Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Network Jeweler : offline
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488
Diamonds: 1
Gemstones: 10

My Karma
Power: 280
Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=2528, In=1
Referrals: 3

1.59 cara Tanzanite Cushion
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 11-16-08 , 03:30 PM

$800

Item sold

This stone is a top quality tanzanite measuring 7.09mm x 6.12mmand it is flawlessly clean under 10X magnification. The pricing is about $500/carat and is at my cost, making this is a really great deal.

The color is a fine medium/deep blue with a hint of violet. This would make a great ring stone in a protected mounting or an absolutely fantastic pendant in any mounting. I took this picture on the surface of a CD and that's why the reflections have multiple colors. Kind of neat look I think.

Michael_E signature
Attached Images
1,59 Cushion Tanzanite2.jpg 1,59 Cushion Tanzanite.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old irish

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 478
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=240, In=1

Re: 1.59 cara Tanzanite Cushion
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 11-16-08 , 10:40 PM

Wowza that's a pretty stone Michael!!

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 472
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 11-17-08 , 11:54 AM

That is TO DIE FOR!! What gorgeous color & cut!!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old aandalon

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 51
aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 11-27-08 , 04:16 PM

Hi Michael. It's likely that I'll be getting a Tanzanite ring for Christmas and it happens to be almost the same colour as this stone. Do you have another stone like this one? If I get the ring I'd also like the earrings to have the set. If it's possible for you to get one please let me know. Thanks!

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488

My Karma
Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 11-29-08 , 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandalon
Do you have another stone like this one?

Unfortunately I don't have a matching stone to this one. I do have a piece of rough which could cut two matching stones in a bit less intense color. The best cuts for this rough would be as squares or square cushions, as the rough is a long rectangle. I wouldn't be possible to buy a matching set through my wholesale suppliers, as my costs are higher than what I've listed this piece for.

Michael_E signature
Old aandalon

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold aandalon is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 12-02-08 , 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_E
Unfortunately I don't have a matching stone to this one. I do have a piece of rough which could cut two matching stones in a bit less intense color. The best cuts for this rough would be as squares or square cushions, as the rough is a long rectangle. I wouldn't be possible to buy a matching set through my wholesale suppliers, as my costs are higher than what I've listed this piece for.

Is the colour more into the purplish or navy blue side? I will have the ring by this weekend just after I have it resized. Is it possible to post a picture of the nugget to see the shade? Thanks a lot.

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 12-02-08 , 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandalon
Is the colour more into the purplish or navy blue side? I will have the ring by this weekend just after I have it resized. Is it possible to post a picture of the nugget to see the shade? Thanks a lot.

Sure, here's a picture of the rough stone taken on an overcast day. It's a little more violet than this to my eye...I think the camera makes anything close to blue a bit more blue.

Michael_E signature
Attached Images
tanz2.jpg tanz3.jpg tanz1.jpg

Old aandalon

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 12-04-08 , 12:35 AM

Hi Michael,

Love the stone, but as far as I remember, it's a different shade as the ring is. Maybe it's looking lighter and more into the purplish side because of the camera. Once I have the ring in my hands I will take pics to compare the colours.

Thank you

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488

My Karma

Thumbs Up      SOLD
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 09-12-09 , 06:01 PM

System Message: Item has been sold to Catmom. The seller has left the following feedback on the sale:

Thanks Catmom, let me know what you think of this stone in person !

Michael_E signature
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 472
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 09-16-09 , 11:13 AM

I'm kinda sad to see this one go....but congrats Catmom!!! That's definitely the prettiest Tanzanite I've ever seen!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old Icerocc

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Icerocc is infamous around these parts Icerocc is infamous around these parts

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 03-20-13 , 04:47 PM

That color is amazing!!! WOW!

Read Messages in: FEEDBACK All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic 1699 JUST REDUCED 1 50 carats Princess cut 3 stone diamond ring by maven
Up a Topic Cutting an emerald posted in GEMSTONES by Portal2012
Older:
Down a Topic 1 18ct Round Pink Spinel 100 by Michael_E
Down a Topic 3ct diamond value pleaseeee help posted in DIAMONDS by Marcariausc22