Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old mimi123

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: diamond studs/bracelet/rings/pen

My Karma
Power: 86
mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute

No. 1 Newbie
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-14-06 , 10:32 AM

I have not been on a site like this before (actually never found one before I stumbled in here). This is fun - wish I knew my way around. I've been on this computer exactly 2 weeks - ever since I (err - I mean "we"), decided to upgrade my ER. I saw a small green square in my profile & when I clicked on it it said something about my being famous soon - How did that get there, who put it there, and what does it mean. Also any other info u figure I need or could be useful pls let me know Thx

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old abcm1125

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Yellow Diamond E-Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Karma
Power: 71
abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of

Re: No. 1 Newbie
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-14-06 , 10:35 AM

Welcome mimi!

abcm1125 signature
Amber

I love my USMC pilot
Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  August?s Custom Engagement Ring Spotlight

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 443
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=4238, In=260
Referrals: 23

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 06-14-06 , 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi123
... I saw a small green square in my profile & when I clicked on it it said something about my being famous soon - How did that get there, who put it there, and what does it mean. Also any other info u figure I need or could be useful pls let me know Thx

Hi Mimi,

Welcome to the forum,

The small green square is your 'karma points'

Apparently somebody liked something about you or your posts and awarded you some 'karma' ( right bottom corner of every post is a link for 'karma vote)

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-14-06 , 11:33 AM

A common way to navigate this site (someone had done a post about it) was to go to the top of the site, on the right there's a spot that says "View New Posts". That's what I do to see the newest threads. Also by replying to any thread, you're 'subscribed' to that post.

If you don't want to be (meaning you just wanted to post), you can unsubscribe where it says "thread tools" under the title of the post.

Hope that helps!

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 84
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 06-14-06 , 01:32 PM

LOL....Well, it sure helped me, Snooper! (How long have I been around here?) I didn't know how to "not" or "un"-subscribe to a thread!

(Welcome, mimi! )

widget

Old mimi123

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 06-14-06 , 03:25 PM

WoW Thx Snooper - does that mean I won't get an e-mail on my home computer every time there is a "post" on the "thread" if I unsubscribe? Or maybe thats because I never logged off before today?

And I guess that Reputation box in my Control Panel has to do with the "Karma Box" NEAT!

Old mimi123

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 06-14-06 , 04:03 PM

Also Thanks Widget Brian and ABCM Keep them suggestions acommin !......obviously I'm not the only idio(oops) beneficiary around here !!

Old annie1

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
annie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 06-14-06 , 08:08 PM

Mimi - In your settings section on the site, I believe there's a way to make it so you do not get the email notifications if they bother you. I know that I have mine turned off. Welcome to the site!

Old mimi123

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 06-14-06 , 08:23 PM

Found it!!! Under Edit Email & Password Thank you Annie.

Old annie1

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
annie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 06-14-06 , 08:24 PM

No problem

Read Messages in: Getting the most out of this forum All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Which board by susanpdavis
Up a Topic Is 1500 a fair price for this diamond ring posted in DIAMONDS by nbashoot
Older:
Down a Topic Working on servers by GilbertZ
Down a Topic 50 Carat Diamond Necklace bracelet earrings Set WOW posted in DIAMONDS by JudahSuperbCert