Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old mistahx420

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
mistahx420 is on a distinguished road

Facets vs. Cut
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 12-30-08 , 11:08 PM

Hey first time post here. Here is the low down: I been looking around and doing my research etc. In the end I just want to make my fiance happy. She wants something reallly shiny and sparkly and at least 1.25. She goes to Helzburg diamond looks at the Radiant Star (154 facets, yes I know its a gimmick blah blah blah etc). Regardless she loves it. I told her to go other places and just compare to others specifically any GIA triple excellent ratings. (Basically trying to convince her a better cut diamond while shine more) So far nothing has compared. I have not seen it but plan on getting it shipped here to look at. It is a SI(2) and "I" color but also IGI. I know this dimond is not worth much but damn she is in LOVEEEEEEEEEEE with it. Can I find something that can outshine this bastard being at least 1.25 around the 5K range???? Also couldnt I find a non-branded 145 facet diamond that could shine the same for less???? Seems like all the high number of facets are all branded therefore a rip-off. If she loves this diamond find but I wish I could find this and actually pay for what its worth which would save me money. I don't know just in a pickle. Any advice would be great. Thankyou

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Loch

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 80
Loch is on a distinguished road

Re: Facets vs. Cut
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-04-09 , 05:32 PM

You could, but would the Diamond you find outshine the Radiant Star she loves so much? The way one views a Diamond is completely individual. Granted we should all be drawn to pretty much the same type of product but, at the end of the day it's subjective.

A lady I know has a branded Diamond that has more facets than 57/58. She absolutely loves it and believes that it's the most beautiful Diamond on the planet. In her eyes it is. I on the other hand can't stand it!

If you can find something that your gal loves just as much as the Radiant Star and you happy paying based on your perception of worth - great.

I know when spending a chunk of change I always wants to most bang for my buck and more importantly lasting value. That being said you do acknowledge your fiance will be VERY happy with a Helzburg Diamond and maybe that's the best way to go.

Old TooSweet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
TooSweet is on a distinguished road

Re: Facets vs. Cut
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-04-09 , 09:11 PM

Hello, I totally agree with Loch...the way one views a Diamond is completely individual. Like you said in the end you want to make her happy. You are so right about the branded facets costing a whole lot more because they say its has this many facets. However, they do sparkle and have a lot of fire. Like the Roberto Coin Cento diamond is has 100 facets and is absolutely beautiful! Costly but beautiful!

Also, the cut of a diamond is very very important. That's why those particular diamonds with all the facets cost so much.

You pretty much answered your own question when you said you want to make her happy.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Diamond Trade Laboratory by seabird
Up a Topic Baguette Wedding band posted in JEWELRY by Ring508
Older:
Down a Topic Cut estimate by LClancy
Down a Topic Hello posted in Greet New Members by Cate