Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old becky6624

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
becky6624 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-22-04 , 06:05 PM

I am getting married in May and have recently sent out rehearsal dinner invitations. Unfortunately, I just found out that the best man has invited random friends to our rehearsal dinner that we were not planning on inviting. Now we have these extra guests that have already put a non refundable deposit down on the hotel for the night of the rehearsal dinner. Do we try and arrange with our dinner site to add the extra people or do we let our best man handle it. My fiancee also wanted to hang out with some of his friends the night before the wedding, but the best man has already told people which hotel to stay at and it is an hour away. We have given him written instructions numerous times and he just ignores them. He is driving us both crazy!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old debinsandiego

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 71
debinsandiego is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-22-04 , 06:57 PM

Becky,

I'm so sorry your best man is obviously not acting like the BEST man!!

Last I checked, when a person or a couple is hosting a party, they are the only ones in charge of the invites, NOT other guests.

You could have a rehersal dinner after-party? I'm fond of any excuse to have another party. Sounds like the BEST MAN is HOSTING this one, yeah?

I'd let your fiance know how you FEEL about his actions. Then, make it clear to your finace, that it is your HIS responsibility to actually do some thing about it. It's his best man. The two of you could decide a course of action, or you could leave it to your soon-to-be-husband.

Then, AFTER you have told your fiance about all this, let it go. He will either do some thing, or not and his best man will either listen or not. It will all work out, one way or another. The ball is out of your court, and it's really REALLY not your problem.

Also, FYI - USUALLY the rehersal dinner is only for (1) the family, (2) the wedding party and (3) wedding guests from out of town. Period. Most folks should know that.

Most importantly, do not let too many things like this detract from your special day with your groom-to-be. The promise you two are about to make to each other is what the wedding is all about.

Good luck.

debinsandiego signature
Asscher Addict
Old trific

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 63
trific is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-30-04 , 08:24 PM

This is most ridiculous behavior for a best man- someone your man ASKED to stand up for him on one of the most happiest days of his life- It's totally inappropriate for him to do any of this. I agree, it would be good if your fiance can step up to the plate and call him on it, but if can't or won't, I wonder if the best man has a girlfriend or other female in his life you could let in on what he's doing? Any decent GF would knock her man upside the head for something this idiotic!! So that might be a way to indirectly get it through to him.

Good luck figuring it all out, try to focus on what's important and enjoy your day anyway- but I hope he gets the message!!!

trific signature
Every day is another opportunity to make a difference.
Old trific

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 63
trific is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-30-04 , 08:25 PM

Oh, and any extra stragglers at the rehearsal dinner- send the bill for their plates to the best man.

trific signature
Every day is another opportunity to make a difference.
Read Messages in: Wedding Issues All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Cash wedding gifts by belladex
Up a Topic Black Grey pearl necklace and earrings really pretty posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by Jasmin
Older:
Down a Topic Both families are driving me nuts by BabydollNJ
Down a Topic Saw a gorgeous asscher in BBB posted in DIAMONDS by Raech