Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old aandalon

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 52
aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold

Grandma's antique jewelry
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 12-05-08 , 12:34 AM

Our family's passion for jewellery goes back to several generations. Grandma had such a huge collection, which she passed to my mother and my two aunts. Mom keeps using some of these antiques. She has, however, given two of the pieces to my sister and me. Here's the pics of what I got: it's a set of pearls, diamonds and rubies. Very sparkly!!! My sister got a pair of emerald earrings.

This set is from 1948. Signed on the inner part of the pendant's bezel. I tried hard, but I couldn't get a clear shot of the year

If you like antiques, enjoy!!

Attached Images
DSC05876.JPG DSC05871.JPG DSC05874.JPG DSC05877.JPG

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 473
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Grandma's antique jewelry
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 12-05-08 , 04:07 PM

Very pretty set! I especially love the diamonds & rubies around the pearls. That's nice you have something so special to remember her by too.

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old MelC

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
MelC is on a distinguished road

Jewelry Through Generations
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 02-24-09 , 03:50 PM

My family's views are very similar to what you had posted about the significance of jewelry and the traditions of passing down jewelry through family generations. On my 21st birthday my grandmother presented me with a gold ring that was once her mother's. My grandmother had also received this ring on her 21st birthday. Since I was just a small child, I have always been infatuated with this piece of jewelry, and begged my grandmother to let me wear it every time I saw her wearing it. I will hold it close to my heart always, until I have a granddaughter of my own one day to pass it on to.

It is really amazing how stories can prove how even a small piece of jewelry can hold so much history and symbolic meaning. I enjoy reading about people who have a personal story to tell about a particular piece of jewelry; I think it really gives jewelry a unique purpose.

Best,

MelC

Read Messages in: Antique and Estate Jewelry All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Info on a ring I was given when I was 5 by ajudy
Up a Topic Jewelry at the Academy Awards 2009 posted in Celebrity Jewelry by Ragemanchoo
Older:
Down a Topic Help how to buy Estate Jewelry by tam35
Down a Topic totally diamonds posted in Greet New Members by AmrinderSingh