Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old widget

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 86
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Re: Hi and what would you do?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#26 @ 07-26-05 , 08:19 AM

How exciting!!!!!

By the way...did you know that there was a law against tantalizing us all about a new ring purchase, and then not posting pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asschers4vr
Thanks to everybody for their help. I'll post pix as soon as I get a digital camera.

Here's and idea...why not spend your "waiting time" getting a digital camera and practicing with it so you'll be all ready to share when the treasure arrives?

widget

Old asschers4vr

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 65
asschers4vr is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#27 @ 07-26-05 , 08:54 AM

Widget

Guess what I did yesterday? My hubby's birthday is in 5 weeks and guess what one of his presents is going to be? He's been wanting a digital camera forever, so I'll be posting pix soon!!! If you guys go to adiamondisforever.com and go to the design gallery, under the designer Daniel K is a 3 stone cushion that looks alot like the one we got (except his is 4.69 carats and mine will be 2.5). I loved shopping for it, so much fun.

Old lwold

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 64
lwold is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#28 @ 07-26-05 , 03:04 PM

I just went to the adiamondisforever website. That was quite a lot just to find the ring in the design gallery! After they ask you all those questions and then you finally navigate around to find the 3-stone ring . . . .

Anyway, I found the ring! I love it, it will be beautiful. I am also anxiously waiting in anticipation to see pics! I bet you are much more anxious than I, getting little sleep, etc. etc. I know how it feels! The ring sounds like it will be stunning.

Old londonmlle

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
londonmlle is on a distinguished road

great choice!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#29 @ 07-26-05 , 03:16 PM

(though you couldn't have gone wrong either way...)

To answer your much earlier question, for a three stone asscher ring, I am OK with smaller stones but for a solitaire, I looked at 3 to 3.5 carat asschers and I thought they looked small...but then again, my husband says I'm crazy and I am from New York so maybe that explains it...

Old asschers4vr

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#30 @ 07-26-05 , 03:29 PM

I was stunned at how small the asscher looked and kinda dissappointed since I wanted one in the beginning. My jeweler told us though that a high quality asscher at 2 carats (D/E vvs2) would be $20k and out of our budget. My hubby is being so nice upping our amount from $15000 to $17000 as it is.

It's so funny when those past,present, future commercials started a few years ago, I vowed never to get one but Oh My God, is this ring beautiful and I LOVED the way it looked on my hand---just enormous. Well, never say never!

Old tinkerbellfan

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
tinkerbellfan is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#31 @ 07-26-05 , 04:27 PM

Asscher...I have an EC stone and while it's not an Asscher, they are both step cut stones...you CAN get an Asscher going down to a "G" in color and a VS1 if the inclusions stray away from the Table of the stone...these 2 qualities WILL reduce the price drastically!! There is no reason you MUST have a VVS2!! It's overkill...

My EC is an E (because I liked the qualities of the stone so much, but I was looking down to a "G" as well) and a VS1...it is completely "eye clean" and "10x loupe clean." Sounds like your jeweler was trying to make a deterent...

I know you already purchased the cushion 3-stone and I'm sure it's lovely, but just to let you know when you go back for an upgrade!!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old asschers4vr

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Tinkerbellfan
Quote this post and reply to it Post#32 @ 07-26-05 , 04:41 PM

Hi

The only problem was I could tell which stones with my naked eye fell below the DEF range and I didn't want any yellow tint at all. Plus this jeweler did sell other shapes in the vs1 range but not on his asschers. Hubby was unwilling to get "less than top quality" just to get a huge ring. Wanted quality eqaul to size. I have to say when I say the 3 stone cushion it was love (lust?) at first sight and I had to have it.

Old tinkerbellfan

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
tinkerbellfan is on a distinguished road

asschers4vr
Quote this post and reply to it Post#33 @ 07-26-05 , 07:55 PM

I completely understand...I can also become color sensitive to the G's as well...but there are gorgeous stones that aren't in the VVS range that are still worth looking at...that'll drop your price down somewhat what you get to the VS range vs the VVS range.

I'm thrilled that you found the cushion ring of your dreams!! Can't wait to see it...

Old asschers4vr

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Tinkerbellfan
Quote this post and reply to it Post#34 @ 07-26-05 , 08:04 PM

I'll post them as soon as I can. Would love to see your treasures if you have pix.

Someday, I hope to have (of course) a smaller version of Oprah's drop pear shape earrings (even though I don't wear earrings too often).

Old asschers4vr

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#35 @ 09-18-05 , 02:11 PM

I've since changed my mind. I still want diamond earrings, but I want the ones on Harry Winston's website. They're square emeralds/drop earrings. Too gorgeous for words!!! Anyone else see those babies? How much do you think something like that would cost (assuming they're 1-1.5 carats each)?

Asschers

Read Messages in: Greet New Members All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic jjustdeb2 by jjustdeb2
Up a Topic jjustdeb2 posted in Greet New Members by jjustdeb2
Older:
Down a Topic Hello fellow diamond lovers by SharonElizabeth
Down a Topic On a budget but picky What do I do posted in DIAMONDS by smh8402