Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 381
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Re: Skyjems?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#26 @ 12-14-06 , 10:12 AM

Hahahaha Brad.... Oh it's too early in the morning for this! LOL!~Ronda

Old gemgirl822

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
gemgirl822 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#27 @ 01-15-08 , 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkat
has anyone heard of this company? they are on ebay and seem good but i want some opinions. They seem to be pretty honest about the product. I dont know about the values they give though

They said they were a member of the Canadian Jewellers Association. I sent a message to them asking about this and I am waiting for a reply. The logo they used for the CJA (Canadian Jewellers Association) does not match but could be old since they say they have been in business for 70+ years. I did find however the address is the same except a different suite number. 27 Queen St. East #601 is CJA. Go to the website at www.canadianjewellers.com . Skyjems is registered with the Blood Diamonds Organization but anyone can. As for finding the business with all the phone numbers given and the address in the toronto business directory and numerous gemology directories I have not found them using all (skyjems, CGJL, Canadian Gemological & Jewellry Laboratories with David Saad M Sc. Gemology). They could have a different name for their actual location but I have not found it. As for a subsidiary of Muzo Mine Emerald Company there is a listing for a SkyeGems with a G for someone named Skye. Also the certification lists cgjl.ca so I looked it up. It is a one page no links webpage that gives no real diffinative information with a name of Canadian Gemological & Jewellry Laboratories with David Saad M Sc. Gemology (same David Saad as skyjems). I am not saying they are not a legit business, but I can not find them anywhere and everything I do find gives another name or phone number. I will give you the info from the CJA when I get it.

Old alben

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
alben is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#28 @ 11-25-08 , 05:58 PM

I have had megga problems with both e-bay and Paypal which is one and the same company. Scammers from South Africa first hit my e-bay account them I had payments for goods sold diverted to an unknown person's bank which took ages to sort out by Trans Atlantic Telephone calls. Now I have asked E-Bay to help with getting money back from sellers who have not sent goods some 8 months on but they refuse to get involved and refer me to the Police but will not give me details of the seller. Now they think that both my son and myself are one and the same person and have blocked both of our accounts. They inform me that they have enough evidence that we both live at the same address and registration was done from the same computer and we are both using the same banking details... Duh! Don't most families live together and have access to the family computer? IN Business isn't it quite possible for more than one person to purchase from the same Bank Account? Apparently not in the eyes of E-Bay
It seems to me that e-bay are interested in the money not the customer but take away the customer and ther is no money... If they block legitimate people from trading the only ones left will be the scammers and fraudsters... Oh Happy Day...

Feedback is a joke as now buyers are prohibited from leaving bad feedback to a seller. So if a seller is a pile of crap you have to say "Ah yes but don't they smell of roses"... Like hell I will. If a buyer has a problem like going into hospital but pays when they come out and asks the seller to remove the Unpaid Item Strike they can refuse to do so regardless of mitigating circumstances and the strike stays on your file; but a buyer who doesn't get their goods, the goods are faulty, not what they are sold as being or is sent a totally different item from the seller, the buyer has to give good feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adylon
I really hate the feedback system on ebay. I have to admit I'm an ebay nut and I buy all kinds of stuff on there.

They should make it so that the buyer can leave any feedback they want and the seller can only leave negative feedback if there is documented proof the buyer didn't pay on time, refused to complete the sale, etc. Retaliation and intimidation negative feedback for shadey sellers is horrible. In fact I won't even do business with a seller if they leave retaliatiatory type negative feedback for customers who only complained about their merchandise or service and nothing else.

And I don't like the way feedback can be mutually withdrawn either.

Old alben

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
alben is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#29 @ 11-25-08 , 06:10 PM

I have dealt with Skyjems for a while now and made many multiple purchases from them. If I have had a problem I have telephoned the office and found that either Linda or David Saad are quite happy to speak to me, even returning my calls to the United Kingdom to save me money. On one occasion I had to return an item that had damage and I could not have been more impressed with their returns policy. Delivery is speedy and I am yet to have delivery of an item that is not exactly as it has been described. After making up some items of jewellery I have even taken them to another Assayer for verification of value and been impressed with the responses.
Personally the recommendation I can give for Skyjems is 110% and have already put others onto the seller with great feedback to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemgirl822
They said they were a member of the Canadian Jewellers Association. I sent a message to them asking about this and I am waiting for a reply. The logo they used for the CJA (Canadian Jewellers Association) does not match but could be old since they say they have been in business for 70+ years. I did find however the address is the same except a different suite number. 27 Queen St. East #601 is CJA. Go to the website at www.canadianjewellers.com . Skyjems is registered with the Blood Diamonds Organization but anyone can. As for finding the business with all the phone numbers given and the address in the toronto business directory and numerous gemology directories I have not found them using all (skyjems, CGJL, Canadian Gemological & Jewellry Laboratories with David Saad M Sc. Gemology). They could have a different name for their actual location but I have not found it. As for a subsidiary of Muzo Mine Emerald Company there is a listing for a SkyeGems with a G for someone named Skye. Also the certification lists cgjl.ca so I looked it up. It is a one page no links webpage that gives no real diffinative information with a name of Canadian Gemological & Jewellry Laboratories with David Saad M Sc. Gemology (same David Saad as skyjems). I am not saying they are not a legit business, but I can not find them anywhere and everything I do find gives another name or phone number. I will give you the info from the CJA when I get it.

Old lodonguy2011

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
lodonguy2011 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#30 @ 01-03-11 , 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemgirl822

Today is Jan 3rd 2011

yes i contacted CJA today in regaurds to skyjems, CGJL, ETC and i got my reply and will post it here for you.

Hello.

Sky Jems Muzo Mine Emerald Co. in Toronto is a member of the Canadian Jewellers Association.

I hope this answers your question.

Heather

Heather Resnick

Canadian Jewellers Association

heather@canadianjewellers .com

416-368-7616, ext. 225

1-800-580-0942

Fax: 416-368-1986

Last edited by lodonguy2011 : 01-03-11 at 10:33 AM. Reason: my name is missing
Read Messages in: GEMSTONES All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Colombian emerald grid by Portal2012
Up a Topic Long haul yeah its long posted in Chit Chat by Kita
Older:
Down a Topic engagement ring by Live4it
Down a Topic Help with Buying Diamonds Online posted in DIAMONDS by newtodiamonds