Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Old Joia

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 0
Joia is infamous around these parts Joia is infamous around these parts Joia is infamous around these parts

Joias brooch collection
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-11-07 , 11:49 AM

My favourite brooches and one favourite Italian sapphire and diamond bracelet. The leaf is platinum with diamonds but my favourite is the 50īs-60-s yellow gold with diamonds and rubies which someone had made from a ring to the fashion of the day. I havenīt seen many brooches and I love them so I hope you will show me some pictures of yours.

Attached Images
P1110012.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Joia

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma
Joia is infamous around these parts Joia is infamous around these parts Joia is infamous around these parts

Joias brooch collection.
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-11-07 , 12:55 PM

I am sorry the photo came out so small. One day I will get it right.

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 474
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Joias brooch collection
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-11-07 , 02:54 PM

Hard to see....but they look pretty.

Old Joia

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma

joias brooch collection
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-11-07 , 03:07 PM

Another try at getting a better pic. I forgot to mention the Victorian "en tremblant" which is silver with gold backing and it has a little spring to make it move and it must have sparkled at night.

Attached Images
P1110012.JPG

Old Catmom

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: My very own ball of sunshine!

My Feedback (8)
Feedback In: 
+8  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma
Power: 135
Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 01-15-07 , 01:18 PM

Is there any way you could get a closer shot? I would love to see the details, they look very pretty.

Old Joia

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma

Joias brooch collection.
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 01-15-07 , 03:35 PM

I am going to try. Third time lucky.

Old Joia

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma

Joias brooch collection
Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 01-15-07 , 03:41 PM

My third try, if the pic is too small this time Iīll give up.

Attached Images
P1110012.JPG

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 01-18-07 , 09:59 AM

Your last pic came out larger. I can see them better now. They're all beautiful. Is the one on the right a butterfly? I love that one. I love fairies/angels/butterflies! The one in the middle with all the gemstones is very pretty too!

Old Joia

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma

Joias Brooch Collection
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 01-18-07 , 10:10 AM

Thank goodness it came out a bit larger. The one on the right is French and platinum and I thought it was a stylised leaf but now you have pointed it out I think it is a butterfly, thanks, I like that. The one in the middle is silver on gold with the flower on a little spring so that it could move and sparkle more ás the Victorian ladiesī moved about. I like the little one (English) with all the coloured gems for the reason that I picked it up in the middle of a box of fakes for about a $1, I love finds.

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 01-18-07 , 11:17 AM

Wow, you have a great eye for quality! That's awesome the butterfly is platinum--you just can't get better than that! Do you ever watch The Antiques Roadshow? I love that show. Wouldn't it be fun to take your brooches there & see what they say?

Old Joia

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma

Joias brooch collection
Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 01-18-07 , 11:27 AM

I love the Antiques Roadshow. You learn a lot from that. By the way the orchid brooch is gold, platinum and diamonds and was bought also the same way in the middle of a lot of fake stuff. Cost not much more than the $1 brooch. Mind you this doesnīt happen often but when it does it makes you feel great. You have some lovely things, I have been admiring them and I am looking forward to seeing more pics and especially "finds".

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 01-18-07 , 03:30 PM

Thanks! I loooove jewelry hunting!

But I think my hubby has cut me off for awhile!

I'll definitely post pics next time I get something.

Old Joia

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma

Joias brooch collection
Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 01-18-07 , 03:48 PM

Husbands! I am looking forward to seeing your future finds. But I f I remember rightly you got a marvellous ering and in a very romantic way - is that right?

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 01-18-07 , 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joia
Husbands! I am looking forward to seeing your future finds. But I f I remember rightly you got a marvellous ering and in a very romantic way - is that right?

You're right!!! He gave me that .45 ct round light pink diamond in the square setting (from Knox Jewelers) for Christmas. It was a complete surprise too! It was such a wonderful, romantic evening! We've been together for 6 years but that's the first time he's ever done anything like that, and something that extravagant! He felt bad I never got a true proposal so he was making up for lost time.

He also gave me (permission to buy) that .85 brownish/purplish pink heart (from Diamonds by Lauren). That one's actually for our 5th wedding anniversary in May, so it's a bit early.

So he's been very generous to me......I can't complain!

I just have an insatiable desire for jewelry!

Old Joia

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma

Joias brooch collection
Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 01-18-07 , 04:25 PM

I thought my memory was serving me ok. Wonderful husband and wonderful romantic gesture. You surely canīt complain. If I ask I can usually get, nothing that romantic though, I just point out what a great deal I am making, so I canīt complain either. Letīs see what we can find this year, it is only January so plenty of time.

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 01-19-07 , 09:51 AM

Quote:
Letīs see what we can find this year, it is only January so plenty of time.

You're on!!!

Old Tvoss

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 89
Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute Tvoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 04-05-09 , 12:04 AM

Quote:
My third try, if the pic is too small this time Iīll give up.

I love the Victorian piece. How did you find that piece? was it inherited?

I am dying to find a diamond aigrette brooch. Funny enough, i have a very special family heirloom piece that i am getting copied (long story) and i am just adding a few different jewels to the new one.

I'll post it under the brooch section once it's done.

It's always fun to hunt for amazing finds

Read Messages in: MEMBERS COLLECTIONS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Art Deco Repro Solitaire w 1 carat CZ by LittleGreyKitte
Up a Topic What will I realistically get posted in DIAMONDS by Divorcee
Older:
Down a Topic Men s Cushion Old Mine Cut Ring by Scott00
Down a Topic How much is this ring work Thanks posted in JEWELRY by sdcardlulz