Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

View Poll Results: How much did you pay for your engagement ring
< $1,000 32 6.60%
$1,000 - $1,999 37 7.63%
$2,000 - $2,999 28 5.77%
$3,000 - $4,999 74 15.26%
$5,000 - $7,499 90 18.56%
$7,500 - $9,999 66 13.61%
$10,000 - $14,999 72 14.85%
$15,000 - $19,999 31 6.39%
> $20,000 45 9.28%
I bought it more than 20 yrs ago and inflation has changed 10 2.06%
Voters: 485. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply New Thread

Old diamondluvr708

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
diamondluvr708 has much to be proud of diamondluvr708 has much to be proud of diamondluvr708 has much to be proud of diamondluvr708 has much to be proud of diamondluvr708 has much to be proud of diamondluvr708 has much to be proud of diamondluvr708 has much to be proud of diamondluvr708 has much to be proud of

Re: POLL - How much did you pay for your engagement ring - revised
Quote this post and reply to it Post#101 @ 09-24-05 , 05:26 PM

My first e ring given to me by my hubby was 8900 for the stone, and 9700 altogether w/ the plat setting. It was a 1.22/E/VS1, very clean & brilliant. Recently, for our 5 yr anniversary, we traded in the diamond at the same place where he'd bought the original stone and upgraded to 1.85/F/VS2. It's in a new pave setting, and I just love it. I think as long as your hubby is involved & wants you to be happy, that's what matters. I did have a few days of buyers remorse where I wondered if I was doing the right thing by trading in the original stone. But now that I have the new ring, I feel just as happy & blessed w/ it as I did with the first one.

Old gemologygal

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 98
gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=0, In=1

Re: POLL - How much did you pay for your engagement ring - revised
Quote this post and reply to it Post#102 @ 09-30-05 , 11:17 PM

My first engagement ring from my first husband was in the $10,000 ballpark range. It was a .84 RB, F SI1 in a Scott Kay setting that had two smaller RB on the side. It was a pretty ring and I enjoyed wearing it and the matching band, however it was not what I had imagined as my dream ring (plus I think he overpaid). At the time, he had an interesting combo of intentions when he gave it to me: He obviously first and most importantly gave the ring to me with love, but he also wanted his coworkers and friends to be impressed with where he bought it (I can say that because he had a very showy personality and he had an affinity for brand names). Overall, I was very grateful to have been given a nice ring.

After we divorced, I held onto that wedding set but didn't know exactly what I wanted to do with it. After a lot of thought, I sold the set to a couple where the girl had seen my posted pic of it and wrote to me to tell me that that set was her exact dream set. She and her BF wanted to purchase the rings, so I sold it knowing that it made someone else extremely happy. That engagement ring ended up in good hands, no pun intended.

My dream ring has been thought about for so many years, that I can admit I would be disappointed if the next e-ring is not what I envision. I am lucky right now to be seriously invovled with someone who respects my love of diamonds and who makes it easy for me to talk about the dream e-ring with him. I guess we'll see what the future holds...

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Okay different jeweler different diamond what do you think by Hench
Up a Topic Okay different jeweler different diamond what do you think posted in DIAMONDS by Hench
Older:
Down a Topic Am I thinking correctly about color clarity I know cut is most important by Boberang
Down a Topic Can someone help me find a photo of this ring posted in JEWELRY by TaiChiChick