Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old TL04

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
TL04 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-19-04 , 05:38 AM

I need help on what to do for the ceremony. I have only been in one wedding and I remember nothing about the ceremony. I would like some ideas on what to include and where to include them. Please help.

Thanks TL04

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Bella

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Bella is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-19-04 , 10:34 AM

I don't think anyone can help with so little information. Like if you're the bride or groom, where is the wedding? The time of year? Budget, preferences, colors, theme's?

You may need to work out some basics before anyone can help. If you want resources to get it all started there are lots of local links for wedding vendors so you can first decide if you want sit-down, buffet, ultra formal food, BBQ?

Old TL04

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-20-04 , 12:29 AM

You are right. I should have given more info. So here goes. I am the bride. We are getting married in Wisconsin. Outside. In September of this year. Colors are variations of blue and yellow. We are paying for everything ourselves so we don't want to spent more than $4500. What I am really looking for is how/where to incorporate things like a hand ceremony (idea from an website) or something to somehow include a thought of my baby sister who passed away when she was 14. I know the basic plan for the ceremony...minister, bridal party entrance, me and my dads walking down the aisle...that sort of stuff. I want something else to add a little fun and different than the generic ceremony. Thanks for any help you can give me.

TL04 signature
Gonna marry Lance!!
Last edited by TL04 : 01-20-04 at 12:32 AM.
Old acsanders

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 71
acsanders is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-22-04 , 01:10 PM

I purchased a book called "The Knot Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions" at Barnes & Noble. It was very helpful, even for my Catholic ceremony. It has info about vows, rituals, toasts, readings, and music. Plus, other good stuff, too.

Old acsanders

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 71
acsanders is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 01-22-04 , 01:11 PM

I purchased a book called The Knot Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions at Barnes & Noble. It was very helpful, even for my Catholic ceremony. It has info about vows, rituals, toasts, readings, and music. Plus, other good stuff, too.

Old TL04

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 01-26-04 , 03:20 AM

Thank you. I will check it out.

TL04 signature
Gonna marry Lance!!
Old KingOFThief

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
KingOFThief is on a distinguished road

Re: Ceremony help
Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 08-10-09 , 05:43 AM

Hi All,
How are you all? I think wedding invitations are the biggest concern of any to-be-married couple is wedding invitation. The first concern appears when they have decided on how many invites they have to send in actual. Checking out the budget properly for designing wedding invitations is an absolute must.

Picking the right design is an integral part of the whole ceremony as even the slightest mistake can spoil the whole occasion. When you decide upon selecting the wedding invitations it’s better to personally visit the service provider and select the designs yourself. It is your day and the choice must be entirely yours as to how you want to design the details.

A professional designer is a must in this case as s/he will be able to show designs that may suit your needs and requirements perfectly. For instance, a beach wedding invitation cannot be similar to that of a traditional wedding invitation. Each must reflect the distinctive flair of its own. The modern day wedding invitations on the other hand should illustrate some contemporary streaks like a champagne glass creating sparks on the wedding veil.

Beautiful wedding invitations must not necessarily be unaffordable. Spend some quality time over the various color schemes, compare different invitation designers and then zero on in the final one.

The perfect wedding requires planning and help from family and the chosen groomsmen and bridesmaids. In return for services rendered during and often before the ceremony, it is customary that the groom present his groomsmen with gifts to remember the occasion. The bride does the same with her bridesmaids, so the women are never left out!

Nonetheless, often finding the perfect groomsmen gift is often hard to do unless you know where to look. In recent years, a group of online stores have specialized in just this very niche. They sell everything from personalized pub signs to pilsners and flasks, engraved cuff links and much more – basically everything your best man could want to remember the time he dedicated his service to the groom at his wedding.

Remember, after all, it is often the best man that arranges for the grooms celebratory bachelor party and watches over the ring during the pinnacle of the wedding ceremony itself.

wedding budget Even the most basic wedding can cost as much as $10,000, and for many couples this can be a daunting figure, that may even put them off getting married in the near future. You shouldn’t have to compromise on having the wedding of your dreams though, and with a little clever planning and hard work can make your budget stretch a very long way Don’t forget that all the money in the world can’t buy you a happy day, and so the more you get actively involved in the planning of the wedding, the more you will be able to influence every aspect of your big day and make sure it is everything you dreamed of.

Guest List

If you are on a budget then the first thing to be absolutely ruthless over is the guest list. You may want to invite as many people as possible to share your big day, but remember the more people you invite the more the wedding is going to cost. Only invite your closest family and friends, and try not to feel too bad about missing people off of the list. This can be very difficult if you have a large circle of family and friends, but just explain to them you are only having a quiet wedding, and have been forced to keep the numbers small.

Invitations

Professionally printed wedding invitations can be very expensive, and you could save a lot of money if you create your own. This is also a much more personal touch, and most people have computers these days that can make short work of designing and printing an attractive set of invitations, or if you are creative you could buy the blank cards and envelopes and design them yourself by hand.

Wedding Party

Keep the wedding party small, and hire all of the suits and dresses rather than buying them outright. If you really are on a tight budget it is perfectly acceptable to ask the best man and bridesmaids to pay for their own clothing hire.

Photography

Professional wedding photographers cost a fortune, and tend to give you very formulaic photos for your albums, so ask a friend who is good with cameras to take your wedding photos/video for you, and give disposable cameras out to the guests so that they can capture a wide range of different photos for you to choose from.

One of the best known wedding day traditions is for the bride, and is remembered by the saying ‘’something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue’. The rest of the rhyme has fallen out of favour in recent years and reads ‘and a silver sixpence in her shoe’, and the tradition dates back to Victorian times and means:

Something Old – this represents the brides family, and in particular her links to the matriarchs of her family and it is traditional for the something old to be a piece of jewellery that belongs to her mother or grandmother, that was once handed to them on their wedding day, or their mother’s wedding dress.

Something New – this represents the bride’s future with her new husband, and a new wedding dress is usually used to represent the ‘new’ part of the rhyme.

Something Borrowed – this is to represent the fact that even though the bride is entering a new stage of her life, she is still supported by all of her friends and family, and the borrowed object is normally something small and simple such as a piece of jewelery, a hair decoration or a lace handkerchief.

Something Blue – blue is the symbolic color of faithfulness and loyalty, and also the traditional color of purity. This is normally represented with a blue garter, or any other blue item such as a piece of jewelery or an embroidered handkerchief.

Silver sixpence – this is no longer part of the modern day tradition, but the silver sixpence was given to the bride to wish her and her new husband health, wealth and happiness.

Other wedding traditions include a wedding veil for the bride, which was thought to protect her from evil spirits as she made the vulnerable transition from the safety of one life with her family to the safety of a new life with her husband. Also it is traditional to throw confetti at weddings, and this has replaced throwing rice or grain, which symbolized good health and fertility.

wedding-cake The wedding cake is one of the main focuses for any traditional style wedding, and will appear in many of your photos. In fact the moment the bride and groom cut the cake together is very symbolic, and will be one of the main highlights of the wedding (almost as much as the exchanging of the rings), and this is one of the main photos that appears in the wedding album. Therefore it is important that you have the perfect cake to suit your wedding, whether it is the traditional tiered white iced fruit cake or a modern customized design.

Size
It is traditional to give a slice of the cake to every single guest at your wedding, which symbolizes the happy couple sharing their joy with the guests, and thanking them for coming to the wedding. You should also send cake to those guests that were invited but unable to attend the wedding. Therefore size is a vital factor in a wedding cake, and you should make sure you have a cake large enough so that everyone gets a piece, and this is why tiered cakes as so popular as they combine a lot of cake into a compact and manageable space.

Design
This will be one of the most difficult choices, and you should spend some time looking at the portfolios available from confectioners and bakers in your local area. You could also order your cake from an online bakery, and although this is a quick, easy option it will give you little opportunity to be involved in the design process, and if you are unhappy with the cake there may be nothing you can do about it once it arrives.

Flavor
Not only should a wedding cake be a feast for the eyes, it should also taste good too and there are a lot of options for different flavors and textures, from traditional fruit cakes through to light sponges, rich tortes, delicious cheesecakes and even special dietary cakes free from gluten or dairy. Popular flavors include lemon, chocolate, coffee and summer berries, and you could use different flavored layers if you want to give your guests a choice.

Have a perfect wedding day

Best Regards...

KingOFThief signature
Read Messages in: Planning a Wedding All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic The good the bad and the ugly by manhattan01
Up a Topic The good the bad and the ugly posted in Planning a Wedding by manhattan01
Older:
Down a Topic Wedding Planning Books by wahhutch9
Down a Topic Worst thing after a fight posted in Astrology & Relationships by CarmenTN