Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old tishtoo

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
tishtoo is on a distinguished road

Re: Ladies,
Quote this post and reply to it Post#126 @ 06-04-03 , 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamuelamom
don't you all think it is so tacky to be discussing SUVs on a DIAMOND thread?

LOL!

Yep! That's why I put something along the lines of "laughing while typing". LOL!

editted to add: cool car, itbit!

Last edited by tishtoo : 06-04-03 at 05:46 PM.
Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 168
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#127 @ 06-04-03 , 05:52 PM

Thank you...and I like peridots, too.

Old Bagpuss

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 86
Bagpuss will become famous soon enough Bagpuss will become famous soon enough
Hits: Out=0, In=1
Referrals: 2

Quote this post and reply to it Post#128 @ 06-04-03 , 06:00 PM

Whoa, with that colour you're never going to lose it in a car park

Bagpuss signature
Bagpuss
Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#129 @ 06-04-03 , 06:04 PM

That's for sure, and hopefully it will help prevent drivers from crashing into me.

Old Bagpuss

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#130 @ 06-04-03 , 06:27 PM

I never thought of that! Sadly it wouldn't prevent me from crashing into them.

Bagpuss signature
Bagpuss
Old GemGoddess

My Profile
View profile photo
Diamond : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: my new wedding set

My Karma
Power: 90
GemGoddess is just really nice GemGoddess is just really nice GemGoddess is just really nice GemGoddess is just really nice
Hits: Out=3892, In=85
Referrals: 1

Re: awwwwww...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#131 @ 06-04-03 , 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by canarycrazy
Speaking of tabloids: If you ladies watch "Sex and the City", i find myself relating to Miranda (redhead) most of all, with a mile-wide streak of Samantha (the man-eating one).

I've watched that show religiously since the first episode, and several of my best friends and I have decided that you can describe ANY woman using percentages of which SATC character makes them up. Like 'So-and-So is 45% Charlotte, 40% Carrie, 10% Miranda and 5% Samantha'. It really works..try it...

(I think we decided I am about 55% Samantha, 40% Miranda and 5% Charlotte)

GemGoddess signature
Stephanie M. Leonard, G.G.
Old Kamuelamom

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Kamuelamom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#132 @ 06-04-03 , 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagpuss
Sadly it wouldn't prevent me from crashing into them.

Bwa hahahahaha! Bagpuss, you have joined the ranks of drivers such as Suching and myself...

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#133 @ 06-04-03 , 08:33 PM

Hmmm. I'm 0% Samantha.
Not what you'd call a predatory tigress, I guess :-)

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#134 @ 06-04-03 , 08:37 PM

This one is about 67% Samantha even though she's spayed. Lie on my couch and you'll have to tell her "No!"

Last edited by Itbit : 06-04-03 at 08:42 PM.
Attached Images
9-19-02 034sm2.jpg

Old canarycrazy

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
canarycrazy is on a distinguished road

hey, check it out
Quote this post and reply to it Post#135 @ 06-04-03 , 09:36 PM

Go to Ivillage.com, to quizes, and sure enough, there is a quiez on "Which one of the ladies are you". Somehow, according to my answears, i turned out to be Carrie, and my husband thinks so, too. I still like Samantha. That woman is straight-forward no-nonsense chick!
By the way, Kamuelamom, i think i'm the only one who got your irony in your post. My thoghts exactly, hehhhee

Old IssaArmstrong

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 70
IssaArmstrong is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#136 @ 06-04-03 , 09:56 PM

Itbit!

Please tell me about that gorgeous little beast! Breed, name, personality, etc!!!

Old canarycrazy

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
canarycrazy is on a distinguished road

i might be getting a puppy
Quote this post and reply to it Post#137 @ 06-04-03 , 10:02 PM

My husband fell in love with a curly, petite blond. He wants to call her "shnookums" and take her driving everywher he goes. Should i be worried?
(she is a white toy poodle that he absolutely has to have now. I'm amazed. Before he was a rottweiler guy...What have i done to the man?)

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#138 @ 06-04-03 , 11:33 PM

Thank you, IssaArmstrong.
Her name is Skippy and she is a Keeshond. She has a sweet, gentle personality. She likes cats and views them as allies. We adopted her when she was almost 3 and now she is 9. Before we got her, she used to be a show dog who lived in a kennel, so now she has a much better life as a loved, spayed house dog.

Last edited by Itbit : 06-04-03 at 11:34 PM.
Old IssaArmstrong

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 70
IssaArmstrong is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#139 @ 06-05-03 , 02:47 AM

But she is so fluffy and shuggy and looks so small (maybe it is the perspective)! I have always seen keeshonds as shorhairs-or am I crazy?

We adopted a black chow-chow from a rescue association and he is a love! We say he is made of "velvet, sunshine, and love" because of his demeanor. He bonded so well with us.

We also found out to our delight that he knows over 20 commands! He knew the usuals, and one day when I was about to give him a treat, I noticed his foot twitch, so I tried "shake" and he did! He knew it and I didn't! Just a few months ago I tried "Give me five" and he tapped my open hand!!!

He makes us look like such good parents, but we get the credit and didn't train him!!!

Old Bagpuss

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#140 @ 06-05-03 , 04:32 AM

Itbit

Your dog has such a pretty face. And 9 years old! She looks like a puppy.

Bagpuss signature
Bagpuss
Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#141 @ 06-05-03 , 12:33 PM

Thank you. She has all the spunk she had as a young dog, except she doesn't pull on the leash as much as she used to. She actually isn't small---she's a medium-sized dog who weighs about 35 pounds.
My friends had a male named Coco, and that's how I fell in love with the breed. I had also noticed that their house had no dog odor at all. It turns out that because of their unusual skin and fur, Keeshonds will not cause even a trace of doggie odor in the house. They are also known to have great dispositions.
Though the coat looks formidable, a comb-out session at home twice a week, and a bath once a month keeps her in fine form. I clip the fur on her legs sometimes. She never goes to a groomer.

Old Divacd

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 66
Divacd is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#142 @ 06-05-03 , 11:49 PM

Gee whiz, I feel like I started the wayward turn of this topic with my post about my engagement ring. Afterall, if you look back that was when Synicgrrl first criticized me. Thank you everyone for jumping in, I truly didn't think I needed to justify my life style to her, but it's offensive when people who don't know you, judge you so critically. I feel bad still that I've caused all this animosity, having only joined last week and all. Why can't we all just live the lives we want and are able to without any judgement. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I don't think that I am better than anyone just because of the size of my ring or bank account, it's just the way my life turned out. I love a big diamond, am able to get one, so why not?

I hope everyone here wears their rings with love and pride no matter what size. Afterall, the most important person your ring needs to "impress" is you.

I will post a pic of my ring when I get used to my digital camera, can't really zoom that close, hmmmmm, must be doing something wrong. Oh well, I'll let you all know.

P.S. I love everyone's rings that I've seen so far, and they are all different and beautiful in their own way as we all are. How boring would the world be if everyone was the same and wore the same ring?!!! YIKES! I don't even want to think about it!

Old Bagpuss

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#143 @ 06-06-03 , 04:34 AM

Dicacd

Don't worry yourself about the direction this thread took. You were just the unlucky guy that Synicgrrl chose to have a go at, but it could have been anyone. Her issues are her problem, not yours. This type of arguement has cropped up here on DT before and I'm sure it will again.

There's never likely to be a clear cut answer to Synicgrrl's philosophical questions about life etc on a forum like this. She would do better to read the teachings of the world's major religions if she really wants an answer to her questions. She's far more likely to find peace in her life in the words of the Bible or the Koran.

All we can do is wish her well in finding her own way, as we all must do.

Bagpuss signature
Bagpuss
Old coachdiva

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 69
coachdiva is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#144 @ 06-07-03 , 01:23 AM

Well I am a trophy wife and I don't care. Bleached blonde, mercedes driving, blah, blah, blah...... Who cares, bigger is better.

Old Musthave

My Profile
Sapphire : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Musthave is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#145 @ 06-07-03 , 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by coachdiva
Well I am a trophy wife and I don't care. Bleached blonde, mercedes driving, blah, blah, blah...... Who cares, bigger is better.

Nice to see you around Coachdiva. How are the wedding plans coming? Did you get your ering yet?

Old coachdiva

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 69
coachdiva is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#146 @ 06-07-03 , 01:22 PM

We have finally, finally, finally picked the setting and it is being made and I think we may have found the stone. How are you? Are you feeding that baby miracle grow? I just changed companies so I need to send you my new email address.

Old Divacd

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 66
Divacd is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#147 @ 06-08-03 , 01:49 AM

Thanks again Bagpuss, you're so super sweet!

Coachdiva, you are an inspiration. I am viewed as the ultimate "trophy" girlfriend (although, I'm not blond, I'm asian), boyfriend does spoil the heck out of me, but he does this on his own. I must admit, I am materialistic and love nice things, but I never demand them or put others down for not having them. I don't do it to show off, to me LV and Gucci are beautiful and make me feel good, I like big diamonds, and BMWs, it's as simple as that. I really need to learn how to not care so much when people judge me. I mean, I've been with him for almost 9 years and there was a time when I couldn't even imagine owning a brand-name anything, so I get alittle riled when people say I am only with him for his money! Just wanted to say you go Coachdiva! You tell 'em!

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Clarity Enhancement Ideal Cuts and eBay by Lizzy
Up a Topic Clarity Enhancement Ideal Cuts and eBay posted in DIAMONDS by Lizzy
Older:
Down a Topic I want a custom made ring but I don t know what I m doing by KyungHei
Down a Topic soooooo upset posted in About Weddings by coachdiva