Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old addicted

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 72
addicted is on a distinguished road

interesting
Quote this post and reply to it Post#101 @ 04-25-02 , 01:24 PM

i've read this thread from the beginning and was orginially very interested in the outcome of YGs 'tests' of Fred. I am, for the record, still very interested in those outcomes.

As the thread turned into a 'dialogue' (for want of a better word) between PX and YG, i was actually pretty amused. while i recognized that there was some venom between the two, i've always been fond of debate, especially between folks who seem very secure in who they are and who do not define themselves by others' opinions. hence, the back and forth between the two was entertaining.

as other folks began to throw in their two cents, whether in an effort to support YG or PX, or to 'break up the fight' i realized things were beginning to disintegrate into a situation where feelings were going to be or were getting hurt. i dont think those were the feelings of the main combatants (though i could be wrong on that point), but were those of the onlookers who'd chosen to make themselves part of the fray. i do hope though that everyone here realizes that one person's opinion is just that. people on DT only know what we choose to reveal about ourselves. in most cases the amount of information is so limited that, if one poster chooses to form a negative opinion of another, that opinion is almost certainly based on insufficient information. i think both the 'meanie' and the 'one with the hurt feelings' need to remember that. posters tend to feel like they really KNOW each other (in some cases this may be true), but 9 times out of 10, we dont.

we know ourselves better than anyone else and we are the only ones who can stand back, evaluate another's comments and decide whether there is any merit to the comments.

i am glad that YG and PX have chosen to shake hands and take two steps back from each other. and i am even more glad that both have chosen to stay on DT. i'm relatively new here but find the information contained on DT to be invaluable.

that's my 2 cents.

oh, and Gilbert, i think you are an EXCELLENT board monitor!

Old Allisonfaye

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 72
Allisonfaye is on a distinguished road

Re: By the way..
Quote this post and reply to it Post#102 @ 04-25-02 , 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aimee S
* Edited because of my poor memory of history, and besides, the Civil War was a loooong time ago, and MOST of us have moved on and don't need reminding of the outcome, but thanks anyway, Cheryl. *

[Edited by Aimee S on 04-22-02 at 01:53 PM]

Au contraire, I have lived in the South and they think it is still going on....

Old StevL

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 101
StevL is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=1113, In=0

Re: Re: By the way..
Quote this post and reply to it Post#103 @ 04-25-02 , 03:02 PM

Quote:

Au contraire, I have lived in the South and they think it is still going on....

This is the most true statement I've seen around DT in some time. We see and hear our flag issue almost every day on our local news. I thought it was resolved months ago but it certainly hasn't been.

Time will tell, maybe the ones bothered (on both sides of the issue) will step back and shake hands too.

Old Aimee S

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 75
Aimee S is on a distinguished road

Good grief.. has this subject NOT been dropped??
Quote this post and reply to it Post#104 @ 04-25-02 , 03:16 PM

*edited because I do not want to waste my time beating a dead horse or teaching Texas history*

[Edited by Aimee S on 04-25-02 at 03:30 PM]

Old PX

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 76
PX is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#105 @ 04-25-02 , 03:30 PM

I ain't afraid of you, punk!

I was just talking about you the other day, Ice. And how I'd like to try my hand at, is it called... hang-gliding? Lady said, "Yea right."

As to condors, the first hatching in 18 years in the wild (from an egg conceived and laid in the wild) occurred earlier this month... in Los Padres Nat'l Forest (CA).

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...6 21#post63621

.Px.

Quote:
Originally posted by Iceman
YG ~ Hang in there , I too carry a lot of battle scars from DT As do most of the veterns here

Let me know if you need somebody in your corner for "summer slam 2002" WWF

As always
Nuff said
The Iceman

Old PX

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 76
PX is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#106 @ 04-26-02 , 02:01 AM

Quote:
PX :
I ain't afraid of you, punk!

Was my WWF challenge to you. I don't watch wrestling, but figured it to be something a wrestler might say.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Iceman Let me know if you need somebody in your corner for "summer slam 2002" WWF The Iceman

I saw the photos from your vacation and they inspired me to do something similar one day. I discussed the situation with me lady and was vetoed, hence:

I was just talking about you the other day, Ice. And how I'd like to try my hand at, is it called... hang-gliding? Lady said, "Yea right."

This was a neat bit of trivia I read in the Times the other day and wanted to share it with you since you provided photos of these incredible birds from your trip.

As to condors, the first hatching in 18 years in the wild (from an egg conceived and laid in the wild) occurred earlier this month... in Los Padres Nat'l Forest (CA).

This was a link I provided to your photos in the event others may have missed them.

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...6 21#post63621

.Px.

Old YourGemologist

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 82
YourGemologist is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=5817, In=1752
Referrals: 13

Quote this post and reply to it Post#107 @ 04-26-02 , 02:10 AM

Would somebody please let this thread die in peace?

PX, you and me and ICEMAN and Juan are all meeting at the Los Gringos bar in Piedras Negras next Labor Day to bury this thread forever.

The first cervesa fria is on me...no the first cinco cervesa frias are on me....so we can finally put this one out of its misery.....

YourGemologist

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic found sum emerald cuts by foundsumdiamonds
Up a Topic VBCode Lesson 2 EMail posted in Getting the most out of this forum by GilbertZ
Older:
Down a Topic Setting for Pear Diamond by Horizon
Down a Topic Setting Question Opinions Wanted posted in JEWELRY by aislingmaire