Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 88
Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute

My two antique rings, so far :)
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-18-08 , 04:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

I stumbled upon this site only yesterday and i decided to join. Well here are my two antique rings so far. The first one i purchased in Austria when i went during New Years. The second i just purchased over the weekend at an estate jewelry store.

This ring is 14kt gold with two old mine cut diamonds and 4 uncut diamonds.

The one below is the ring i purchased last weekend and i love it!

It has one diamond in the middle and is surrounded by 6 uncut diamonds but over the years two of those 6 have dropped off somewhere.

I hope the pictures aren't too big!

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 473
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Re: My two antique rings, so far :)
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-19-08 , 11:39 AM

Hi & welcome.

Very unique rings. I like the 2nd one, especially how it domes up.

I did not know they used uncut diamonds so much in antique pieces. Very interesting.

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 08-25-08 , 02:56 AM

Small update here... The second ring is 18kt gold and i recently had all of the missing Diamonds replaced.

I've also bought a few more rings. I bought an 18kt Tiffany's black gold band (what they call it) and a sapphire and diamond ring while i was in New York City a week and a half ago. Not to mention another antique ring which has a pink diamond in it and it's also 18kt white gold.

I also got the Tiffany's band customized; I added six green diamonds and one marquis cut pink sapphire.

I will post pictures asap.

Last edited by Tvoss : 08-25-08 at 02:58 AM.
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 08-25-08 , 05:36 PM

Ooooooh, I can't wait to see........especially the PINK diamond ring!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
~Andy Rooney
Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 08-26-08 , 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyandSexy
Ooooooh, I can't wait to see........especially the PINK diamond ring!

Amy

I got a little behind, so hopefully tomorrow i can get some good pictures in!

The pink in the diamond is very subtle and you can really only see it in a darker room but i'll try my best to get it to show itself

The ring is from the 1920's.

Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 08-26-08 , 09:39 PM

Here are the pictures:

Ok, so i forgot to mention a Tanzanite and Diamond 18kt gold ring i had made for me back in February.. Here are the pictures as promised

Pink Diamond (it's weird, under incandescent it's a pinky colour and in these pictures it's more cognac coloured..)

In the daylight:

Sapphire (Not an Antique):

Tiffany's (sorry about the little hairs on the ring) :

Just so you can see the odd shape of the ring:

My camera decided to run out of battery just as i was going to take the picture of the Tanzanite, so i will post that one tomorrow.

Last edited by Tvoss : 08-26-08 at 09:42 PM.
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 08-27-08 , 02:34 PM

Awesome rings!!!

The pinky champagne diamond ring is just lovely! Looks like it has different personalities in different lights too.

That sapphire is so vibrant & pretty! I love how it's set east to west. Is the setting an antique, or is it a newer one made to look that way?

The Tiffany ring is gorgeous! What a pretty pink sapphire! Those are really green diamonds!?! They are so dark! I've never seen a green diamond like those before. That square shank is so unique too!

Thanks for sharing....some positive Karma's coming your way!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
~Andy Rooney
Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 08-27-08 , 03:49 PM

Quote:
Awesome rings!!!

The pinky champagne diamond ring is just lovely! Looks like it has different personalities in different lights too.

That sapphire is so vibrant & pretty! I love how it's set east to west. Is the setting an antique, or is it a newer one made to look that way?

The Tiffany ring is gorgeous! What a pretty pink sapphire! Those are really green diamonds!?! They are so dark! I've never seen a green diamond like those before. That square shank is so unique too!

Thanks for sharing....some positive Karma's coming your way!

Amy

Thank you for such nice comments
The diamond really does have a personality of it's own, very different. The Sapphire is in a new setting and yes, those are green diamonds The ring was a plain band i bought at Tiffany's but they do have them available on their website. I'll post a few more i have in my collection here. It's really building up.

Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 11-11-08 , 06:32 PM

A recent purchase. Platinum and Diamonds. I'm not 100% sure of the age... I heard that it might be an old Russian piece.. I thought it was from the 1950's but all the diamonds are old European cut and i know that the specific cut wasn't around then, so..

Anyways, i hope you all like it

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 11-12-08 , 02:07 PM

Great new find!! I bet it glitters like CRAZY!!!!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
~Andy Rooney
Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 11-13-08 , 01:17 AM

Quote:
Great new find!! I bet it glitters like CRAZY!!!!

Amy

It really does. There's something about older cut diamonds,i'm not quite sure what it is but they seem to have this special characteristic about them. A different type of sparkle then the modern cuts.

Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 12-18-08 , 11:53 PM

New ring!!

Well more like updated.

So i had a VVS1 pear cut 0.60 Carat diamond and i decided to take the Tanzanite out of the ring it was in and put the diamond in it instead.

Here it is:

Note; my hands look bad and also that the picture was just taken, so tomorrow i will get some pictures of it in the sunlight

enjoy.

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 12-19-08 , 01:38 PM

That looks very pretty!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
~Andy Rooney
Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 12-20-08 , 01:12 AM

Quote:
That looks very pretty!

Amy

Thank you for all the wonderful comments

Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 01-05-09 , 04:08 PM

Here's one of the diamond in the sun

The side diamonds aren't so great, as you can see, but i was thinking of replacing the side diamonds by the prongs with coloured diamonds. I'm not sure as to what colour yet.

I'll post an updated picture if i go through with that.

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 01-07-09 , 02:05 PM

That would be neat looking! I bet they'd really make your Pear POP. Would you stay with baguettes? I don't think I've ever seen colored diamond baguettes before....that would be really cool to see though.

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
~Andy Rooney
Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 01-07-09 , 05:57 PM

Yes, i would stay with coloured baguettes

I was thinking of Purple or Green but if i don't go with either of those maybe i'll choose Yellow. I really can't make up my mind :P

Last edited by Tvoss : 01-07-09 at 05:57 PM.
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 01-07-09 , 07:20 PM

Definitely post some pics after......especially if they're purple!!--One of my favorite colors.

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
~Andy Rooney
Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 01-07-09 , 07:38 PM

Oh i will. I am thinking more for Purple because it's different and i think it would work well with white gold.

I don't think i mentioned this before in the posts above, but the diamond and platinum ring is referred to as "the mountain" between friends and family.

Last edited by Tvoss : 01-07-09 at 07:39 PM.
Read Messages in: Antique and Estate Jewelry All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Went wacko on eBay 2 new rings by abunnybabe
Up a Topic light dawns on marblehead an oec story posted in DIAMONDS by drm
Older:
Down a Topic Looking for a picture of an orange blossom ring by swffsflame
Down a Topic Matched pair Halfmoon Sapphires posted in FEEDBACK by Michael_E