Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Cello1949

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Cello1949 is on a distinguished road

Hi from New Member
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-02-08 , 09:43 PM

Hi - I'm new here and have already made a couple of posts on the "Orange
Blossom" threads. I love jewelry, especially vintage. I don't own any "honkers" but enjoy, and am thankful for what I do have. I'm really enjoying looking at everyone's collections that are posted. Unfortunately, I have developed oseo-arthritis from playing musical instruments over the years, and my knuckles are larger than my fingers. I can't get my rings on and off as well as I used to and cannot afford to have all of them equipped with those marvelous little adjustors.
Anyway, just wanted to say a "hello" and thanks for letting me participate. If I ever lean how to work my digital camera and upload pictures properly, maybe I'll post my little collection sometime.
Happy to be here -- Cello (Sharon)

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Londongirl

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Gorgeous engagement ring

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 82
Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute Londongirl has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hi from New Member
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-03-08 , 02:06 PM

Hi & welcome

Londongirl signature
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it
Old Cello1949

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Thanks
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-04-08 , 01:49 AM

Thanks much for the welcome!

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 474
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-04-08 , 09:58 AM

Hello Sharon & welcome!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old AshleyRich

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 65
AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future AshleyRich has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 03-05-08 , 05:21 PM

Hi there Sharon,

Welcome to the community!

Ash.-

AshleyRich signature
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!
Old Cello1949

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Thanks for the welcome
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 03-08-08 , 10:11 PM

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome.

Sharon/Cello

Old ashechtm

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 21474892
ashechtm is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 03-12-08 , 10:30 AM

Hi, Vintage Orange Blossom rings are still available through a Canadian company that buys from the manufacturer who purchased all of the original Traub/Orange Blossom manufacturing components several years ago. You can see some of the new/vintage items at jewelworks.net and click on orange blossom. There are over 6000 styles that they can make.
Good luck

Old Cello1949

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 03-12-08 , 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashechtm
Hi, Vintage Orange Blossom rings are still available through a Canadian company that buys from the manufacturer who purchased all of the original Traub/Orange Blossom manufacturing components several years ago. You can see some of the new/vintage items at jewelworks.net and click on orange blossom. There are over 6000 styles that they can make.
Good luck

Thanks for the info. I have looked at the Canadian company's Orange Blossoms sets. I already purchased a set on eBay and received it last weekend. It was not what I expected and I was disappointed with it, but it's growing on me -- a little. It was to be my 35th wedding anniversary gift, so I have a LOT to be thankful for -- a husband who's a keeper far outweighs any ring ever made.
However, I will not buy sight-unseen again. There was complete honesty from the seller who had posted nice, clear and large photos of the set. Even though that shows all the details including patina, it is difficult to get a sense of proportion. Had I seen this set in person, I would have never bought it.

I do not know the name of it. It is a very small solitaire (much smaller than it appeared in the pictures), in a twist style shank, which I like except the shanks on both the engagement and wedding bands are very thin -- not from wear, but from the style - a sort of semi-knife edge. If anyone happens to know the name of this set, I'd appreciate knowing what it is. Oh -- and it is 18k gold.

Thanks for all the kind words.
Cello/Sharon

Old clsnx

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
clsnx is on a distinguished road

orange blossom diamond ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 09-08-08 , 11:54 AM

I have this ring, I think. It was my engagement set. Purchased in 1970, I can't find another like it or an ad showing it. Mine is a 1/2 ct diamond set in a white gold wrap around with 4 prongs. It had a small matching band, which I replaced with a plain band. All I have now is the engagement ring and green orange blossom box and original receipt which I would like to sell now.

Old Cello1949

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 09-08-08 , 03:41 PM

Sounds like mine, only with a nicer diamond. How much are you asking for the lot? If you have an email, I can send you an ad I found which I think is "our" ring.

Old clsnx

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
clsnx is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 09-09-08 , 12:32 PM

Great! my email is [email]Edited Out by Admin[email]

Old Cello1949

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Vintage Orange Blossom Rings
Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 10-21-08 , 10:46 PM

Hi Everyone -- It's been a while since I posted, but I've got some news. I remember our Orange Blossom engagement rings discussions, and I've found some vintage ads from the 60's and 70's. I finally found the name of my vintage OB set I received earlier this year for my anniversary. It's "Elegance." There is even an ad listed with 12 OB's and their names.

Also, I recall someone looking for "Moonwind." Well, it's for sale - I don't know if I can say where -- same place as the ads. There's another OB set that looks similiar to Moonwind called "Holly." These have a center diamond and smaller ones set around it, which looks like a flower or a star.

Hope everyone is well. I didn't mean to stay away so long.

Sharon/Cello1949

Read Messages in: Greet New Members All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic moissanite by slje
Up a Topic A question that i always wanted answered posted in DIAMONDS by diamondivine
Older:
Down a Topic Hello Everybody by diamondivine
Down a Topic Britney 14K White Gold Marquise Diamond Bridal Engagement Ring posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by haley1234