan

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
gbaycan is on a distinguished road

Re: Need Help Finding a Diamond!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 12-08-09 , 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylor830
Hello All,

This is a great forum, and I have found the abundance of information here priceless. Before I started doing some research for an engagement ring I didn't realize there was this much to learn. I suppose doing the research is a good thing as opposed to being ignorant and just doing into a chain and buying the first thing that sparkled, right?

Anyways, I plan on proposing in the next month or 2 and of course I'm trying to find the perfect diamond. I have gone with her and looked at rings to see what she likes. Here's where I stand:

She definitely wants a princess cut, size is the most important thing (but I still dont want to sacrifice color, I figure G-I would be good). As I have learned the cut is the most important factor and I should probably stay with a GIA or AGS Cert. My Budget is in the 8-9K range.

So I was hoping the masses here, which is much more knowledgable than I am might be able to suggest a few diamonds with these credentials. Also, any insight (maybe if I should/shouldnt sacrifice some color etc) is always appreciated! Thanks so much!

Hi there,

You are in a good track. I would definitely go to color direction more than the clarity, because as a human being, we can only see the color difference. I would go SI1 or VS2 clarity. Do you know what setting she likes? Also, what is the carat size you are thinking?

Old Baylor830

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Baylor830 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 12-09-09 , 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaycan
Hi there,

You are in a good track. I would definitely go to color direction more than the clarity, because as a human being, we can only see the color difference. I would go SI1 or VS2 clarity. Do you know what setting she likes? Also, what is the carat size you are thinking?

Yeah I was definitely going to stay at SI1 or VS2 since I will get the best bang for my buck that way. She just wants a simple tiffany setting. As far as CT size I'd like around 1.5 but thats where I'm getting hung up. She prefers size so I'm thinking for $8K I can get like a 1.6 or so with I color, or am I better off getting an Ideal cut like G color for less size?

Old Jan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 274
Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=16902, In=5948
Referrals: 24

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 12-09-09 , 04:46 PM

Did you see these?

http://www.dbof.com/jewelry/princess-1-70-ct-i-vvs2/

http://www.dbof.com/jewelry/princess-1-52-ct-h-vs1/

Jan signature
For those that want to know the TRUTH about diamonds, just ask

Diamond Brokers of Florida
Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Looking for a channel set baguette setting for oval radiant or cushion center stone by cehrin
Up a Topic Do Not Buy From Van Graff posted in JEWELRY by ninajohnson
Older:
Down a Topic Please help select a diamond by tomorrow morning thank you by mkirsh
Down a Topic Tiffany Platinum diamond ring and band posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by lorenacomesana