Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old jules4177

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
jules4177 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-15-03 , 01:30 PM

Hi,

I've posted a few times on Diamond Talk, but this is my first post on Wedding Talk and I'd appreciate some feedback.

My fiance and I got engaged a few months ago and we own a house together. I'm in my late 30s, so when we got engaged, we decided we'd start trying for a baby before my body says it's too late.

Happily, I'm pregnant! (I'm just a few weeks along.)

But we're having trouble deciding about when to have the wedding. My fiance would like us to get married before the baby, while I'm leaning toward waiting until after the baby to have the wedding.

Is is possible to put together a nice wedding for 100 guests by the end of the year? Will I have enough energy in my first trimester to make all the arrangements (because I will likely be the one to handle them)?

We considered getting married at the courthouse next month, then having a reception/party after the baby arrives next summer...is that too long between the events?

I'd appreciate any helpful advice or suggestions you can offer.

Thanks!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old MavMom

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 74
MavMom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-15-03 , 03:11 PM

Jules, my husband proposed to me on Christmas eve, and we put together a wedding (dresses, tuxes, etc.) that happened on New Year's Eve morning that same year. We planned everything in one week.

We had known each other for over ten years when we got married, so we did not rush into marriage. However, the timing was right (family and relatives all close by and available), so we decided to go for it.

We had 120+ guests, a church ceremony and a reception all before the evening which hubby and I spent strolling along the Riverwalk in San Antonio and watching the fireworks at midnight.

MavMom

Old jules4177

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
jules4177 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-15-03 , 04:42 PM

WOW! That's amazing and impressive!
Did you invite your guests by phone? Did they tell you right away if they were coming?
Did you have a dinner reception?
What about flowers?
Any tips you have on how you accomplished this would be greatly appreciated. (If you discussed all the details in a previous post, please let me know.)
Thanks for your response.

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 167
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-15-03 , 06:40 PM

I guess I'm old fashioned (much preferring to see marriage before the arrival of a baby) so I like the idea of your getting married at the courthouse as soon as possible, and then having a big, fun party at the time you feel most comfortable with.
Good luck to you, and health & happiness to your growing family.

Old MavMom

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 74
MavMom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 10-15-03 , 07:03 PM

Jules, I PM'd you.

MavMom

Old debinsandiego

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 71
debinsandiego is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 10-15-03 , 07:12 PM

My fiance and I were engaged ... um ... Sept of 2002. We didn't set our date until Aug of 2003 for this past Sept!! In less than two month's, we put together a small wedding, beach front ceremony, (a bit of luck to get that permit), and a dinner reception, flowers, a top rate photographer, guitarist, dinner reception at a ritzy place with an ocean view... Long story as to why we did it that way, but it involved having part of his family moving to Italy on short notice. That was our last chance to get both families together. So we did it.

One hint, if you're not too picky, do a mid-week wedding, you will get EVERY vendor you want. NO ONE, OK, almost no one, get's married on a Thursday afternoon. Execpt for my husband and I.

I'd say, go for it. Do the wedding NOW. There is so much planning stress, I just can't see doing it with a baby. Also, if you plan the wedding for this month or next, or even New Years, then the planning stress will be "over" with quickly.

Good luck and let us know what you do.

debinsandiego signature
Asscher Addict
Read Messages in: Wedding Issues All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Pre Nup Agreement by confusedwife
Up a Topic Cost for diamond re cutting posted in DIAMONDS by Horizon
Older:
Down a Topic Where to buy a diamond ring US or Canada by apkesh
Down a Topic Help me See posted in DIAMONDS by msumner