Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Serendib

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Serendib is on a distinguished road

Settings in singapore?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-08-03 , 04:04 AM

Hi, could anyone from Singapore recommend a place where I could get a .4 ct diamond set? I'm looking for a simple setting, but it would be good if it could be done in a week.
thanks!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old yeewl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
yeewl is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 09-08-03 , 06:53 AM

Hi Serendib,
There's this 2 places I send my diamonds and gem stones for setting. The 1st place is at Lucky Plaza level 1 and the shop name is called Leipo. They have quite a good collections of ring, earrings, pendents etc.. setting. Look for this lady called sheela. She and her hubby own this shop. You can sit and wait for 2 hours and then collect your items.
The 2nd place is at beach road. The shop's name is called Chong Lee. Look for this gentleman called Tony. He is the owner of this shop. Please let them know that it's Elizabeth or Ms Yee(the piano teacher who recommend). If there's anything else that i can assist you, do let me know.

Old mastertyk

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
mastertyk is on a distinguished road

Hi Missy
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 05-28-07 , 10:28 PM

Hi missy, nice to see you here

Old yeewl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
yeewl is on a distinguished road

Re: Hi Missy
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 05-29-07 , 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertyk
Hi missy, nice to see you here

i too am surprised to see u found this forum also

Old mastertyk

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Re: Hi Missy
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 05-29-07 , 01:20 AM

seem here a better place to stay.

Old mastertyk

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Re: Settings in singapore?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 06-18-07 , 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeewl
Hi Serendib,
There's this 2 places I send my diamonds and gem stones for setting. The 1st place is at Lucky Plaza level 1 and the shop name is called Leipo. They have quite a good collections of ring, earrings, pendents etc.. setting. Look for this lady called sheela. She and her hubby own this shop. You can sit and wait for 2 hours and then collect your items.
The 2nd place is at beach road. The shop's name is called Chong Lee. Look for this gentleman called Tony. He is the owner of this shop. Please let them know that it's Elizabeth or Ms Yee(the piano teacher who recommend). If there's anything else that i can assist you, do let me know.

Hi all,

For lucky plaza, it has been a place which I avoided since i am young. The only reason which kept me going there is
1) Cheap watch shop ( I bought my Tag Heuer @ 25% off retail)
2) place to purchase perfume (always buy my POLO black)

Went there as per recommend to set up my diamond with ready casing. However hipcup with Leipo is unavoidable. Sheena (lady boss) tried to help to smooth some area on the ring which I requested. However her hostile husband try to stop and start to nag; saying ready casing is simply like this and cannot be mend. I work in an industry which deal with tooling and plastic injection. I hope the tooling does pose a problem here. And seriously workmanship is in doubt. If you go for simple & cheap design. Ok, fine you might want to check. However if you encounter any problem along the way, it be very hard for you to persuade them to “touch up”.

I gave Sheena the credit that from start tills the end, she able to attend me and answer my doubts (but she simply tell me, the design is so, so, so.., never once she think it about the workmanship.)

I give lot of credit to myself!! Why? I am there for freaking 2 hours listening to her husband speaking in Cantonese and talking to himself : saying I demand too much, and it not possible to do what I want.

Anyway in short, i am pretty pissed. However on the other hand, one of my friend who did a 6claw tiffany design is quite satis with their job.

High expectation leads to higher disappointments. However I’m buying for somebody who i am in love with for 7 years. i do believe to have right to demand better.

After i proposed, will ask my dear whether she want to change that damn case! it has been a bad dreams for me in weeks. I am happy it end here. In a process, we learn some stuff here and there. For this above, I learnt~ Lucky plaza…. Mmmmm….mmmm….really cannot go there, man!

Regards.

Read Messages in: Singapore All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Importing Diamonds by cellox
Up a Topic light performance posted in Greet New Members by pappushal
Older:
Down a Topic I am searching for street names where by Arik
Down a Topic How to set solitare diamond in 4 claw setting posted in JEWELRY by mastertyk