Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old chiaroscuro

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
chiaroscuro is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-28-04 , 01:35 PM

Hi everyone!

My bf and I have been looking into engagement rings, and I found this forum in my search for more information. I've been lurking for the past few weeks or so, but have found this site so incredibly helpful and addicting that I had to join and say thanks!

It'll be a while yet until I'll actually be getting engaged, but I've more or less made up my mind as to what I want, and it's just a matter now of finding the right setting! I have a 1.75 carat Asha oval that I'd like to have as my center stone, and I'd like a comfort-fit 3-stone band, in either 18k white gold or platinum, that has 2 pear-shaped sapphires, somewhere between .25 and .5 carats each.

I've seen the setting I want on Blue Nile, but they apparently don't sell their settings without a diamond purchase, so my bf and I are looking into getting it custom-made, since I can't seem to find quite the same setting anywhere else.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help, and I am excited to be a part of this forum!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 480
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=255, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-28-04 , 02:56 PM

Hello Chiaroscuro,
Welcome to DT. Your future e-ring sounds beautiful. We've drooled over many 3 stone rings with sapphires around here. You're in good company. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Irish

Ooops forgot to say I'll look around for some pictures to see where you might find the mounting you described.

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old chiaroscuro

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-28-04 , 04:08 PM

Thanks, Irish!

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 86
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-28-04 , 05:58 PM

Hi, Chiaroscuro! Welcome!!!

Your ring will be gorgeous...I LOVE colored gemstones in general, and sapphires, in particular!

Have fun..

Widget

Old irish

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection

My Karma
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 10-28-04 , 11:30 PM

I found something!! It's on www.platinumMFG.com. They say they can adjust the head if your stone is larger than 1.5, so it will fit your Asha. And it's on sale!! You can see other views of this ring on their site.

Irish

irish signature

Attached Images
sf3007-o100da.jpg

Old chiaroscuro

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 10-29-04 , 12:19 AM

Thanks for your help, Irish! That is a pretty ring... and the engraving is a nice touch. Hmmm... decisions, decisions....

Old chiaroscuro

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 10-29-04 , 12:29 AM

I still sort of have my heart set on the Blue Nile setting, even though I know I can't get that exact one...

Attached Images
bluenilering.jpg

Old irish

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 10-29-04 , 10:12 AM

I thought I posted this last night Oh well here is the Leo Ingwer piece, that I think is your ring. Yes, I know it has diamonds. But Wait! See the inset picture? They make the ring as a blank. You can choose 3 different size pears measurements, and they will make it with the 6 prong head to fit your Asha. Ta! Da!

You can look on the site for a jeweler local to you or ask Micheal_E here-he may be able to help. I haven't looked at Stuller.com, but they may have something as well. Keep us posted on your search..

Irish

irish signature

Attached Images
15twp47.jpg

Old chiaroscuro

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 10-29-04 , 11:45 AM

WOW, Irish! That Leo Ingwer setting is exactly what I'm looking for! My search will be so much easier now that I have a name to go by... thank you so much!!!!

I can't wait to send my guy this thread... we'll keep you posted on our search!

Old irish

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 10-29-04 , 12:34 PM

you're welcome!

Irish

irish signature

Read Messages in: Greet New Members All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Hey all new here got a question by NYSportstalk
Up a Topic Ideas for what to do with gem pairs posted in Jewelry Design by widget
Older:
Down a Topic Wanted to say hello by KyKy
Down a Topic I can t belive my eyes adults only posted in GEMSTONES by pinkbow