Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old widget

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 85
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Hee hee...Thanks David and "Sam" :)
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 08-23-06 , 04:51 PM

Looky what I've got!!!!!

I have several pairs of unmounted gemstones, and have forever wanted to find some kind of earring arrangement that I could mount them, and switch them around as my mood dictated.

Jackets would be the logical answer, but I've never liked them because they always 'looked' like jackets to me....the added element always appeared to sit behind the stud rather than under it, as it would if it were one piece. Does this make sense?

Anyhoo, when I saw DBL's fabulous detachable drop yellow diamonds, I had an "ah hah" moment.

First of all...here's the inspiration: DBL's incredible earrings (that's Webgal's ear), and a closeup of the 'gismo'....see how it takes a 90 degree turn forward to bring the dangle up under the stud? Maybe this is done all the time...but I'd never seen it before.

Also, here's a picture of my three pairs of small gemstones, (the pink sapphires are way enlarged)

Now, stay tuned, and see what's coming!!!

widget

Attached Images
Untitled-Stity3.jpg Ulnlygsn.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 08-23-06 , 05:07 PM

I know, I talk too much... ....but I must!

I sent David my emerald studs...and this is what came back:

A pair of "Sam Special" studs, .62tcw, G, SI-2. They are gorgeous and BLINDING!!!!! (I will NEVER spend $$$ on certed, fancy, high clarity diamonds for ears as long as "Sam" and David are around!)

David had his jeweler adapt the existing emerald mountings for the new "jackets". I got two extra pairs of "gismo/jackets" for my other orphan gemstone pairs to be mounted later, locally.

Here are pics. In the interest of science, I even included an earshot. (To my horror even my ears look old!! I hope it doesn't pop up too much in the thumbnails...

Aren't they neat?

Thanks David!!!

widget

Attached Images
000_3531.jpg 000_3545.jpg samsngizmos.jpg 000_3519.jpg

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Fancy Yellow Emerald Cut Diamond

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
Power: 152
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hee hee...Thanks David and "Sam" :)
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 08-23-06 , 06:27 PM

Widget those are amazing!! I love the color of your emeralds, and Sam's diamonds aren't too shabby either

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 382
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 08-23-06 , 06:33 PM

What a great idea...to suit any of your moods (I like that saying). I could not even tell they were jackets "persay" until that side shot! Those pink sapphire pears will also be amazing! Sam does know how to do it doesn't he?? Beautiful!~Ronda

Old valeria101

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 68
valeria101 will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 08-23-06 , 07:06 PM

Some emeralds! Those definitely need no wordy recommendation at all... it is plain to see how mice they are.

Colored drops are the perfect thing on the ear. Glad to see a happy trio like this

valeria101 signature
Ana
Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 168
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 08-23-06 , 07:15 PM

Wow, widget, those are beautiful!!
What a great idea! I know what you mean about earring jackets...DBL's is a perfect design for dangling add-ons.
Enjoy! :-)

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 155
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 08-23-06 , 07:26 PM

OMG Widget - they look amazing!!

Wow, i've been fascinated by those pear earrings too....sooo fantastic to see that techqniue on your emeralds - what a beautiful set now....and those pinks are going to be incredible!!

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 08-23-06 , 08:27 PM

WOW!! Widget!! Those are fantastic!! I love how you went with the detatchable earring setting like the yellow pears David has!!! Dang!! I need to invest in a 'jacket' persay for my studs to dress 'em up! Oh dear, my list gets bigger and bigger!!!

Old annie1

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
annie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 08-23-06 , 08:30 PM

Great thinking Widget! They're amazing.

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: E/VS Emerald Cut

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 8

My Karma
Power: 215
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=436, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 08-23-06 , 11:30 PM

Oh My! I love them!!! What a great idea!!!

And congrats on your new diamond studs. They're just beautiful!!!

I absolutely looooooove stuff like this where one can "play" with thier jewelry!

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old cessnababy

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 08-24-06 , 12:19 AM

Widget- They are gorgeous! I just love studs with jackets and these are so unique and beautiful. Enjoy them!

Old diamondjunkie

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 08-24-06 , 12:50 AM

What a fabulous idea - you are so smart! Beautiful! Can't wait to see how the others turn out.

Old pandora77

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Square Emerald Cut E-Ring

My Karma
Power: 76
pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 08-24-06 , 10:37 PM

Those are beautiful Widget!! I know you're so proud to wear them!! They look great!!

pandora77 signature
~*~Angela~*~
Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: Spessartine Garnet

My Karma
bigredpayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 08-25-06 , 12:24 AM

Way to go widget those are "phat"!

Old DandiAndi

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 114
DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 08-25-06 , 08:11 AM

Absolutely GORGEOUS widget, what a fantastic idea, you are so creative!! Can't wait to see those pink pears either!! Congrats!

DandiAndi signature
*~*~* Andrea *~*~*

Thought for the day:

"If a man is standing in the forest talking, and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

(As quoted by my darling hubby )
Old heidiblue

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Wedding Ring

My Karma
heidiblue will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 11-22-06 , 06:41 AM

About what size are your emerald studs you had remounted. I am wondering what a good ratio is from the smaller stud to the drop.

Old evilmailjeep

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Sunblock

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+12  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 7

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 157
evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 11-23-06 , 11:32 AM

Do you have pics of the other mounted stones yet?

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 11-23-06 , 12:42 PM

Hi...I just saw this...

Heidi: I'm not sure of the carat weight of the emeralds. for some reason 80pts each pops up in my head. I do think they're about 6mm, though...maybe a little less.

EMJ....nah, not yet. One of these days!

widget

Read Messages in: Jewelry Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Stacy s Beautiful Karen Karch Ring by Itbit
Up a Topic A trademark posted in Chit Chat by Scstables
Older:
Down a Topic Headlight s Ring Pictures by headlight
Down a Topic Insurance for my rings posted in DIAMONDS by shopsc