Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old jefe86

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
jefe86 is on a distinguished road

Help ID Antique Asian Rings?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-20-10 , 10:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me with this ring. I recently bought it from a friend who acquired an antique dresser. I was crammed in the back and fairly damaged. They were going to sell it to one of those "cash for gold" shops, but I saved it from the meltdown (hopefully a good choice). I paid him $100 for it. I weighed it today and it was 9.2 grams. The jewelry store I took it to thinks it is between 22k and 24k. It appears handmade (where the band connects is kind of an overlapping where it is sealed together and has no marking of any kind on it, and it is broken. I'm hoping someone might be able to recognize the symbols on the front.
I also bought the second ring in the picture. It is stamped 10K and has small diamond on one side. Markings on the inside appear to read AMORG and below maybe SF. They were both found in the same spot hidden in the back of the dresser, perhaps they are from the similar origins. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Images
015.JPG 017.JPG 013.JPG

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old jefe86

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
jefe86 is on a distinguished road

Masonic?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-21-10 , 02:33 AM

Actually now that I've taken a picture of the 10K and step back and think about it, that one looks like it might be masonic. It has the triangle with a diamond in the center (all seeing eye) and a arrow or trowel on the other side (which I think is also a masonic symbol). Maybe the center is some kind of signet and not actually foreight writing or design like I initially thought?

Read Messages in: Antique and Estate Jewelry All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Advice on estate ring purchase by shestheone
Up a Topic Hello from Canada and now China posted in Greet New Members by tibetanempress
Older:
Down a Topic 14k JTC 969 stamped ring by jeffandaceland
Down a Topic HIIIii posted in Greet New Members by ataamb