Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old jcwilde1

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
jcwilde1 is on a distinguished road

Age of Ring?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-12-10 , 11:07 AM

Hi, I just bought an engagement ring from a local antique jewelry store and feel like I did a good job. However I wanted to find out what this type of ring could go for and how old it actually would be.

It is white gold, 73 ct old European cut, 'I' color and VS2 clarity.

I know this isn't probably the only things that matter and I don't expect an exact figure for appraisal but anything would be helpful to ease my mind. I didn't like the jewelry store's pricing and it was definitely one of those places that marks the ring up 200% which is why I am a bit uneasy.

What style do you call this ring is this Art Deco or Edwardian? What years would this ring have been made.

Attached Images
ring.png

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 87
Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Age of Ring?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-23-10 , 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwilde1
Hi, I just bought an engagement ring from a local antique jewelry store and feel like I did a good job. However I wanted to find out what this type of ring could go for and how old it actually would be.

It is white gold, 73 ct old European cut, 'I' color and VS2 clarity.

I know this isn't probably the only things that matter and I don't expect an exact figure for appraisal but anything would be helpful to ease my mind. I didn't like the jewelry store's pricing and it was definitely one of those places that marks the ring up 200% which is why I am a bit uneasy.

What style do you call this ring is this Art Deco or Edwardian? What years would this ring have been made.

Gorgeous ring

I'd say that it looks Edwardian due to the open work on the ring and the white on white look that was of the time. It somewhat reminds me of the orange blossom ring designs that started in the early 20's and white gold became more widely available on the commercial market between 1912-1920.

Are there any markings on the inside of the band?

A picture with the side view of the ring with more of the design showing could help identify the age as well.

That was my guess on your ring. I'm sure one of the many people on here with tons of knowledge can give you a better idea than i can but i hope i helped.

Old BeadMe

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 80
BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-23-10 , 05:57 AM

Hi jcwilde1!

Welcome

You already purchased it and now, if you feel like you did a great job, stick with it...
What if your queries will lead you to disappointment?
Can you return that ring?
I just hope that ring fits with your gf's finger.

She will definitely love its vintage vibe!

Cheers!

Old jcwilde1

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
jcwilde1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 11-03-10 , 11:54 AM

After I have had a week or so to sit on the ring I realized that BeadMe is right. If I think she will love it then that is all that matters and I don't need to worry about value. I got it sized so I should be good with the fitting

As for the age Tvoss, I appreciate the help. There are no markings in the inside of the ring for me to go by.

Thanks everyone, I consider this post closed.

Old Juno

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Juno is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 01-10-11 , 02:03 PM

Beautiful!! Could you post another pic of it on her hand?

Old garret

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
garret is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 01-24-11 , 10:00 AM

It sure is a beautiful ring, congratulations! I reckon tvoss has hit the nail firmly on the head about the era. Is a side view possible? I love that style, though they're really hard to find!

Read Messages in: Antique and Estate Jewelry All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic How does this diamond eng ring look on my hand finger size by pearlsnlace
Up a Topic dutchess cut anyone posted in DIAMONDS by memories
Older:
Down a Topic Etched gold harem ring looking for more information by laneys
Down a Topic Hi new from Texas posted in Greet New Members by Driverlock