Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old GilbertZ

My Profile
View profile photo
Technical Support : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: My heart on my sleeve
Visit my blog Diamond Blog: Diamonds MT 2.5 Largest unseen Diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 1000
GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=7768, In=1682
Referrals: 18

Anyone download I.E.7?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-29-06 , 12:50 PM

I heard lots of people had trouble with this upgrade and I haven't got a free machine to try IE7 on yet. If you've downloaded it, let me know if the pages here are rendering ok.

BTW, Microsoft sent Firefox a cake because Firefox 2.0 also shipped.

I'm typing this from Firefox 2.0 and for those who have asked for spell check (many many many many years now) Firefox has it built in. Fixed a couple typos right in this post. Pretty cute. Upgrade to Firefox 2.0 here

GilbertZ signature
Attached Images
microsoftcaketofirefox.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: E/VS Emerald Cut

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 8

My Karma
Power: 213
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=424, In=0
Referrals: 1

Re: Anyone download I.E.7?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-29-06 , 06:33 PM

I purposely have not upgraded since I'm sure there will be some bugs to fix. Isn't there always with new releases? So I'll probably wait until after the first of the year and see how it is recieved by others first.

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 167
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-29-06 , 06:53 PM

I agree. I haven't downloaded it either.

Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: Spessartine Garnet

My Karma
Power: 0
bigredpayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-29-06 , 09:59 PM

Does the firefox work with this forum only or will it be integrated into all areas of my computer?

Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 11-07-06 , 10:07 PM

I downloaded the firefox. It's pretty good, I don't use it all the time. It does show spelling errors but doesn't help you fix them. Now that would of been cool! Does some cool things with the mouse and scrolling. And it does seem faster too! I just can't figure out how to save images with it yet. I'll keep playing with it and maybe someday I'll master it!

Old GilbertZ

My Profile
View profile photo
Technical Support : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: My heart on my sleeve
Visit my blog Diamond Blog: Diamonds MT 2.5 Largest unseen Diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 1000
GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=7768, In=1682
Referrals: 18

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 11-07-06 , 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredpayne
I downloaded the firefox. It's pretty good, I don't use it all the time. It does show spelling errors but doesn't help you fix them.

Right click the underlined red word and it offers alternatives. Click on the one you want. If the word is not in the built-in dictionary, fr example, BigRedPayne, just click "Add to Dictionary" and it won't ask you again.

Quote:
Now that would of been cool! Does some cool things with the mouse and scrolling. And it does seem faster too! I just can't figure out how to save images with it yet. I'll keep playing with it and maybe someday I'll master it!

Right click, "Save Image As".

GilbertZ signature
Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 11-07-06 , 11:13 PM

Thanks Gilbert! I'm getting old and it's hard for this old dog to learn new tricks sometimes. Even the simple ones! I sometimes forget there is a right click! LOL Appreciate the help! I will definately put it to use.

Old HotCarbon

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 62
HotCarbon has much to be proud of HotCarbon has much to be proud of HotCarbon has much to be proud of HotCarbon has much to be proud of HotCarbon has much to be proud of HotCarbon has much to be proud of HotCarbon has much to be proud of HotCarbon has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 11-08-06 , 10:32 PM

Haven't bothered with IE 7 yet, and I won't until we upgrade at work.

I prefer Firefox also. Lots of good and useful plugins(though my Abe Vigoda status no longer works). I love the new spell check feature.

Now, I just need for the View Formatted Source plugin to get fixed for 2.0.

The only thing I like about IE better is that is much easier to copy and paste table data into Excel(you need a plugin for Firefox).

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 11-15-06 , 05:36 PM

I downloaded IE7 two days ago and like it so far.

Old assoverteacups

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 169
assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 11-15-06 , 05:56 PM

funny thing, today my computer updated itself through ms update.... it called ie7 a critcal update and downloaded it automatically and then asked if i wanted to install...
sooo.. i have it now, and it looks good, i especially like the way it makes the type easier to read, i have a dell ulrtasharp flat display with an nvidia geforce video card and it really makes a nice web display with that upgrade.. i do like the tabs also, so far no problems... alo the zoom feature on the browser window, gotta love it...

assoverteacups signature
*this space for rent*
Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 11-15-06 , 06:07 PM

Yes, I decided to download it after updates recommended it. I like the graphics, and the way favorites are done better, but it took a while to get used to. The zoom is nice, too.

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: 6 Band Tri-Color Puzzel Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 67
Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 11-16-06 , 11:48 PM

I have had it for quite some time now and no problems whatsoever, just had not noticed this post lol
They incorperated the tabbed browsing, simplified the clearing of files ect.., let you choose your search provider not bad all in all.

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: E/VS Emerald Cut

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 8

My Karma
Power: 213
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=424, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 11-17-06 , 01:04 AM

Yeah, my automatic updates keeps telling me about it and it's really getting annoying! LOL I keep saying no, but it keeps reminding me! Dang microsoft...... it won't let it go!!!!!!!!

I may go ahead and download it just to get it to stop bugging me about it! LOL

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Read Messages in: Getting the most out of this forum All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Need some help from the administrator by Adylon
Up a Topic 1 55Ct Tiffany Lucida posted in DIAMONDS by xcor635
Older:
Down a Topic Upgrading soon by GilbertZ
Down a Topic Heart and Arrow Diamond Price posted in DIAMONDS by fx22xibay