Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Great big YG lion ring.

My Karma
Power: 92
Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future
Hits: Out=677, In=0

Re: Passionate about fancy colors
Quote this post and reply to it Post#251 @ 04-01-07 , 01:16 AM

And quite possibly my favorite lot from the sale, a 9.39-carat blue, with a color, spread and make nearly identical to the Hope Diamond.

I think it looks a little peculiar in this ring. I'd have to see it in person before I committed to that, however. Based on this photo, I'd have pictured this ring with a pink, yellow or brown center diamond. Or maybe a lighter blue. Educated guess: The diamond also appears to lack a culet facet, which is odd considering the proportions and make of the diamond indicate it should have one, so I'm thinking maybe the pavilion was slightly recut to eliminate it.

Sale: Title MAGNIFICENT JEWELS
Lot Number: 0255 Sale Number 1826
Lot Title: A COLORED DIAMOND RING

Estimate Estimate On Request [I'm betting at least $2.25 to $2.75 million.]
Pre-lot Text: THE PROPERTY OF A COLLECTOR
Lot Description: A COLORED DIAMOND RING
Set with a cushion-cut fancy deep grayish blue diamond, weighing approximately 9.39 carats, within a pavé-set pink diamond surround and half-hoop, mounted in 18k rose gold.
With report 14730902 dated 28 September 2006 from the Gemological Institute of America stating that the diamond is fancy deep grayish blue, natural color, VS2 clarity

Attached Images
Unnamed 9.39-carat FD grayish-blue diamond.jpg

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#252 @ 04-01-07 , 01:24 AM

Lot Number: 0205 Sale Number 1826
Lot Title: A COLORED DIAMOND RING

Estimate: $150,000 - $250,000 U.S. dollars
Pre-lot Text: THE PROPERTY OF A LADY
Lot Description: A COLORED DIAMOND RING
Set with a marquise-cut Fancy Orangy-Pink diamond, weighing approximately 5.54 carats, to the circular-cut diamond basket and shoulders, mounted in platinum.
With report 15684901 dated 30 January 2007 from the Gemological Institute of America stating that the diamond is Fancy Orangy-Pink, natural color, SI1 clarity.

Attached Images
fancy orangy pink.jpg

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#253 @ 04-01-07 , 01:27 AM

For a treated green, I was fairly impressed by this one, or at least by its photo, I mean. Same sale as everything else back to the yellow pear trio.

Lot Number: 0204 Sale Number 1826
Lot Title: A TREATED COLORED DIAMOND RING

Estimate: $8,000 - $12,000 U.S. dollars
Lot Description: A TREATED COLORED DIAMOND RING
Set with a pear-shaped treated green diamond, weighing approximately 4.32 carats, within a circular and baguette-cut diamond two-tiered undulating surround, mounted in platinum, (ring mount can be removed and worn as a pendant)

Attached Images
treated green.jpg

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#254 @ 04-01-07 , 01:50 AM

The total weight on this looks like its between 30 and 40 carats. Lovely design

Sale Title: MAGNIFICENT JEWELS
Lot Number: 0225, Sale Number 1826
Lot Title: A COLORED DIAMOND BRACELET
Estimate: $150,000 - $200,000 U.S. dollars
Pre-lot: Text THE PROPERTY OF A LADY
Lot Description: A COLORED DIAMOND BRACELET
Centering upon an oval-cut yellow diamond, weighing approximately 6.04 carats, flanked on either side by a pear, oval and circular-cut diamond cluster, to the alternating circular and oval-cut yellow diamond and diamond link band, mounted in 18k gold, 6 inches. (Center yellow diamond and the two side oval-cut yellow diamonds laser drilled.)

Attached Images
yellow bracelet.jpg

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#255 @ 04-01-07 , 01:54 AM

Lot Number: 0223 Sale Number 1826
Lot Title: A PAIR OF COLORED DIAMOND EAR PENDANTS

Estimate: $200,000 - $300,000 U.S. dollars
Lot Description: A PAIR OF COLORED DIAMOND EAR PENDANTS
Each suspending a pear-shaped yellow diamond, weighing approximately 12.13 and 12.15 carats, joined by an oval-cut diamond link, to the modified rectangular-cut [radiant-cut] yellow diamond surmount, weighing approximately 2.15 and 3.05 carats each, mounted in gold.

Attached Images
year pear earrings.jpg

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#256 @ 04-01-07 , 02:07 AM

I'd probably leave this diamond in its current ring, or transfer the stones into a new ring with "beefier" metalwork to make it more practical. It looks fairly delicate.

Location: New York, Rockefeller Plaza Sale Date Apr 25th, 2007
Lot Number: 0239, Sale Number 1826
Lot Title: AN ANTIQUE COLORED DIAMOND RING
Estimate: $350,000 - $500,000 U.S. dollars
Lot Description: AN ANTIQUE COLORED DIAMOND RING
Set with a cushion-cut Fancy Green diamond, weighing approximately 3.19 carats, within an old mine-cut diamond cluster surround, to the 18k gold engraved closed back and hoop, mounted in silver-topped gold, circa 1860, with French importation marks.
With report 14159793 dated February 16th, 2005 from the Gemological Institute of America stating that the diamond is Fancy Green color, natural color.

Attached Images
green old miner.jpg

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#257 @ 04-01-07 , 02:50 AM

Gorgeous, gorgeous stone, but the girdle is too exposed. I'd put it in a different ring, maybe a double-half-bezel (north and south).

Lot Number: 0227, Sale Number 1826
Lot Title: AN IMPORTANT COLORED DIAMOND RING, BY CARTIER
Estimate: $550,000 - $650,000 U.S. dollars
Pre-lot Text: THE PROPERTY OF A LADY
Lot Description AN IMPORTANT COLORED DIAMOND RING, BY CARTIER
Set with a rectangular-cut fancy intense yellow diamond, weighing approximately 25.31 carats, flanked on either side by a shield-shaped diamond, mounted in 18k gold, in a Cartier red leather case
Signed Cartier, no. 868259A.
With report 10403506 dated December 15th, 2006 from the Gemological Institute of America stating that the diamond is fancy intense yellow, natural color, VVS2 clarity.

Attached Images
big yellow ring.jpg

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#258 @ 06-02-07 , 03:51 AM

Here are the results from that April 25th Christies NYC Magnificent Jewels sale.

Lot 259 - The trio of large yellow pears, estimate was $1,250,000 to $1,500,000. Sold: $1,664,000

Lot 256 - The 1.59-carat red radiant-cut diamond, estimate was $600,000 to $800,000. Sold: $958,400.

Lot 255 - The 9.39-carat Fancy Deep Grayish-Blue cushion-shape diamond, estimate was on request and my guess was something like $2.25 to $2.75 million. Sold: $2,392,000.

Lot 205 - The 5.54-carat Fancy Orangy-Pink marquise-cut diamond, estimate was $150,000 to $250,000. Sold: $324,000.

Lot 204 - The 4.32-carat irradiated green pear-shape diamond, estimate was $8000 to $12,000. Sold: $26,400.

Lot 225 - The yellow and white diamond bracelet, estimate was $150,000 - $200,000. Unsold.

Lot 223 - Earrings with large yellow pear-shape diamonds, estimate was $200,000 to $300,000. Unsold.

Lot 239 - 3.19-carat Fancy Green Old Mine cut diamond, estimate was $350,000 to $500,000. Unsold.

Lot 227 - Emerald-cut Fancy Intense Yellow diamond weighing 25.31 carats, estimate was $550,000 - $650,000. Sold: $824,000

Lot

Old Noam

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Noam is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#259 @ 10-26-09 , 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemGoddess
Ooooooh... I like-ie, I like-ie. Somebody show me a blue one...

GemGoddess, i changed my avatar and profile pic especially for you...

Old herriscalvin

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
herriscalvin is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#260 @ 11-12-09 , 01:26 PM

OOH !!! This is a fantastic show of Extra ordinary diamond Display..
I am Fascinate by sheer beauty of this precious stone...
Does all this r lab diamond..? or some of r natural one..??
I Love the blue one most...

Old Noam

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Noam is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#261 @ 11-12-09 , 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herriscalvin
OOH !!! This is a fantastic show of Extra ordinary diamond Display..
I am Fascinate by sheer beauty of this precious stone...
Does all this r lab diamond..? or some of r natural one..??
I Love the blue one most...

There is nothing like the real deal!
I think that if you go fancy, go natural.

Old ginofrater

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
ginofrater is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing.
Quote this post and reply to it Post#262 @ 01-17-12 , 05:01 AM

Can a have some tips on diamond photos?

Merci !
Thanks!

Old bluewhite

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light

Quote this post and reply to it Post#263 @ 10-02-14 , 05:15 AM

Hi

Does anybody know what the price of a natural fancy green 1.50 cushion VS1 is more or less. I'm going to start manufacturing the rough stone which I bought straight from a mine so I know it'll probably finish intense fancy green. It'll be sent to GIA America for colour authentication but I don't have a clue what the value of a stone like this could be

Old bluewhite

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light bluewhite is a glorious beacon of light

fancy green
Quote this post and reply to it Post#264 @ 10-02-14 , 05:19 AM

Hi

Does anybody know what the price of a natural fancy green 1.50 cushion VS1 is more or less. I'm going to start manufacturing the rough stone which I bought straight from a mine so I know it'll probably finish intense fancy green. It'll be sent to GIA America for colour authentication but I don't have a clue what the value of a stone like this could be

Read Messages in: Diamonds Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
This is the first topic
Up a Topic Does Yellow Gold Band change Diamond Color posted in DIAMONDS by chasetringale
Older:
Down a Topic What do you think by fantabulator
Down a Topic Fancy green diamond posted in DIAMONDS by bluewhite