Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Popcorn

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Popcorn is on a distinguished road

Is this $3000 0.80 ideal princess cut from JA a good deal?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-18-12 , 10:18 PM

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/...135 7&chan=x"]

I've been looking for an engagement ring for my girlfriend recently and settled on either a brilliant or princess cut however what was more important was the size. My girlfriend quite enjoys the effect of a larger diamond (larger than 0.50 anyway) and so I knew that buying it in a brick and mortar shop I was unlikely to find something of larger dimensions within my price range.

After doing a little research online I came across truthaboutdiamonds.com and JamesAllen.com. I'm aware of the affiliate marketing scheme but I didn't want to disqualify them purely for that, especially when i could use some help. Having asked for a bit of advice the diamond linked above was recommended.

I was delighted to see that it was even bigger than 0.70 carats but I was a little cautious about buying it without the picture. However my contact emphasized that it was a good deal and liable to be pounced upon relatively quickly. His manner was friendly and he answered all of my questions promptly and in good humour but I wanted a couple more opinions so that I could approach my first experience of buying diamonds online in confidence.

If you would be kind enough to give me your own read on this diamond and price I would be really appreciative. Thank you for your time!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old irish

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 478
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=240, In=1

Re: Is this $3000 0.80 ideal princess cut from JA a good deal?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-29-12 , 03:16 PM

hi popcorn,
If it matters--are you aware that comparable carat weights in a round vs. princess the round will face up larger than a princess?
Here's an example with another JA diamond. http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/...ond-1493733.asp
Princess diamonds are often less expensive than rounds though, just like the one you're looking at.
Be sure you chose a setting that will protect the corners.

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic bent prong urgent need advice by molly13
Up a Topic Size 6 5 Princess Cut Engagement Ring posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by Billups212
Older:
Down a Topic Anyone Heard Of Canadian Gemological Services by Guncho
Down a Topic Can anyone identify this ring please posted in General Discussion by ShirleyAnn