Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old mom2esf

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 63
mom2esf is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 05-01-04 , 07:21 PM

Does anyone know of a reputable appraiser of vintage jewelry in the LA or SF Valley area?
Thanks,
B

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 84
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 05-02-04 , 01:38 PM

hello... could you get to the Palm Springs area? There are quite a few vintage dealers in the area.

I have dealt extensively with a woman who used to have a shop on El Paseo in Palm Desert. She has extensive knowledge of period jewelry.

I'm not sure if she's still in business, or what...but she might very well be helpful in dircting you how to procede. Send me a PM if you'd like to contact her.

You are absolutely right to look for a "vintage jewelry appraiser" rather than just a "jewelry appraiser"...there is a big difference.

Good luck, Widget

Old MustangGal

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
Power: 79
MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 05-06-04 , 04:33 PM

Hey Widget, are you from the Palm Springs area? Me and my DH grew up in La Quinta and Palm Desert. We've been in Phoenix for 6 months, but go back often. When I was looking for an appraiser last summer, I couldn't find any really. Alot of them leave in the summer.

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 84
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 05-06-04 , 08:01 PM

Hi, MustangGal!

I'm not from that area (I'm from No. Cal), but God knows I spent enough time down there...(elderly parents in Indian Wells). I kept myself sane and amused prowling El Paseo jewelry stores...I'm surprised I wasn't arrested for loitering!

The one person I know who's opinions I respect, does appraisals (vintage jewelry). But she's pretty El Paseo-esque, if you know what I mean, and probably doesn't want to bother with anything that isn't strictly "high end". Let me know if you'd like her number.

Widget

Last edited by widget : 05-06-04 at 08:03 PM.
Read Messages in: CA All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Great Appraiser High 5 by groovin72
Up a Topic i have been in hiding for too long posted in Greet New Members by babyrocks
Older:
Down a Topic appraiser in LA by benstokes
Down a Topic Michael Beaudry Wedding Band posted in JEWELRY by boka30