Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old dbeth

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 78
dbeth is on a distinguished road

SWEET-7696....
Quote this post and reply to it Post#126 @ 01-11-02 , 09:16 PM

http://www.skinbio.com Their site is long and they have alot of products. You can spend hours! Dr. lauren Pickart is the guy who makes it. You can call the toll-free # and ask to speak with him. He is very nice and doesn't try to rush you off the phone. If you have acne---you have to try this! Let me know how it works. My friend is 40yo and is going to try it in a few days. Lucky her---she has beautiful normal skin.

Old TRex

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 82
TRex is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#127 @ 01-11-02 , 11:13 PM

sweet7696 -- I have never heard of this copper peptide stuff, and I thought I had heard of everything (I just graduated from pharmacy school ). After reading the web site I could not determine if this product has gone though all the FDA regulatory processes and is truly a "drug". I would be careful with ANY product (over the counter or prescription) that you try as you may be sensitive to it. Try using it once a day at first (preferably at night) and most products you can work up to two times a day. If you have any kind of reaction (itching, hives, redness) stop using the product. I'm not sure what else is in this product - there may be other ingredients that may cause problems.

Sorry -- don't mean to be on my high horse, just want everyone to be careful!

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 85
sweet7696 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=1

dbeth and t-rex
Quote this post and reply to it Post#128 @ 01-11-02 , 11:19 PM

dbeth:
which lotion is it? The night eyes lotion??
t-rex:
thanks for the advice!!! My skin is pretty sensitive! =o)
Jess

Old TRex

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#129 @ 01-12-02 , 12:35 AM

Sweet -- I forgot to mention that almost any kind of acne product can make your face a little red, and sometimes it looks like it's getting worse before it actually gets better. When I say "have a reaction" I mean really bad burning and itching and definitely hives. Then you should probably stop using the product. The key with most products is that you have to stick with them as it may take 4-6 weeks before you see a noticable difference.

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

redness and itchies
Quote this post and reply to it Post#130 @ 01-12-02 , 01:47 AM

I have had redness and itchies with the new stuff I'm using...It's that Murad Acne Complex..and I don't like it!!!! I'm used to a scrub, so now my skin is rough and my nose is getting lots of blackheads! Sorry, I know that's gross!!! I used Proactive before and liked it, so I'm going back to that!!!
Jess

Old joleegirl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 73
joleegirl is on a distinguished road

Sweet 7696
Quote this post and reply to it Post#131 @ 01-12-02 , 01:58 AM

I used to have a problem with breakouts too until I tried a prescription drug called benzamyacin gel (Hopefully TRex will help me spell that correctly ) I almost always had at least one pimple. Finally, I went to the doctor and started using this product. I haven't had the slightest sign of a pimple since!! It is a thick cream that must be kept refrigerated. Just a little dab will do. If you have insurance with prescription benefits, it's really worth trying. If you don't have prescription benefits, it's really expensive. I think it's close to $100 for a pretty small container.

Hope this helps!

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Joleegirl
Quote this post and reply to it Post#132 @ 01-12-02 , 02:47 AM

Do you put the cream all over your face or just on the pimples??? I've been wanting to go to a dermatologist, but there is only one in town and it takes months to get in! I had to go in for a wart on my knee and he wasn't very friendly....But if the stuff works, I would be more than willing to give it a go!!! =o)
Jess

Old dbeth

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
dbeth is on a distinguished road

SWEET7696--
Quote this post and reply to it Post#133 @ 01-12-02 , 03:03 AM

It's the copper peptide serum. It is not a cream. They have other copper peptide products, including lotions and creams.

Old TRex

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#134 @ 01-12-02 , 09:10 AM

Joleegirl and Sweet

The benzamycin cream is great! It is a combination of a antibiotic (erythromycin) and benzoyl peroxide, an anti-acne ingredient found in many over the counter medications. Many times acne is caused by bacteria on your face -- sounds gross, but true. It is prescription only but since it's not really absorbed into your system there are very few side effects (just a bit of redness, unless you are allergic to it). I recently recommended my sister ask her doctor for it. She has been using it for about 3 weeks now and she says she notices a difference already. You use it two times a day (morning and night) and apply it to your entire face, not just the acne areas. Don't use any other anti-acne products at the same time as it may prevent the medication from getting into your pores. Also remember to use good facial hygiene too (ie. lots of water, wash your face after exercising/sweating, change your pillow case often, etc.)

There is also a gel called Differin that works pretty well too.

OK - there's my medication tip for the day.

Old erin

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
erin is on a distinguished road
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#135 @ 01-12-02 , 10:58 AM

Since the current topic is acne/oily skin, I thought I would recommend one more product for anyone interested. It's Kiehl's blue herbal toner, and it's absolutely the best stuff around. Anyone who doesn't have oily skin probably won't like it or understand it, but for those who do, it's amazing. Cleans and clears up your skin and gets rid of oil.
Also, that Clinique Cityblock SPF 15 is the best sunscreen (IMO) for oily skin. It doesn't make me break-out. (But for some reason the Cityblock SPF 25 does, even though they are supposed to be the same formula.)
If I was going to be stranded on a desert island, I'd be perfectly happy as long as I had my Kiehl's and Cityblock.
Oh, and I've tried that prescription stuff that you keep refrigerated, and it's great, too!
Luckily, now I only have the once a month break-outs, but all of these products helped.
Also, T-Rex can probably tell you this better than I can, but if you take birth control pills, there are certain types that are better for acne prone skin.

Old mokulen

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 77
mokulen is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#136 @ 01-12-02 , 11:48 AM

T-Rex-

I used to use benzamycin. My doctor was very wary of it though. He didn't like me using it very much. And he stressed that he didn't think that I needed it. So I don't remember the medical implications. Oops. But be sure to ask about that if you are using it over the long term.

Old joleegirl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 73
joleegirl is on a distinguished road

Sweet7696
Quote this post and reply to it Post#137 @ 01-12-02 , 01:21 PM

Since it's such a long wait to get into the dermatologists office, why don't you just ask your regular doctor? That's what I did.

Also, I started using it twice a day. My skin got pretty dry at first, so I switched from a moisturizer for oily skin to one for dry skin. That seemed to do the trick. Then once I started seeing such great results, I cut back to only using it once a day. And, TRex is right, you put it all over your face. It not only gets rid of pimples, but it stops them from coming back. It's a godsend for me.

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 167
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#138 @ 01-12-02 , 04:44 PM

erin, speaking of Kiehl's, have you or anyone ever been to Kiehl's near 14th St. in NYC? My cousin recommended for me to go there when I was in the city, and I found it a fun place to visit. With its wood floors and myriad of plain-labelled jars and bottles, it has the look of an old-fashioned pharmacy. I bought a few items and found also that they are very generous with their free samples.

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Skin Care Regimen
Quote this post and reply to it Post#139 @ 01-12-02 , 07:28 PM

For those of you that have used or are using benzamycin, what sort of skin care line do you use? If you can't use other acne products, then Proactive would be out of the question! Thanks!! =o)
Jess

Old sopapia

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 86
sopapia is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#140 @ 01-12-02 , 07:54 PM

wow, this is a long thread on various topics. anyway, for breakouts, i use cleocin-T which is a topical clindamycin antibiotics (Rx only) and it works great. i only use it when i break out. it's like the benzamycine. for the topical antibiotics, if you are allergic to those antibiotics orally, don't put it on your face... you'll know why immediately, not a good thing and could be lifethreatening. retin A is great for occasional 1-2 pimples. i would suggest not to go out in the sun and don't use it too frequently. your skin will become red and irritated. for people with cystic acne, accutane works wonders if it works. i've seen people with major cystic acne problem clear up after using accutane. but accutane is not for everyone. it has a lot of side-effects, the major one being teratogenic (affects fetal development) and it's expensive. i think you have to take contraceptives if you're on it also to make sure you won't get pregnant (help me T-rex). speaking of contraceptives, some are touted to be anti-acne, esp people with cyclical acne problem. i don't know how well it works in real life. but that's why they advertise (like ortho-tricyclen).

i know someone recommended clinique. i personally can't use their product (prob b/c i'm allergic to their lotion, the big yellow bottle, and i don't want to experiment with my face). i'm allergic to a lot of brands (i've tried arden, lancome, estee lauder, etc). my skin would break out with little papules in a couple days. i've found shiseido and clarins to be really nice. plus shiseido moisturizer has SPF 10 in it so it'll give some protection. unless you're gg to out in the sun, SPF10-15 would be adequate for sun exposure from driving or going from place to place. some foundation/compact also has sunscreen too. if you need more, i like the neutrogena sunscreen. i don't like smelly lotions/cream and those 3 brands i mentioned don't smell much. my dermatology attending recommend sunscreen of at least 30 (but not too high b/c it's wasteful) and PABA free. i forgot the brand he liked.

it's funny you mentioned kiehl. my bf's friend loves it. everytime she goes to NY, she buys a suitcaseful. i don't know if the product is any better than the other brands. but his friend's hubby loves the shaving cream. he says it's great for guys who uses a razor. it makes your skin very soft/smooth/not irritated. my bf bought it for his dad for x'mas.

suching, i'm not married/no kids. i notice the brands of babystrollers b/c there's a little baby boom among our midst and they all buy the same brand. plus, i'm the kind of person that notice details like that... plus, i'm gg to be a pediatrician so i have to know things like that...

sopapia signature
Sopapia
Old erin

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
erin is on a distinguished road
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#141 @ 01-12-02 , 08:35 PM

About Kiehl's, no I haven't been to the store in N.Y., but it sounds like fun. They sell it here at Saks and at some of the day spa type places. Believe it or not, it's a few dollars cheaper at Saks.
It is Kiehl's policy to be extremely generous with their samples, and they are, whether you buy or not. Don't feel funny about asking - they practically throw it at you! I swear by that blue herbal toner for oily skin (you can probably use it with any of those other prescription products - I have - unless your skin is supersensitive. It's just a good thing to use after cleansing and before putting on any of the prescription stuff. (I've used that Cleocin-T too. I think I've used it all!) And ortho-tricyclen.
My husband loves Kiehl's shave cream too. He's not a product person, but whenever he sees that I've got my Kiehl's samples he asks where his are. That shaving cream is very popular with men. Their lip balm #1 and their creme silk hair styling cream is also top selling.
(I'm such a product junkie!)

Old Aseel

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 75
Aseel is on a distinguished road

Okay Ladies, let's get back to diamonds!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#142 @ 01-15-02 , 07:14 PM

(he he he).

Has anyone ever experimented with having rhodium put over top of a yellow gold ring? The reason I am asking is because my ring guard is white gold, but my engagement ring is yellow gold. Together is looks great, however, I was just curious if it could be done. Right now, my ring has the two tone look.

[Edited by aseel on 01-15-02 at 06:15 PM]

Aseel signature
luvadiamond
Old TRex

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#143 @ 01-15-02 , 07:18 PM

Aseel -- yes, I had one of my yellow gold rings rhodium plated. It looks great and you would never know it was yellow gold, except for the little scratch on the bottom. As you know, you have to get it re-plated every so often.

Old Bella

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Bella is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#144 @ 01-15-02 , 07:23 PM

Yes, eventually the plating comes off. Even when a ring I had done wore thru (from everyday hard-core wear) I didn't so much mind it or could barely notice anything except if I had on a white gold ring next to it. Getting it redone isn't expensive though.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Louisa by Kews
Up a Topic Louisa posted in DIAMONDS by Kews
Older:
Down a Topic Repairs by Sik06
Down a Topic Repairs posted in DIAMONDS by Sik06