Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Great big YG lion ring.

My Karma
Power: 73
Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future
Hits: Out=420, In=0

Jewelry47 (Ebay) question
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-20-07 , 05:13 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ME:B:AAQ:US: 1

Anybody familiar with Jewelry47 on Ebay? This 89-carat stone they've had up for auction for quite a while now has a photo that doesn't match its description. The GIA report says the diamond is fairly square. The diamond shown in the photo is very rectangular. I asked them and they said it was indeed the stone, not a stock photo.

Thanks,
Ryan Thompson

Last edited by Ragemanchoo : 03-20-07 at 05:37 AM.
Attached Images
Ragemanchoo89ctsDIF2697514.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old barry

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 153
barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=30925, In=3585
Referrals: 26

Re: Jewelry47 (Ebay) question
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-20-07 , 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragemanchoo

Anybody familiar with Jewelry47 on Ebay? This 89-carat stone they've had up for auction for quite a while now has a photo that doesn't match its description. The GIA report says the diamond is fairly square. The diamond shown in the photo is very rectangular. I asked them and they said it was indeed the stone, not a stock photo.

Thanks,
Ryan Thompson
The World of Famous Diamonds
http://famousdiamonds.tripod.com

Check their Feedback and withdrawn feedback.

Caveat Emptor.

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-20-07 , 09:16 AM

A handful of "Buyer didn't respond to the Unpaid Item notification for this transaction" instances. Some of their positive feedbacks are downright bizarre like one from September 10th of 2005. Buyer wrote "I AIN'T GONNA PAY!!!" and the seller responded with "LOVE JEWELRY47". This was a positive feedback, mind you.

Another bizarre thing is a high amount of the neutral and negative feedbacks are from no longer registered users. Does Jewelry47 bump them off Ebay or something? An October 25th, 2002 feedback reads "Advertised as G color, actually J-K color. Seller misrepresented diamond ring," from the buyer. Jewelry47 responded with "A disturbed person, accusation denied." The name-calling leaves many questions. The seller calls people "disturbed" in a number of different responses, and even "Hostile person & nut case" in one. They've managed to keep a 98.8% postive feedback but I'm betting they're busting their ass contacting people and withdrawing bad ones to keep it that way.

Old assoverteacups

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 150
assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-20-07 , 09:50 AM

"This diamond includes an appraisal for $37700000.00, the certificate, and a gift certificate for $60.00 towards your next purchase are all included with your diamond"

well if nothing else , i would fall prey to that kind of a deal....

assoverteacups signature
*this space for rent*
Old LdyNghtWng

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 44
LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 03-20-07 , 10:09 AM

I really don't think that it's worth anything over 12,000,000!

Old taylormillgirl

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 66
taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 03-20-07 , 11:28 AM

Pay 13.5 million and get a $60 coupon for your next visit? Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!

All their diamonds are conflict-free AND internally flawless. I'll bet they've found a cure for cancer, too. Sarcasm aside, I never buy jewelry from eBay jewelers. I'll buy from "regular" people like me selling from their private collection, but not from the big power sellers. And I'm wary of buying from anyone with less than 100% positive feedback with none withdrawn.

Old stci

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 71
stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 03-20-07 , 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormillgirl
Pay 13.5 million and get a $60 coupon for your next visit? Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!

All their diamonds are conflict-free AND internally flawless. I'll bet they've found a cure for cancer, too. Sarcasm aside, I never buy jewelry from eBay jewelers. I'll buy from "regular" people like me selling from their private collection, but not from the big power sellers. And I'm wary of buying from anyone with less than 100% positive feedback with none withdrawn.

There is one withdrawn, it's not dramatic.... othewise, it's dramatic to pay $13,480,000.00 for a diamond... it's only my opinion..

stci signature
Excuse my bad english cause I'm french...
Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  How Diamond Cut Grade Affects Fire, Sparkle, Scintillation

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 423
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=3383, In=260
Referrals: 23

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 03-20-07 , 01:06 PM

Toolhaus.org is always a good tool to use to check out ebay'ers.

http://toolhaus.org

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 03-21-07 , 05:38 AM

Good point. If I'm going to spend $13 million on a diamond, it better f**king be a 100+ carater. And the $60 gift certificate thing, I didn't notice that before, but you're right, that's a joke. Make it $10 K and we're a bit more realistic, even if its a drop in the bucket, its still better than a water molecule in the bucket. If this guy is real (and he has enough positive feedback it leads me to believe he is) then he must be selling for a handful of different dealers. In other words, he doesn't have that 89-carat stone, rather, he KNOWS the person who has it...and *that* might be a bit too generous. The stone's owner would probably be better off going through Christie's or Sotheby's to sell a stone like that, if its for real.

Last edited by Ragemanchoo : 03-21-07 at 05:40 AM.
Old jmsapp

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 0
jmsapp is on a distinguished road

The Feedback
Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 03-31-07 , 09:48 PM

Well, judging by the positive feedback, alot of users a) didn't pay b) are terribley mispelled or use all caps and c) said some form of A+++++++++++++++++ or A++++ or A+++++++. Coincidently, alot of users fit all three catagories. Seeing as the seller only has
~1000 feedback (987 + 11 negative), and that it seems to be maybe higher than a 1:1 ratio of theoretical scripted feedback to theoretical regular feedback, this user is surely authentic *dripping with sarcasm*

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 04-02-07 , 06:57 AM

They must be working overtime creating screen names. Those screen names then bid on a stone, pretend a sale/exchange occured, and leave feedback. Meanwhile the stone, if it exists, is sold somewhere else.

Old shiney

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: OEC

My Karma
shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 04-02-07 , 09:38 AM

I agree. I do a lot of buying and selling on ebay. I never buy from anyone who alerts my red-flags. Buying from people like you and me can be tricky, but if you communicate with them you can easily tell if they are "good" people or just someone trying to rip you off. The most important rule with ebay is not to rush into things, and don't convince yourself that something is more valuable than it appears just because you want it to be.

This particular seller sounds very suspicious. For that kind of money I would demand to see it in person. Actually I would demand that for a lot less!

Shiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormillgirl

Old shiney

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: OEC

My Karma
shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 04-02-07 , 09:41 AM

Wow Brian,

That is just the coolest tool ever!! You don't know how much time that will save me from sorting through peoples feedback!!! Thank you so much for the helpful link.

You know that is why I love this forum, I am always learning so much!

Shiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxdiamonds
Toolhaus.org is always a good tool to use to check out ebay'ers.

http://toolhaus.org

Brian

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 02-09-09 , 10:30 PM

I just got an email alert that somebody posted a response this thread. Where did it go?

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 458
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=120, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 02-09-09 , 11:51 PM

Hi Rage,
If I remember correctly it was a spam post unrelated to the topic.

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 02-10-09 , 11:15 PM

Oh, n/m then

Old elliefold

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
 0  0

My Karma
Power: 54
elliefold is a jewel in the rough elliefold is a jewel in the rough elliefold is a jewel in the rough
Hits: Out=164, In=5

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 03-18-09 , 12:14 PM

I had bought a ring from them several years ago and it was nothing close to described. I sent the ring back and they held my refund until I left them positive feedback.... thus the reason they have such wonky feedback, I'm sure refunds are held until they get a positive rating.

The kicker of it was they sent me a check back for the refund and it bounced THREE times.

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 03-18-09 , 10:05 PM

Holy cow. Elliefold, you ough to report them to Ebay if you haven't already. Their help area is a maze of crap but this is important enough that I'd definitely try to wade through it. Actually, as I recall, they have forums where you can talk with other users. They might have got rid of them after they privatized screen names, which was bad idea, btw. I don't like the anonymity.

BTW I'd like to clarify something I wrote above:
Good point. If I'm going to spend $13 million on a diamond, it better f**king be a 100+ carater. What I meant to say was a colorless/near colorless diamond. If it were a large blue or pink that weren't 100 carats, I mean, I'd understand it. ;D

Old BradleyDalton

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
BradleyDalton is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 03-21-09 , 08:43 AM

HI

Thanks for your information it is really nice and it is rocking..........

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 03-21-09 , 08:11 PM

Turns out Jewelry47 is no longer a registered user. I wonder if a different message is displayed if they're a user whos been kicked off Ebay?

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  How Diamond Cut Grade Affects Fire, Sparkle, Scintillation

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 423
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=3383, In=260
Referrals: 23

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 03-21-09 , 08:25 PM

Quote:
Turns out Jewelry47 is no longer a registered user. I wonder if a different message is displayed if they're a user whos been kicked off Ebay?

I am by no measures an expert on ebay, but I have always equated the message "no longer a registered user" as meaning "this person/business has been kicked off ebay"

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 03-22-09 , 02:59 AM

I seemed to remember hearing Gary Weiss (Jewelry47) had moved off Ebay... turns out I was right. I got a newsletter email from the site earlier tonight. I'm on their mailing list, they added me years ago when I asked them a question about a piece/stone/whatever. They're still using a lot of the photos from their old Ebay auctions, including a 20-some-carat cushion. http://bluegemdiamondsjewelry.co m/ One of the stones is a 20.00-carat (oddly round number) E-IF emerald cut. They want $2.57 million for it. Hmm. The rest of the emerald cuts on the page also have very round numbers, i.e. 1.50, 2.00, 3.00 cts

Old edave

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
edave is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 03-23-09 , 08:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks,
Ryan Thompson

I would suggest that you first call the company and speak to someone about your diamond. Make sure that people are actually there to pick up the phone and answer your questions. Second, check the seller's feedback. This one have pretty good feedback.

Dave

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 03-26-09 , 03:21 AM

I asked him what happened to his Ebay page. He responded to the email: "I have a website." Which doesn't answer the question. :P

Last edited by Ragemanchoo : 03-26-09 at 03:36 AM.
Read Messages in: Auctions All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Help is this my dream ring or is love blind by pmsx
Up a Topic hi everyone posted in Greet New Members by john123456
Older:
Down a Topic Question about potential buyer by snbuzzell
Down a Topic What do you think of these specs posted in DIAMONDS by DiamondLearner