Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: 6 Band Tri-Color Puzzel Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 68
Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of
Referrals: 1

Re: New To Site
Quote this post and reply to it Post#26 @ 03-10-06 , 09:45 AM

Jan,
What would be the cost of the E-Ring setting *Without the Center Stone*. I have not seen any settings like this one (see attached) and have no idea of the cost *in platnum*. The center stone I am still wiggling about the specs a bit so that cost isn't nailed down yet.

Thanks

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Attached Images
single halo.jpg

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Anklet

My Karma
Power: 128
briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#27 @ 03-10-06 , 01:58 PM

Would something like this work, or is it too bulky? The center stone sits very low on the ring and the side details give it more of an effeminite look:

or maybe this:

This one doesn't have a bezel but seems pretty low profile:

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#28 @ 03-10-06 , 02:00 PM

Another low profile ring with pink diamond accents.

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#29 @ 03-10-06 , 02:01 PM

briolette, the first pic doesn't display on the post, the second does seem chuncky.

Thanks though

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#30 @ 03-10-06 , 02:04 PM

Here's the first pic again (because there's never anything wrong with posting lots of pics), but it'll probably be too chunky:

Old Sadie

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 70
Sadie is a splendid one to behold Sadie is a splendid one to behold Sadie is a splendid one to behold Sadie is a splendid one to behold Sadie is a splendid one to behold Sadie is a splendid one to behold Sadie is a splendid one to behold Sadie is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#31 @ 03-10-06 , 02:48 PM

Briolette, how do you post pics that are embedded in your post, like you did above? Whenever I post they post as attachments after my post...

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#32 @ 03-10-06 , 03:59 PM

There's an image tag that is
"[img]--url address--[/img]" one would use in the text box (don't include the quotes) However, the image already has to be hosted on the web. If you are using an image from your computer, it has to be an attachement.

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#33 @ 03-11-06 , 09:09 AM

briolette, Thanks for all the pics, your right, you can't have too many
When I started out on my search, I looked at many similar styles of rings as those that you have posted, my preference has evovled to the look of a thin band with one center stone, kind of like showcaseing the main attraction. Personally I am not a fan of Pave settings, so the pave around the bezel is not normaly something I would choose BUT... the GF likes it and says that it glams it up a bit, I do agree with that and I will not refuse the extra help of a pave surrounded bezel to make a 0.5 carat look a wee bit bigger

Am still trying to figure out the rough price of that setting *without the center stone* either branded or mocked up.

Anyone?

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#34 @ 03-13-06 , 11:37 AM

Pawsoff, according to one online site that sells the branded Ritani rings, a platinum version with 1/3 ctw in diamonds without the center stone is $2495:

http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Sear...sp? sSKU=93976

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#35 @ 03-13-06 , 10:53 PM

Briolette, I think I have found a suitable replacment for the ring I listed above, actually like it a bit more.

for much less $$

(see my other thread)

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old Transgirl

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 2

My Karma
Power: 57
Transgirl is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#36 @ 03-15-06 , 10:19 PM

Buying a D is a waste of money. You'd never be able to tell the difference between a D, E and F. NEVER.
Neither would she. And a .5 is rather on the small end for today's woman. I'm 98% sure most women would take a bigger rock and go down to an E or F color since no one, NO ONE could ever tell the difference between them and a D.
But if you like flushing your money down the toilet for a smallish size diamond, by all means feel free!

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 155
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#37 @ 03-15-06 , 10:32 PM

I have to disagree with Transgirl about the size thing - I want less than a carat - I was looking at 1/2 carat - I am just not a flashy person. Also, I don't know that 1/2 a carat is on the small end - guess it depends where you live & in which circles you move. Where I am living now in the country, 1/2 a carat would not be small at all - but back where I lived in Melbourne, that same 1/2 carat would have been small.

Although I have been influenced by everyone on here (tsk tsk!) and could go maybe to a carat now, but still, I say 1/2 carat is perfectly respectable!

Old Transgirl

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#38 @ 03-15-06 , 11:34 PM

Well I suppose I live around a population of mostly flashy people. You can't find a home here for under 600,000, and a more realistic family home runs around a million.
Personally, I wanted to stay in the colorless range, so I went with an F color, 1 carat. After looking at my diamond in many different lighting, I don't even think I could tell the difference between an F and G or even H in most light, where I used to think I could. When the diamond is catching light and producing all that fire, it looks darker anyway. The only time it looks WHITE white is in certain diffused lighting conditions.
I'd rather go even more down in color, maybe H, or heck even I, if I could go up to a 2 carat.
My 1 carat, I love it, but I'm already seeing "shrinkage".
I could never be happy with a .50 carat. And no my hands aren't giants I wear a 5.5 size ring.

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 155
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#39 @ 03-16-06 , 12:59 AM

You do have a point about the colour thing Transgirl - I am sure I couldn't tell the difference between a D and an F.

I was shocked when moving to to the country that people thought $1,500 was sufficent dollars to spend on an engagement ring...I thought I was modest in my expectations, but wow, not compared to people here. I would never tell them the price my BF was talking about spending on an ering - it's some peoples annual wage, it would just be embarrassing. I guess housing is a good indicator - you can get a modest house (in town) here for under $200K - but our area in melbourne was pretty 'inner city' so it was $500K and above for a modest place....I guess lifestyle is a factor too - I suppose farmers don't want a 2ct ring to milk the cows in...lol

Shrinkage seems to be quite a thing with the gals here, that may be something to consider Pawsoff....but a young couple may prefer to spend the $ on their first home and upgrade the ering later.....

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#40 @ 03-16-06 , 09:31 AM

Trans, Ruby:
Thanks for the input gals, I do understand the whole "colorless" range and all... But... I tried the whole upgrade it later idean, that didn't wash. She is the emotional pack rat type of person, who would never want to disasemble her first (and should be only) E-Ring. Personally I toy with the idea that is could be kept and later given to family. I realize that 0.5 of a carat is not huge by any means but.. A near perfect half will always remain so.
Also I thought a good wedding reception line, in reference to "my better HALF"

I am not fully decided on this issue though, my perfectionist side wants a D IF 0.5 BUT my practical side wants a EYE colorless clean Bigger bang for the buck. Its a tough battle. I got some time though.

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old Transgirl

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#41 @ 03-16-06 , 10:42 AM

So you would buy a D, IF diamond for some kind of emotional, symbolic meaning?

I know Trump made that whole "nothings good enough for my girl unless it's a D, IF rock" move when choosing his latest trophy wife's diamond, but then again, if I heard correcty he also bought her a diamond so enormous she can barely lift her hand.

On a budget not so "Trump size"? "Perfectionism" to me, doesn't at all imply being impractical...perhaps the opposite. Doesn't sound like much of a "battle" to me. But whatever.

Old Transgirl

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#42 @ 03-16-06 , 11:00 AM

Well just to show that I'm not just trying to be rude and mouthy, I looked up different diamonds for sale on the TF database to illlustrate my point. From a quick glance, you could get:
A) .50 carat, D color, IF diamond for $3,572
or:
B) .73 carat, D color, VS2 clarity rock for $3,600
(big difference)
or even:
C) .77 carat, H, VS2 for 2,950
or:
D) .87!!! carat, I, VS1 for 3,348 bucks
hmmmm...
I was comparing 50 point diamonds to 90 point diamonds in Tiffany's and there's a huge difference.
BUt this is the last I'll have to say in this thread because believe it or not I have better things to do with my insomnia than argue this stuff!! :p

Old LCole

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 104
LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#43 @ 03-16-06 , 11:08 AM

I have a friend whose husband bought her a 0.6 D IF for her engagement ring and was so proud of himself! She likes it just fine. I would have never had a clue had he not told me one day! I, personally, would rather get more "bang for my buck" if you will. No one will be able to look at my hand and know whether I'm wearing a D or an H for that matter. Also, as long as the stone is eye clean, that's all I need. I won't be carrying a loupe around with me! In my personal search for my engagement ring we are sticking with G-H color and mostly SI1's that are eye clean because I personally would like a 2 carat center stone. What it comes down to is personal preference, though. Pawsoff, do you know what your future fiance's preference is? Just thought I would add my 2 cents....

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#44 @ 03-16-06 , 03:34 PM

Trans, don't worry about it, this was not an argument (you'd know) I don't mind disenting views, thats is one of the reasons I posted the question. If I was completely satisfied with my choice, why would I seek input
I belive the GF is of the practical opinion, "if its good enough to pass the eye test, then its good enough for me". I am beginning to lean more that way myself. I mean what girl doesn't want a bit bigger stone?
But I do not know if the majority of people and store stock is yellow diamonds or not but I seem to have quite a good eye (in person) for if a stone is yellowish or not. Where is the limit for a "you can't believe its not a D" type of diamond?
Just at the tail end of the "Colorless Range" (ie F) or is it lower?

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old LCole

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Classifieds

My Collection

My Karma
LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#45 @ 03-16-06 , 03:50 PM

The yellow tint can differ depending on the cut of the stone. Sometimes a very well cut J can look extremely white. My boyfriend is pretty color sensitive...but our jeweler started off showing us D's and J's. Anyone can be sensitive to that. Now that we've seen some D's and E's next to F's and G's we've got it narrowed down to two diamonds: a H Si2 (eye clean) and a G Si1 (eye clean). You'll know when you see the right diamond. My boyfriend was set on getting me an E VS1 for the longest time. I begged him to look at more diamonds before we made a final decision so that we could save some money. Now we're chosing between the two above! Good Luck!

Old rexelle

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 59
rexelle is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#46 @ 03-16-06 , 04:17 PM

My ''Other half'' is an Engineer ,lol,............but, at the end of the day, after MUCH discussion, his attitude was "You have to wear it, you have to love it, what is your preference ?"..........and I prefer a 'warm tone' to my stones, and therefore get more bling for my buck. And a little fluorescence never hurt to make them look whiter, erspecially set in a white metal............so I'm more than happy with J/K/L/M colour, and eye clean, after all, .........if I can find a 'birthmark' with a loupe, then I know it's my stone,.........as long as I have to use a loupe, and it's not black !!
And around here,...........the set I run in, TWO carats is average,.........isn't it strange how things can be so different ?
Different strokes,...........
As long as everyones' happy with their bling,.....

Michelle.

Old LCole

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Classifieds

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#47 @ 03-16-06 , 04:35 PM

That's a good point Michelle made about what size stones the women in your group of friends wear. I live in Nebraska and when I told my mom my BF and I were looking at 2 cts my mom told me that was absolutely ridiculous!! My ring will be far and away the largest stone of anyone that we hang around (aside from my in-laws....BF's family has a thing for big diamonds.....his grandma's ring is over 4 cts). Then again, here in Nebraska you can buy a very nice house around 2500 square feet for $300,000!!!!

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#48 @ 03-16-06 , 05:29 PM

Well for a off the top of my head estimate of what our friends and such would be wearing 1 carat or under, with not many at all making it past .75 I will do a bit more reasearch on that one but I am probably not far off if at all.

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Read Messages in: Greet New Members All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic I am new here by fali
Up a Topic I am new here posted in Greet New Members by fali
Older:
Down a Topic hi everybody by vikki
Down a Topic old diamonds posted in DIAMONDS by 16chez21