Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Sam164

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Sam164 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#26 @ 07-01-03 , 02:13 PM

I heard that those months can be really hot. We were actually tossing around the idea of pushing our wedding back to November to avoid a really hot day. What is the weather like in Nov?

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 85
sweet7696 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#27 @ 07-01-03 , 02:40 PM

I'm not sure! I would guess that it would be pretty nice during the day (maybe 60s and 70s) and a bit cooler at night.. Weather is just so unpredictable.. Just don't go during Thanksgiving week... I hear it gets pretty crowded during that time!
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old Sixcatstoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
Sixcatstoo is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#28 @ 07-01-03 , 05:17 PM

We've used the area by the water several times in late August and early December. We haven't been rained out yet but we may have just been lucky. I have been told that there is a room in the UK with a view of the show in case of rain. Usually by nightime the weather in the summer isn't too bad. We've gone in early December and swam and returned two weeks later wearing winter coats! I'm thinking that we went into the area to sit at around 8:00pm.

Another idea might be to rent the Grand1 Yacht from the Grand Floridian for a reception. You could time it to the Magic Kingdom fireworks and have a beautiful view of the hotels and castle.

Last edited by Sixcatstoo : 07-01-03 at 05:20 PM.
Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#29 @ 07-01-03 , 05:29 PM

I just rec'd the video from WDW ....however, there were no additional materials Should I have gotten a packet of information? Or do I have to contact my sales person for that info?

I was hoping to get some info on all my options like the Grand Yacht that sixcatstoo mentioned. I didn't even know that was something I could choose for a reception.

Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#30 @ 07-01-03 , 05:33 PM

Oh wait! It looks like I didn't get the planning materials packet. I just checked yourfairytale.com and saw what I should expect. I was so excited, I'll just have to keep waiting

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#31 @ 07-01-03 , 05:44 PM

Err... I think you have to wait until your 8 month mark for you planning packet, but I'm not sure.. It won't include any dining options, as far as I know.. If you want to get creative and do something on the Grand One (which is totally possible. A good friend of mine did it) or an Illuminations party, you will have to contact the Grand Floridian Private Dining (for the yacht) or Epcot Events (I think that's what it's called) for the Illuminations party.. I think Andrea has the Epcot contact info on her site.. Not positive though.. I forgot if you said you joined the Disneymooners or not. If you haven't, do it! LOL!! You can ask them for all your options, because they know more than I do about it..

Sixcatstoo,
You must go to Disney a lot! You lucky gal!!!!! I would love to go to Disney all the time!!!!
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#32 @ 07-01-03 , 05:51 PM

I did join disneymooners, except I can't access it from work.....those damn firewalls!

I've just started to muddle through some of the stuff I've gotten. My home computer is sooo slow. I wish I could get into it at work, I've got an awesome computer & fast! I guess I just need an entire day to glue myself to my home computer and get all my questions answered ...wishful thinking!

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#33 @ 07-01-03 , 06:15 PM

I would just make a post saying, "Hey Intimate Brides!" and start asking away.. Someone should be able to help you out... I've got a friend who is the Intimate wedding queen.. LOL! She isn't on Disneymooners anymore, but I could see if she would answer your questions.. She knows all about the private dining thing at the Grand Floridian.. She's the one who used the yacht (she used this for desserts I think; she had her dinner at Victoria & Albert's private room)...
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old Sixcatstoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
Sixcatstoo is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#34 @ 07-01-03 , 06:25 PM

Have you considered getting married on a Disney cruise? I think that runs about $1200 over the price for the cruise.

For info on the Grand 1: Grand Floridian Marina at (407) 824-2439 for information/reservations. 24-hour cancellation notice

I love Disneyworld. We go at least twice a year. I get more excited than the kids

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Sixcatstoo
Quote this post and reply to it Post#35 @ 07-01-03 , 09:47 PM

You are so lucky!!! I would love to go twice a year! Hell, I'd love to go once a year!!! I'm begging to go next May, but we'll see.. Gotta save up some cash first!
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old phoenixgirl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
phoenixgirl is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#36 @ 09-21-03 , 08:40 PM

I had a friend do this at the Boardwalk. She had a small wedding for about 15 guests in the pavillion and it turned out beautifully.

Might I also recommend the Boardwalk for your accomodations during the wedding/honeymoon. I've stayed at various Disney resorts and this is by far my FAVORITE. My favorite room is 4259, in the corner overlooking the bay. You can see fireworks from the Magic Kingdom directly in front of you and Illuminations off to the right.

I can't imagine a more magical place for a ceremony!

Old disneybride2005

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
disneybride2005 is on a distinguished road

Wyndham
Quote this post and reply to it Post#37 @ 12-29-03 , 03:20 PM

Just wondering what the packages for wyndham included and what price were you quoted. when you say that disney would allow you to marry there, does that include all of the disney package options? I am planning a disney wedding for June 2005. My plans right now are for the yacht club gazebo, but I just learned about Wyndham and am kind of curious. Do you know where there may be better pictures of the ceremony sites?
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam164
Thanks for all the info.

Does anyone know of other Disney resorts to have the ceremony and reception at. I've been looking into the Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa. I was told by WDW that I could have my intimate wedding there if I wanted to because it is a Disney Resort. However, I did receive info from the hotel itself and the wedding package they offer. It of course doesn't offer all the things the intimate package offers, however, it is much cheaper and includes a private dinner reception which is something I was concerned about. Any suggestions?

The intimate package doesn't include dinner and it sounds like we would have to make reservations at a local/resort restaurant and use a "priority seating" ticket. Does anyone know anything about this? It sounds like our party will have to wait with everyone else to get seated. Plus, from everything I read, you cannot wear wedding attire at most of the restaurants...which of course I want to wear. If I'm going to do the dinner reception at a restaurant, then I definetly want a private dining area and am not sure who offers both things.

Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#38 @ 01-05-04 , 11:22 AM

I wasn't quoted a price, however, if you call them directly, they will send you a package of information. That's what I did. Unfortunately soon after I requested the info, we decided not to have a disney wedding and I threw everything away. I do remember mentioning it to the sales person I spoke to at WDW and she said working with the wyndham would not be a problem. Sorry I couldn't be more help to you.

Old Bella

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Bella is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#39 @ 01-07-04 , 06:54 PM

This is Universal but I just stayed there in November http://royalpacificresort.orland o...servations.com/ and it is so nice.
I could imagine being married there, and tons of places to dine including emeril's polynesian style.

I'll look for pics of the court yrad, but orchids everywhere you look and great staff.

Read Messages in: Planning a Wedding All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Possible to Negotiate Reception Site Fees by vtbio99
Up a Topic do deeper cuts show more color face up posted in DIAMONDS by Raech
Older:
Down a Topic Need Wedding Site in Chicago area by carrieg
Down a Topic What do think of this diamond posted in DIAMONDS by computerguy