Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old country

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
country is on a distinguished road

diamond and sapphire rings
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 05-24-11 , 05:00 PM

Hey guys

I own an old style diamond and sapphire set of rings. one is seemingly a normal setting, the other is obscenely tall. frankly i can't wear them, as i'm afraid of banging them off of something, and the fact they're yellow gold bands. they're also too small for my hands. my great grandmother who grew up in england all her life owned these, and years after she passed, my mom gave them to me. i have no idea what they're worth, or where to go for answers. locally everyone will send them out for an appraisal, but i'm not comfortable on that at all. if i must, i must, but for now i will search to see if anyone can help me!
what i know: both have a 10k marking on the bands. the flat ring has 1 sapphire, and 6 diamonds. the tall one has 23 sapphires and 12 diamonds. the flat ring also has a 420 with a circle engraved beside it, and the tall one has a R+K engraved in a box on the band. i have no idea what these markings mean other than the 10k for the gold value.
has anyone seen any rings of this style? and do you know approximately (not looking for a solid number) how much something of this would be? i have never seen anything like these before, and i can't find anything online about anything similar to these settings/rings.
thanks.

Attached Images
rings2.jpg rings1.jpg

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old blaire1200

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
blaire1200 is on a distinguished road

Beautiful
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 05-26-11 , 02:17 AM

This is really an expensive one. So nice...

Old country

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
country is on a distinguished road

Re: Beautiful
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 05-26-11 , 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaire1200
This is really an expensive one. So nice...

thank you. i love them, they're just not my style to wear around. i bang my engagement ring at work all the time,...and it's a tall setting. i also don't particularly like yellow and white gold combos...but each to their own. i wish i could put some sort of a price tag on these, as i want to find them good homes. but without any solid knowledge of the history or origin, i'm lost!

Read Messages in: Antique and Estate Jewelry All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Makers Marks and Date letters by jessica1883
Up a Topic In search of an engagement ring posted in Greet New Members by blinde2lsu
Older:
Down a Topic How does this diamond eng ring look on my hand finger size by pearlsnlace
Down a Topic Noob posted in Greet New Members by Remicakes