Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Old castocreations

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: FINE Silver

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 0
castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold

My Grandfather's Legacy
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 08-16-07 , 11:28 PM

I knew I had to get my love of jewelry and gemstones from somewhere. My grandfather and grandmother used to hunt for rocks and stones of all kinds. They would then work together - grandpa cut the stones and grandma polished and set them. The settings are mostly cheap plated, but the cut stones are award winning. They mean a lot to me. I hope to one day learn how to cut stones and maybe cut some of the rough they still have.

I took over 200 photos last time I visited and these are some of the neatest (in my opinion). Included are Rhodochrosite, Tiger's Eye, Chrysoprase, Picture Jasper, Fosilized Dinosaur Bone, Rutilated Quartz, and Chrysocola. Sorry if any of those are misspelled.

He has a lot of rough uncut tiger's eye and turquoise. I even found some stunning Charoite! I really want to make that into something beautiful.

castocreations signature
Last edited by castocreations : 08-16-07 at 11:35 PM.
Attached Images
P4280212.JPG P4280023.JPG P4280054.JPG P4280035.JPG P4280031.JPG P4280207.JPG P4280058.JPG P4280008.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 474
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Re: My Grandfather's Legacy
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 08-17-07 , 08:58 AM

Those are some GORGEOUS Cabachons CastoCreations!! They're all so beautiful, but I love the Rutilated Quartz & Rhodochrosite Cabs the most!

I can see why the love of jewelry making is in your blood!

Amy

Old Catmom

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: My very own ball of sunshine!

My Feedback (8)
Feedback In: 
+8  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma
Power: 135
Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 08-17-07 , 09:16 AM

Oh my goodness, Castocreations, those cabochons are absolutely gorgeous and really mesmerizing!!!!!!! How lucky and special that they were found , cut , polished and set by your grandparents. What a fantastic treasure you have there and is it any wonder you love jewelry?

Old castocreations

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold castocreations is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 08-17-07 , 10:49 AM

Thanks guys. I know. My grandpa won't cut stones anymore and it breaks my heart. He says he can't do it without his wife. She is in a full time care home now. He says that she's the one who would tell him when it a cab was just right with no flat spots. And she set them too.

I wish I lived closer to him and could have him teach me to cut stones. His machines are really old and loud but they still work. I don't want them to go to waste...nor all the rough he still has! Some of the stones I don't know so I'll post them here and see if we can figure them out.

castocreations signature
Old littlelamb

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: diamond ring/earrings

My Feedback (8)
Feedback In: 
+8  0
Feedback Out:
+8  0

My Collection

My Karma
littlelamb is infamous around these parts littlelamb is infamous around these parts

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 08-19-07 , 10:32 PM

I love your post! I enjoyed reading it, and your pics are awesome. I can't decide on my favorite, I like them all!

Old poshpepper

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Yellow Sapphire

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 4

My Karma
Power: 158
poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 08-21-07 , 08:53 PM

Those are amazing, thank you for sharing them with us (and your lovely story also).
Please feel free to post more pics...

poshpepper signature
**Everything Happens for a Reason**
Old castocreations

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 08-22-07 , 10:41 AM

I have to tell you guys that I told my grandpa what I did and after he finished blushing I really think he got a kick out of your kind and positive words. He wants to start cutting stones again so I think I'll have to make time to go down and help. He doesn't want to do it by himself. Who knows...maybe I'll get to show you a stone that I cut!

castocreations signature
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 474
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 08-22-07 , 10:49 AM

Ohhhhhhh, that's great Castocreations!! That warms my heart! I really do hope he gets back into it. He is a very talented man! He should teach you too. Then he wouldn't have to do it alone, and you could carry on his legacy too!

Amy

Read Messages in: MEMBERS COLLECTIONS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic A Michael e and Brian Knox creation on the way by katieann
Up a Topic New to diamonds Bunch of questions posted in DIAMONDS by DesertSport
Older:
Down a Topic ER re do by littlelamb
Down a Topic Just Recently bought an engagement Ring posted in DIAMONDS by twocan