Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old diamondangel

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
diamondangel is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#101 @ 09-28-01 , 06:43 PM

Must be the full moon!

Old Itbit

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 167
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#102 @ 09-28-01 , 07:23 PM

rodentman, my ornament in my car is glass. I think that all Austrian crystals (especially the small faceted ornaments) are glass. Correct me if I'm wrong: I'm not sure that I know what I'm talking about :-)

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 201
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#103 @ 09-28-01 , 07:43 PM

Yeah, those ornaments are glass, lead crystal at best. Technically illegal in my state to hang one from the mirror. My son got stopped for hanging an air freshener there. Long story, that one.

Wacky thread? Perhaps.

Rodentman goes to war:

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 167
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#104 @ 09-28-01 , 08:44 PM

LOL! I think my cat has finally met her match!
Itbit, a Siamese-alley cat mutt, prowls my rural property obsessed with its healthy rodent population.

Old dogbert

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 85
dogbert is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#105 @ 09-30-01 , 09:27 AM

Paul-Antwerp makes an excellent point:
Quote:
a combination of a few small stones generally creates more brilliance and fire than the same size in one stone, because you get a higher overall diameter, which catches more light to be played with.

We had four of the A Cut Above small h&a's over here at one point (0.24s and 0.33s), and their appearance together was extraordinary...more net brilliance and fire than my wife's 1.12 LK solitaire. A five-stone band with these is definitely on our shopping list in the future.

Old Gemmar

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 73
Gemmar is on a distinguished road

Atlantah
Quote this post and reply to it Post#106 @ 10-01-01 , 02:47 AM

My comment about the national average of a center stone in an engagement ring is from the AGS "Way Course", Lesson 7, published in 1999, although I do not believe it takes "plain gold wedding bands" with out diamonds which are not engagement rings into it's average it is very likely that it does take "teen rings" or "promise rings" into account for the simple reason that these rings are by a very simple definition nothing more than solitaire diamond rings. What I am about to type is exactly how it appears from the way course. "The diamonds used in jewelry range from approximately 1/2 point to more than 100 carats, but the majority range between 5 points and 1 carat. In the U.S., the average size for diamond engagement ring center stones is now aproximately 18 points". If you would like I would be more than happy to Xerox copy this from the book and fax it to you. This average almost certainly has everything to do with Walmart, Service Merchandise, K-mart and any other source "QVC" is a good example, where non-educated consumers purchase diamond jewelry. I do not believe that it accurately depicts the average center stone of the people who post on this site. Who are probably less then one tenth of one percent of the people who wear what could be defined as an engagement ring in this country.

Old Gemmar

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Gemmar is on a distinguished road

Diamond Certificates
Quote this post and reply to it Post#107 @ 10-01-01 , 03:01 AM

Shelby,
The AGS offers three types of diamond reports. They are the DC, that only cover color and clarity along with a simple plot, which are very inexpensive. DQR's which are diamond quality reports which are like the tri-fold reports that GIA offers, and DQD's, which are diamond quality documents which also grade cut quality. All AGS triple O's come with this report. It is the most expensive document they issue, and it is hardcovered.

Old atalantah

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 84
atalantah is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#108 @ 10-01-01 , 08:35 PM

Hi Gemmar,

Thanks for responding. Faxing won't be necessary, I trust where you are taking the information from, but thank you for offering.

The average just surprises me. I thought the average would be more in the range of .33 ct. - .44 ct. Maybe I am thinking more of the mode, which I believe is the most frequently appearing number (I'm wishing I paid more attention in statistics).

I agree that most people on this forum are more educated in the ways of the diamond than the average public, which I think is a good thing. I don't think this necessarily means that people on this forum wear larger stones, I think they just want to know more about the diamond they are buying and want a quality well cut stone. I also think there are diamond enthusiasts, like yourself, who just plain love diamonds and love to respectfully (most of the time) talk about them here! I am one of them.

atalantah signature
AtAlantah
Old adamrick

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
adamrick is on a distinguished road

niceice/smaller quality diamonds
Quote this post and reply to it Post#109 @ 11-04-01 , 03:18 AM

niceice.com lists some smaller well-cut diamonds.

e.g. .303 F VS1 60.3/56 AGS 000.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic GIA CERT VS INDEPEN APPRAISER by Help_Wanted
Up a Topic GIA CERT VS INDEPEN APPRAISER posted in DIAMONDS by Help_Wanted
Older:
Down a Topic is there a recommended appraiser within a few hours of me by Llkdfe
Down a Topic is there a recommended appraiser within a few hours of me posted in DIAMONDS by Llkdfe