Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old 8131

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
8131 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=7

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-07-03 , 08:45 PM

Rodentman:

I shook hands with a guy wearing a YG Submariner with a blue face and bezel the other day, it looked gorgeous! If you had your choice, Daytona, GMT, Submariner, or Yachtmaster? Strap or bracelet? The pictures are from Rolex's site and I would prefer the blue dial over the Mother of Pearl with the diamonds. Moneywise, there is not that much difference, but I think the strap sets the watch off better than the bracelet, what do you think. What's you idea of the prettiest Rolex?

Attached Images
rolex iii.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old tinatark

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 51
tinatark is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=4

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-07-03 , 09:49 PM

I'm not RM but I think that top right one would look scrumptious in SS!

I like the classic look of the bottom left one, too.

Sorry I don't know their "real" names!!

tinatark signature
Worry is most often a prideful way of thinking that you have more control over life and it's circumstances than you actually do.

~June Hunt
Old Mexi

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 55
Mexi is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-08-03 , 11:19 AM

I agree with TinaTark re: the top right one in SS or WG.

I also like the leather one.

Mexi signature
~ Mexi ~
Last edited by Mexi : 10-08-03 at 11:20 AM.
Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 183
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-08-03 , 11:27 AM

Top right is the Submariner. Rolex doesn't make it in SS with anything other than a black dial. The serti dial as shown with diamonds and sapphires is available only on the gold/stainless or all gold model as shown. And if you find a watchmaker to alter an SS one, Rolex won't service it.

Actually, I'd take the Daytona in WG on strap with the Meteorite dial. It's a hair under 20K. I'll try to find a photo to post.

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 10-08-03 , 12:08 PM

Here's a photo of the Meteorite dial. I'd prefer it with the brown strap as in the upper left photo. It is available that way; my local dealer has one. I don't.

rodentman signature
Attached Images
wg_meteor.jpg

Old rockmad

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 54
rockmad is on a distinguished road

SS White Faced Daytona
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 10-08-03 , 12:13 PM

Hubby has been coveting 1 for a year or is it more ????

They are as rare as hens teeth here in Asia unless you want to pay a premium ...

Do they make a yg bracelet with the same face as the one with the leather strap. Now that would really get me going.

Hubby has the ss half gold black face submariner which is nice.

regards

Rockmad

Old rockmad

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Nice watch rodentman
Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 10-08-03 , 12:18 PM

I remember seeing your watch box in another post. It got me rather excited. As soon as I saw that I told hubby to go and buy his daytona.

regards

Rockmad

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 10-08-03 , 12:28 PM

Here's a photo of the Rolex Daytona, black dial. This is not my photo, but I have the same piece. Luckily I was able to get mine for MSRP. I tried to get a hadicapped discount to no avail.

rodentman signature
Attached Images
116520blk.jpg

Old 8131

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 10-08-03 , 12:31 PM

Rockmad:

I wish you were my wife! Yes they do make it with a bracelet, there is a new one on eBay from the most respected reseller there; however, it has a champagne dial. Here is a picture of it.

Attached Images
rolex ebay.jpg

Old 8131

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 10-08-03 , 01:00 PM

Rodentman:

So apparently the YG Sub with the blue dial and bezel was altered? it was sure pretty. eBay has three white gold Daytonas with meteroite faces now.

Old 8131

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 10-08-03 , 01:12 PM

Atlantic Time shows both the YG Sub with the blue dial, and the Daytona with the white dial, both with the bracelets. I am leaning towards the brown leather bands though.

Attached Images
rolex atlantic.jpg

Old 8131

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 10-08-03 , 01:12 PM

Atlantic Time shows both the YG Sub with the blue dial, and the Daytona with the white dial, both with the bracelets. I am leaning towards the brown leather bands though.

Attached Images
rolex atlantic.jpg

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 10-08-03 , 02:21 PM

>>Rolex doesn't make it in SS with anything other than a black dial. The serti dial as shown with diamonds and sapphires is available only on the gold/stainless or all gold model as shown. <<

I meant this:

1. A Rolex SS Submariner is available with a black dial only
2. Serti dial shown is available only on TT or solid gold submariner.
3. The above does not mean that a blue dial is not available on the TT or gold submariner. They are.

BEWARE of large Rolex price increase coming yet this year. I do not know the date. Technically dealers are required to raise their prices even on in stock pieces for which they paid a lower cost. This is quite common.

rodentman signature
Old rockmad

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

OOH OOH OOH
Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 10-08-03 , 09:51 PM

Nice black faced daytona but that yellow gold white faced puppy has got me. Gotta ring hubby and see if he likes it.

If you knew what hubby has bought me before he has bought anything for himself you would be thanking yourself that I am not your wife. hahah

I am not that much into watches for some reason. But tried on both the ss and white gold Patek Philippe 24 yesterday. There was just something about holding the white gold one in my hand, the weight, the thickness, the quality aaaaah.

But why no date.....its frustrating

rockmad

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 10-08-03 , 09:59 PM

I had a Patek Philippe WG 5107 on my wrist today. It was $25K. Anything with 5 figures to the left of the decimal pernt makes me paws. The dealer is trying hard to sell me a PP Neptune in SS which is no longer made. I can have it for 9K. I am not byting. It just doesn't turn me on to part with 9K that I don't have.

I will say that even though Rolex is not top tier they are very reliable, accurate, and attractive. My watchmaker speaks quite highly of them, especially the accuracy attainable by the free sprung balance which is adjusted by little screws on the rim of the balance wheel. Very little screws. Do not try this at home.

rodentman signature
Old 8131

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 10-08-03 , 10:39 PM

ROdentman:

Yet this year? It's mid October already, I guess I better move. I'm leaning toward the 18K YG Daytona with the honey brown strap. I think a strap sets the watch off better, I saw a picture of Arnold holding his arm up, and he had a strap on his watch, I wonder what kind of watch(s) he wears? He could certainly afford a PP.

Old rockmad

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 10-09-03 , 12:47 AM

The YG Daytona with the brown leather strap is very handsome. I just didn't go for it initially because of the humidity we get here and I don't know how it would hold up.

I think leather straps on watches always look very classy and have a blue blood element to them. Sometimes an all gold watch can scream nouveau (?)if worn by the wrong person. Some people just don't suit all gold.

You have made a good choice but that is just my .02 cents.

regards

Rockmad

Old 8131

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 10-12-03 , 12:21 AM

Rockmad:

Your comments so impressed me that I realized I have been selfish buying watches. What do you think of this 1936 Rolex as a 47th Anniversary present for my wife?

Attached Images
snake.jpg

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 10-12-03 , 09:03 AM

That would be nice, but maybe she'd like a new black MOP ladies datejust...

rodentman signature
Read Messages in: Watches Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic New Elini watch by adin
Up a Topic My new alexandrite posted in GEMSTONES by orzo
Older:
Down a Topic Ulysse Nardin by rodentman
Down a Topic Need help with London proposal posted in Your Proposal & Wedding Stories by OzzyDude