Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old mira

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: ruby diamond bypass ring by m.e.

My Feedback (7)
Feedback In: 
+7  0
Feedback Out:
+5  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 2

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 100
mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=0, In=2

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-12-04 , 10:21 PM

I found an interesting ring and i am so dumb i didn't bookmark it! I though oh, I'll be able to find it again, but i can't! the company made rough looking jewelry, very nature-ee, with lot's of rough and natural textures. anyway they had a ring made of what looked like a nice blood red ruby set in rough red gold. It did not look like rose gold - it looked really red. it caught my eye, but now it's really growing on me. has anyone else out there seen really red gold?

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old PlatinumDiamond

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
PlatinumDiamond is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=859, In=24

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-13-04 , 10:01 AM

RED GOLD RINGS

Last edited by PlatinumDiamond : 01-13-04 at 10:01 AM.
Old mira

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (7)
Feedback In: 
+7  0
Feedback Out:
+5  0

My Classifieds

My Collection

My Karma
mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute

really red
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-14-04 , 10:45 PM

the one that i saw was a deep red, not like a rose, ooh i wish i could show you!

Old tonysgeko

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 69
tonysgeko has much to be proud of tonysgeko has much to be proud of tonysgeko has much to be proud of tonysgeko has much to be proud of tonysgeko has much to be proud of tonysgeko has much to be proud of tonysgeko has much to be proud of tonysgeko has much to be proud of tonysgeko has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-15-04 , 01:52 AM

Mira, I was curious about red gold and this is what I found.
This first one is 12k red gold from the black hills line.

The next one is 14k red gold from mokume gane.

This next one is 18k red gold

Another 18k red gold from hattengarden

This last pic is not gold at all but red enamel, it has a ruby red color
Have you tried going into the history up in the tool bar to locate the websites you've been to?

Old PlatinumDiamond

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
PlatinumDiamond is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=859, In=24

What would make the gold more of a red color than rose?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 01-16-04 , 11:08 AM

More copper mix in with the gold or another red color element

Old mira

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (7)
Feedback In: 
+7  0
Feedback Out:
+5  0

My Classifieds

My Collection

My Karma

makes sense
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 01-17-04 , 08:38 PM

that makes sense, but then how come the colors that you see out there are so standardized?

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 180
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 01-18-04 , 12:18 AM

I have seen many different shades of red, pink, or rose gold. There are quite distinct colors to Rolex, IWC, Omega, and Patek's version of that alloy. Yellow seems to be fairly uniform, but pink/red/rose are not, at least not in the watches I have seen. Maybe it's the sheer mass of the case that makes the differences so noticeable.

Here is an example, but I don't think the photo shows the difference as well as in person.

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Last edited by rodentman : 01-18-04 at 12:19 AM.
Attached Images
2golds1.jpg

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 180
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 01-18-04 , 12:22 AM

Again, the one on the right is the Omega and it is rather redder than the IWC on the left.

BTW the IWC is a Portuguese (model number 3714) and is a large chunk of gold. It is my most costly watch and one of my most prized possessions.

Looie wants to wear it to the bars. Hasn't happened yet.

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Attached Images
compare golds.jpg

Old starsongmemory

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 44
starsongmemory is on a distinguished road

Rodent right (ain't he always)
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 01-18-04 , 02:11 AM

Pink, rose, red gold seems to vary from a very light near-yellow (peh! might as well **be** yellow gold), to the gorgeous deeper "red" gold (which I usually describe as a very deep, rich rose gold) It's my absolute favorite metal! The deeper richer colors can sometimes be found in antique jewelry.
Custom jewelers should have no problem adding more copper to alloy if requested.

Old mira

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (7)
Feedback In: 
+7  0
Feedback Out:
+5  0

My Classifieds

My Collection

My Karma

It's so cool
Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 01-19-04 , 10:23 PM

it really is neat, oh well, too many cool ideas too little money i should have skipped med school and learned how make jewelry

Old DavidEmslie

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 42
DavidEmslie is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=217, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 02-08-04 , 09:29 PM

Hi, I cast red gold or rose gold wedding rings all the time, its nice stuff, you cant get it any more red than normal copper though, however mixed with gold it has the luster of gold. Its nice, great for people with a more olive skin color, hence why it is used as a normal alloy in Eastern Europe, not quite rose, but more red, most people who only wear silver and look bad with yellow gold, look great with a rose gold band.

Old jackmark

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
jackmark is on a distinguished road

Re: red gold?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 05-12-11 , 02:36 AM

Gold itself is a yellow metallic element but, in its pure form, it is too soft to be used for general jewellery purposes, although there are some cultures which do wear pure gold jewellery, it would need to be heavily made and carefully used. The yellow colour of gold is caused by gold absorbing violet and blue light, but reflecting yellow and red light.

Read Messages in: Mineralogy All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Green Gold by afogd
Up a Topic Green Gold posted in Mineralogy by afogd
Older:
Down a Topic Help me identify these copper mine minerals by Amatrine
Down a Topic Amateur Seeking Enlightenment posted in Greet New Members by DiamondWhit