Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

View Poll Results: Pale yellow tint in diamonds (opinions - not wishes)
pale yellow tint seems not as good to me regardless *if* it is a modern ring a vintage (it is just engrained - darn De Beers) 54 27.98%
Pale yellow tint seems not as good to me but ONLY *if* it is a modern ring (I expect color in vintage) 56 29.02%
Not myself, but I am SURE others might see it as not as good as a white stone. (I love a hint of color in ALL diamonds) 46 23.83%
who cares what people think (I know this is not helpful, and yes some probably think less of tint but big deal - I want to believe no one should care) 37 19.17%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply New Thread

Old keetercat

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 65
keetercat is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#101 @ 07-10-04 , 07:31 PM

hey webgal!
I like the s-t color one you posted, I think its beautiful
nan pookies name reminds me of star wars.

Old nanpookiejohwah

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 64
nanpookiejohwah is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#102 @ 07-11-04 , 04:46 AM

you cant go by total carats sold because of the HUGE price difference..

a fancy intense yellow, .58ct, vs1 goes for about $2,000

opposed to

a fancy intense blue, .58ct, vs1 goes for $45,000+

hmm i wonder why yellow diamonds sell in larger carat counts? it's very obvious..

Old keetercat

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#103 @ 07-11-04 , 05:59 PM

hey webgal,

I asked nanpookie about the name too in the ebay/colored diamond thread. I am anxiously awaiting an answer!

this will be the second time I have typed a reply to this post, when I reply to certain threads it seems to screw up and delete my post when I use a smiley. I click on the smiley, and away I go to a new page, like its posting my reply.....only to find out it just refreshed the page and erased all of my writing. to say it annoys me would be a huge understatment.

anyway, you have beautiful antique jewelry!!!
I have been trying to reply to that thread several times now, and I gave up on trying. thats happened on a few threads. if this one doesnt go through, I am going to jump up and down and have a big hissy fit.

I dont know what is going on with it, is it my computer? that doesnt make sense to me, but my computer has been acting up really bad lately. I think its possessed.

Old keetercat

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#104 @ 07-11-04 , 06:50 PM

webgal,
I will look into the browser thing. but I have msn 9, which has been nothing but a pain in my butt since I installed it. my computer cant seem to handle its extra features. the only reason I'm keeping it is the instant messaging, which I only use for its little pop up window that lets me know I have new email. it used to make a sound when I got new mail, now it doesnt even do that. we've been through the drill of calling msn etc, but it still doesnt work. wah!

anyway, thanks again for the info! I seem to be able to reply if I refresh the page again before I type my reply. weird.

Old nanpookiejohwah

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#105 @ 07-12-04 , 01:47 AM

if you want to stick to the thought of NATURAL COLORED DIAMONDS and MONEY, i'm sure pink would win because they're much more affordable compared to blue diamonds.

my screen name shall remain a secret just for the fun of it.

all you need to know of me is i'm a male, spent about 1 year trying to create the perfect engagement ring for my girlfriend (or soon to be fiance) and now i'm currently in search of the perfect stones.

also, a lot of jewelers and gemologists and custom ring designers always mistake me for an expert gemologist because i have so much knowledge because of my great deal of research lol

Old keetercat

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#106 @ 07-12-04 , 05:40 AM

ok ok, I will quit bugging you about your name
I still say it reminds me of star wars!
you are a very caring guy to spend all of that time and research for the perfect ring/stone. I wish you two the best of luck with finding that stone and on your new life together!

Last edited by keetercat : 07-12-04 at 05:42 AM.
Old nanpookiejohwah

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#107 @ 07-12-04 , 11:19 AM

thanks a lot

and no it doesn't have anything to do with starwars. it's a phrase, i'll only say the words seperate like this.. nan pookie joh wah

Old keetercat

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#108 @ 07-12-04 , 04:32 PM

ok nanpookiejohwah, thanks for clearing that up.

Old nanpookiejohwah

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#109 @ 07-13-04 , 01:21 AM

there's only one thing i don't get.. the fact that dealers are taking these tinted yellowish/brownish diamonds and calling them champage.. then people go off thinking they're rare and pay more than they're worth :\

sucks when people don't do the research

Old nanpookiejohwah

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#110 @ 07-13-04 , 08:32 AM

im not angry at diamond dealers but on my quest for the perfect diamonds for my girlfriend's future engagement ring.. i've encountered lots of dealer's who try to rip me off by trying to get rid of their unwanted stock at higher than average prices.

the only time i would pay higher than average price would be if i know i can't find a stone like it anywhere else.

i remember i had a scheduled appointment for this one dealer. i spoke to them about a blue diamond they told me they had.. they said it was a fancy intense-vivid blue diamond, .89 ct, vs1. when i went there, they couldn't find it, so they kept trying to pass off these other stones to me which were the same color level and clarity but roughly .68 and .65, thinking i wouldn't know the difference. then they kept trying to pass off diamonds of the same color level or lighter that were roughly the size i wanted.. .91, .98, 1.05, and so forth with clarity such as si2 and si1 where the flaws were very noticeable discolorations or a lot of inclusions deep down within the surface

i'm sure if i didn't have my loupe with me, i would have ended up buying a 1ct blue with a deep inclusion

i remember they started to get pissed off when i was throwing all of my comments at them. they asked me if i was a gemologist or something so i went along with it and they weren't too happy

i'm thinking about these fancy deep grey-blue diamonds one of the jewelers i went to has (it looks violet), i trust the jeweler a lot, they are also the place where i'm considering having the custom engagement setting made. total weight is about .31ct, this was the only pic i was able to take clearly. they look better in person. i haven't seen diamonds like these during my quest, my jeweler told me they were waiting almost a year to get this new parcel. however, the pair is very expensive, they want $12,000 for the pair so i still have to consider it.

tell me what you all think about these, hard to judge considering the picture quality

Attached Images
matched-violets1.gif

Old keetercat

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#111 @ 07-13-04 , 08:51 AM

oh, wow, those are beautiful!!!!
but gosh they are a bit expensive also. wow they are really really cool though, I love the cut and color!

Old nanpookiejohwah

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#112 @ 07-13-04 , 11:04 AM

yeah but i don't know about the size.. i'm thinking of using a white diamond as the center piece but i want to use a 1ct

so those as side stones may be a bit small

i wasnt surprised with the price though, i haven't seen anything as rare as that

Old nanpookiejohwah

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#113 @ 07-13-04 , 11:13 PM

yep she has a GIA report for it. the reason why i trust her so much is because they also will refuse to make any kind of jewelry using enhanced diamonds. they want 100% authenticity in all of their jewelry right down to the smallest stones.

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 84
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Do people see a hint of yellow as inferior?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#114 @ 08-20-04 , 04:09 PM

Back to the subject:

Quote:
Originally posted by synicgrrl
I love a good soft butter yellow color.

Synicgrrl: I think your EC is GORGEOUS and is a perfect example of how really wonderful a warmer colored diamond can be!

I've saved its picture from another thread and wanted to post it here, but it occurs to me I should ask your permission, first.

Anyway, I think synicgrrl's diamond is proof positive that "off" colored diamonds can be sensational!

widget

Last edited by widget : 08-20-04 at 04:13 PM.
Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Karma
Power: 75
synicgrrl is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#115 @ 09-12-04 , 12:22 PM

Widget,

Thank you for your nice compliment. Anyone can see a pic of the ring if they'd like, I don't have it saved on this computer but it's in the thread "My Diamond Rings". The only one I have that shows the true color best is pretty small, it's in a box w/ my other rings. I should take a pic on white paper to show the contrast. It is a pinkish sandy color.

synicgrrl signature
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.
Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#116 @ 09-12-04 , 12:37 PM

Synicgrrl:

Here's your beautiful ring...I still can't get over it's yummy warm color...

widget

Attached Images
weddingset2.jpg

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#117 @ 09-12-04 , 12:39 PM

Oh, and I couldn't resist reposting this...hee hee...SO CUTE!!!

Attached Images
meandabu.jpg

Old Lumpkin

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Lumpkin is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#118 @ 12-03-04 , 06:39 PM

Well, speaking as someone who has an M colored diamond, no I don't see them as inferior, I see them as a bargain. It really does depend on the diamond, though. I've seen some lower colored diamonds that were really ugly, and I'd bet they aren't cut very well. It may also depend on flourescence.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic I color diamond in platinum by red6speed
Up a Topic I color diamond in platinum posted in DIAMONDS by red6speed
Older:
Down a Topic Asscher questions please help by aeris506
Down a Topic Asscher questions please help posted in DIAMONDS by aeris506