Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old ItzMrGreg

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
ItzMrGreg is on a distinguished road

Looking for advise!!!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 02-12-12 , 03:07 PM

Okay so I bought from a dealer that ebay backs, he has 100% flawless feedback and it's a GIA certified diamond I believe it's called. The guy has incredible feedback, just SHY of 180K feedback. They are based out of NY NY and are called GEMKING on ebay I believe...??

Well I just wanted to get your opinions on if I got a good deal or if I may be hosed. I have reason to believe the diamond is genuinely the GIA one.

Here's a screenshot from my mac of the GIA diamond review thing, I also have it in PDF if it helps?

In total for a size 7 platinum ring and the diamond shown in the image. I am paying a grand total of about 4'620.99
(Slightly more with fast shipping)

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/89879438.png/]
[/URL]

Attached Images
3.png

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Network Jeweler : offline
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488
Diamonds: 1
Gemstones: 10

My Karma
Power: 259
Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=1993, In=1
Referrals: 3

Re: Looking for advise!!!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 02-15-12 , 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzMrGreg
Okay so I bought from a dealer that ebay backs, he has 100% flawless feedback and it's a GIA certified diamond I believe it's called. The guy has incredible feedback, just SHY of 180K feedback. They are based out of NY NY and are called GEMKING on ebay I believe...??

Well I just wanted to get your opinions on if I got a good deal or if I may be hosed. I have reason to believe the diamond is genuinely the GIA one.

The diamond looks pretty nice from the specs, how do you like the way it looks? The price is not out of line, but part of how good a deal you've gotten depends on the quality of the setting and, of course, whether the diamond matches the cert.

I would recommend anyone who is buying online should find a qualified jewelry appraiser to make sure that they diamond that they are considering matches the cert. Make sure that the appraiser is not also a seller or you may be getting into a conflict of interest situation with them.

Michael_E signature
Old fuffi

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
fuffi is on a distinguished road

Re: Looking for advise!!!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 02-25-12 , 05:01 PM

Price seems fine. The GIA logo and report number will be inscribed somewhere in the girdle. this is what matches it to the report. Do you have a loupe or some other form of magnification?

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Depth for cushion cuts by lovethecushion
Up a Topic Depth for cushion cuts posted in DIAMONDS by lovethecushion
Older:
Down a Topic Need some advise suggestion Please help by abelt
Down a Topic Decorating hall with florescent paint posted in Wedding Talk by hitmark