Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 182
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 11-24-03 , 08:41 PM

Got the black strap finally for this. And no I didn't go to Persona Non Gratis Jewelers Inc, crooks of the Upper Midwest.

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Attached Images
reversoblack1.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 11-24-03 , 08:42 PM

It's leather, embossed to look like croc or alligator, but at $30 it's a mere pittance compared to the real thing. BFD.

rodentman signature
Attached Images
reversoblack2.jpg

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 11-24-03 , 08:43 PM

Another view...It will take a bit of breaking in, but that's OK.

rodentman signature
Attached Images
reversoblack3.jpg

Old CityGirl

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 50
CityGirl is on a distinguished road

I love the JLC Reverso....
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 11-25-03 , 02:26 PM

Rodentman...

JLC makes such a classy time piece...I thought about getting one and having the back engraved with my initials in art deco.

I know that you will appreciate this. I purchased the Chopard Mille Miglia for my husband for Christmas. I was at the jeweler the other night looking for my birthday present and they had just gotten in the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore. I asked if I could exchange it as it has not been open or worn and they said yes. It is a beautiful watch.

So, how many time pieces are you up to?

Happy Thanksgiving,

City Girl

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 11-25-03 , 03:22 PM

APRO, that's mighty pricey! Too many acorns for The Rodentman.

How many pieces? Too many! But I like them all.

rodentman signature
Old CityGirl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 50
CityGirl is on a distinguished road

RM....
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 11-25-03 , 05:28 PM

Somehow you always manage to surprise us! You have a way of scoring some pretty amazing pieces without paying full retail for them. I think you should start sharing your (re)sources!

Old ancienthills

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 73
ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light
Hits: Out=113, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 11-25-03 , 05:41 PM

Rodie, that is my favorite watch in your collection so far.

ancienthills signature
Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 11-25-03 , 05:41 PM

Aside from Rolex, which is very tightly controlled, you shouldn't have to pay MSRP on most other watches. I can't speak for all brands, but there is some negotiating room with most. It depends on the source, of course. There are several in the far east which a lot of people I know use frequently.

I prefer to patronize the local B&M and have gotten some good deals. Example of negotiating room: They decided that there were some pieces in inventory they wanted to move out. They marked them to half price. This included some IWC's, Ebels, Rados, Baume's... No Rolex. So they have some room to play on the price.

BTW I am "negotiating" terms with the dealer under which I will return to active customer status. Hopefully they will adopt a more centrist position than I must "kiss their yaktabay."

rodentman signature
Old ancienthills

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 73
ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light
Hits: Out=113, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 11-25-03 , 06:39 PM

Dont forget to unblock their number from your phone. It was all just an overblown misunderstanding I think. I hope it works out. It sounded to me like the watch manager really liked you. Maybe he will be able to bring the owner around.

ancienthills signature
Read Messages in: Watches Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Watch EyeCandy by Bella
Up a Topic diamonds posted in DIAMONDS by carmen6367
Older:
Down a Topic Panerai by rodentman
Down a Topic Hello DT posted in CO by carmen6367